Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about removing custom careers

Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
I am deciding whether or not to add a career mod to my game. But before I do so, I want to know what happens if I decide I won't like it.
- Can I simply remove the career from my game? What happens to sims who are employed in this particular career.
- Is it possible for NPC sims to get randomly assigned to a custom career, for example as co-workers? Or do I only have to worry about those sims I actively played?

Comments

• Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 332 Member
    @Atreya33 I've used custom careers before, I think the ones I used were from KiaraSims4. I removed them from my game and, if I remember correctly, the sims that had the careers just didn't have a job after I removed them. I'm not sure if it's possible for NPC sims to get assigned to a custom career, I didn't notice when I had them installed in my game. I did notice that custom traits will get assigned to random NPC sims, so I would think the careers would as well. I have never had a problem removing custom careers or traits from my game. It has been a while since I have used any custom careers or traits, and the game has been through a few updates since then, so I'm not sure if anything has changed since I last used them. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    HumongustHumongust Posts: 10 New Member
    My NPC sims get randomly assigned to the custom careers I use sometimes.
    I have removed some careers in the past and have not seen major issues crop up. Like MrPlumbob said, it seems the affected sims will just become unemployed. :)
    I really enjoy the variety of having some custom careers! There are only so many secret agent sims one can enjoy at one time!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Thank you for the positive answer. I think I will give it a try.

@Humongust interesting you mention the secret agents because one of the careers I am considering is a secret agent with a work from home option.