Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix holes in house?

kwohldkwohld Posts: 110 Member
v8iglqal2u4u.jpg
I spent a good portion of the evening editing a farm house that came with Riverview, which I just moved my Sims into. I decided to make the kitchen slightly bigger, and since it has external walls, I also had to make the upstairs a bit larger as well. I put the new roof on, but now it has large gaping holes on each side of the house. I tried to build walls over the holes but then the top part of the wall sticks over the roof.
So I'm just wondering how EA built this house. Has anyone come across something like this and figured it out? I have testingheatsenabled and moveobjects on enabled.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited April 2023
    I think the roof has to be exactly centered over the first floor. Right now, it's off-center.

A thing you can do is kind of fake it by having the roof made up of two roofs--a gabled roof that sits on top of the second floor, but then a slanted roof over the steps that you can try to blend in with the first one to make it all look like one piece. This is what I have to do with some of my builds when this gap issue happens.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    kwohldkwohld Posts: 110 Member
    edited April 2023
    ts1depot I saw on a different site that I should turn the moveobjects on cheat off, delete the walls that align with the ends of the roof, I tried that but a message said the roof was interfering with objects so I put everything in my family inventory along with deleting the walls, and it worked! :)
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    @kwohld Glad you could get it to work! I know how frustrating these quirks in TS3 can be. :)
    EiFlric.png