Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your opinion: What real-life cities are based off these neighborhood terrains?

ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
I made the same threads for the Sims 3 and 4, but what about the Sims 2? There are a lot of neighborhoods in the Sims 2, and I was wondering what cities you think are based on these cities. This is my opinion (Sub-neighborhoods aren't counted):

Pleasant view: Seems to be based off of Northern California, maybe San Francisco because of the palm trees and hilly terrain.

Strange town: Based of off southwest US deserts.

Verona Ville: Similar to the mid-US due to the sparse population.

(sorry, autocorrect)

River blossom Hills: Very northwest style due to the greenery and Plant Sims

Desiderata Valley: Also has a northwest style as well

Belladonna Cove: NYC

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? You can also share your opinions too!
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I always considered Belladonna Cove to have a warmer climate, so I imagined the map to be mid-atlantic to Southeast US. One or more of the lots have palm trees and this seems to enforce my theory. The grass seems lighter and more like a warm climate.
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    I think Veronaville is based on Europe rather than anywhere in the US, due to both it's architectural influences and the Shakespearean influences on the town.
    Though whether it'd be UK-based with an Mediterranean area, Italy-based with a Tudor area, or someplace inbetween that's the question xD

For Pleasantview I think it's located near the original Sims neighbourhood, which was heavily influenced by New Orleans as of Unleashed.

As for Strangetown, Riverblossom Hills, Desiderata Valley and Belladonna Cove I agree with the OP.
    Banner.png