Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Top 10 Career Wants. What are yours?

Top 10 Careers I’d love to see added to the Sims 4!
1) Dentist. This really is a no brainer at this point, especially after all of Get Together’s tooth references. I’d settle for a base game-style career, non-active and two branches with various career rewards.

2) Hairstylist/Barber: This would really need to be an active career – get a stylist chair and learn to cut and style hair with an all new skill tree. The higher your skill, the more new hair and beard/mustache styles you unlock for your Sims. Open your own salon, and a new venue type is the perfect place to meet up with the guys or girls to swap stories, gossip, and more. Cute interactions like your toddler’s first haircut, etc.

3) Acrobat/Circus performer: Learn to juggle, throw knives, ride a unicycle, navigate the giant hula hoop, walk on stilts, etc. Perform on the streets for tips or book gigs at a new show venue.

4) Magician: Port it over from Sims 3. Hone your abilities from card tricks to more advanced illusions as you rise through the ranks of the new skill tree. Perform at the new show venue.

5) Bands/Singer: See above, but with music and instruments! Pick a genre – rock, country, hip hop, pop, acoustic folk, etc.

6) Fashion Designer/Model – Another base game-style career, pick your branch and rise to the top of the fashion industry as either a top model or an award-winning designer of haute couture.

7) Slacker career – Not every Sim is made to rise to the top of their career, and this batch of random jobs proves it. Make just enough to get by in life, or become a professional celebrity hanger-on and mooch off the rich and famous!

8) Blue collar jobs: A new kind of job, maybe, like part time only full time and with wages designed to let you live comfortably but not make you a millionaire over night. Mechanic – fix and maintain cars. Construction worker/carpenter. Taxi Driver. Garbage collector – bring home “treasures” and treasures you find on the job – “I can’t believe they threw this away!” Librarian. Secretary/Administrative Assistant. Lumberjack. Plumber/Repairman. Door to door salesmen. Whatever!

9) Artisan: Turn your art into a trade! Pottery wheel, toy making, sculptor block, jewelry making, sewing machine – you craft it, then you sell it! More offerings for the Plopsy website, or open a retail space or bring your creations to the craft fair/flea market.

10) Dancer. I’m stretching here, but they had a Dance career in the Sims 2 so, yeah, sure, why not bring it back?

Bonus idea: Refresh the Archeology “career” and expand on it by offering different modes in different locales. Maybe you could find pirate artifacts in Brindleton Bay, and Oni masks and Japanese swords in Mt. Komorebi. Maybe there’s dinosaur bones in Oasis Springs (Yes, that’s paleontology, I know, but anyway … I want a dino skeleton!), and Native American pottery in Strangerville? Every world has a story, and help tell it through the archeology findings. Or, give us new worlds with new collectibles to discover – Africa – tribal masks, totems; the Far East – those gorgeous Chinese-inspired vases from Sims 3; Greece/Mediterranean – classic marble statues and busts; Norse – shields, weaponry, Viking helmets.

Comments

• Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    Here are mine-

1. Therapist/social worker- this would be a base game type career, but with rewards and maybe new interactions (perhaps “ask about childhood,” “ask how that makes them feel”)
    2. Dentist
    3. Librarian
    4. Contractor or architect
    5. Maid/housecleaner as one of the “part time” jobs
    6. Car mechanic- especially as active career with a car pack
    7. Hotel manager with hotel/resort pack
    8. Realtor
    9. Photographer as an active career that comes with a revamp of how photography works in game, makes it much easier to do family photos, has group poses, and allows you to hire a wedding photographer
    10. Go back and fix it so my sim can be a vet as a normal, rabbit hole career instead of having to own and operate my own clinic
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would love it if sims with high skill could get certain NPC jobs like handyman, maid, bartender, barista, gym instructor, swim coach, etc. to allow them to make some money on the side. Like a sim who has high skill in baking could get opportunities to bake cakes for friends for a fee and then maybe even start a regular cake baking business by creating a website to advertise and take cake orders from. Also, would love to be able to hire a handyman to do the upgrades on objects.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited May 2023
    Top 10 Careers I’d love to see added to the Sims 4!

6) Fashion Designer/Model – Another base game-style career, pick your branch and rise to the top of the fashion industry as either a top model or an award-winning designer of haute couture.
    This could be a couture game pack. But not as an inactive career. You could have a couture semi-active career similar to a stylist. Instead of having the create-a-trend interface, you could have a create-a-swatch interface. This would allow the designer to create new swatches of existing CAS assets using a selection of textures, patterns and color and brightness sliders. You could have one branch where you're a designer and another branch where you're an expert tailor. Then there would be modeling as an active career.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Any new active careers would be fab, but if the Sims 4 sunsets without bands/singers, I will legit cry.
  • Options
    ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    I've always dreamed of a Hair Saloon GP but only if we could paint hairs manually, which i don't think we'll ever be able to with Maxis. Also loved the artisan idea and I'm really expecting a bands pack, a Librarian (there's a NPC then why not a career?) and Museum semi-active careers for base game like analyst, guide, curator, etc.
  • Options
    ItsGamerRachItsGamerRach Posts: 42 Member
    I'd really love a realtor job, dentist, eye doctor more for gameplay than anything, and a Fashion Designer GP would be great to go with DHD