Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I Buy Werewolves, Wedding Stories, Both, or Neither?

painted_dreams87painted_dreams87 Posts: 93 Member
I recently got back into Sims 4 and picked up Growing Together, Cottage Living, and High School Years. I love and enjoy all of them. I own all of the Game Packs with the exception of Werewolves, Wedding Stories, and the Star Wars one. I have zero interest in the Star Wars one.

I've been so torn for over a week on whether I should get Werewolves, Wedding Stories, both, or neither.

I don't really play occults, but Moonwood Mill looks beautiful, I adore the build/buy theme, and some of the CAS items are pretty nice. I could see myself someday eventually maybe trying playing a werewolf, but that's not the appeal at all for me. I have Vampires and have maybe played them once, but I do use the build/buy often. I'm not sure if the world, build/buy, and CAS is worth the $20.

I lean towards small family play, so Wedding Stories makes sense in theory. However, I don't particularly love most of the CAS, and aside from the windows/doors, I'm not into the build/buy with this pack and find it niche. I don't know that I'd use weddings more than occasionally as it seems like a potentially buggy hassle. My last couple just eloped, and that was fine. Tartosa looks stunning, but I don't know that $20 for mostly just a world is worth it.

I can't seem to make a decision, so I'd love input from people who have the packs. Any input is very appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Sounds like you want the packs more for the world, CAS and build mode objects than their advertised features and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I’ve bought packs for those reasons as well and don’t regret it. It’s all about do you feel like what you want the most out of the pack is worth the $20 price tag. You’ve already done the research and know what the packs contain.

I think you will eventually own both packs so just ask yourself which one you want first and pull the trigger.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    Both! My first werewolf wedding was hysterical. I didn't invite anyone to keep it as easy and bug-free as possible. The couple just exchanged vows privately at the rental home.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for the input! I think I'm going to get both packs. I'd wait for a sale, but that could be a long time just to save $10 so diving in now. <3
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited April 2023
    I really like the werewolves pack but then again I like playing with occults. The gameplay is very good but you seem to want it mainly for the world and items. This is the first pack to finally offer a toggle so players can choose themselves if they want werewolves everywhere or only in moonwood mill. So be warned, you will see werewolves in moonwood mill even if you set the option to hide werewolves in other worlds. If that doesn't bother you, go for it.

I got my wedding stories for the world and the cas. The gameplay is rather meh. You have more options for weddings but there is no incentive to complete the tasks as there is in base game weddings. But I rarely have weddings in my game so I don't mind. It is possible to elope and get married at the tartosa city hall. That's a nice touch. But the world is stunning and makes up for most of the short comings. I regret not waiting for a sale for this pack.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the detailed info!

I really don't mind werewolves being around. Vampires show up randomly, and it's just part of the game to me. That's very good to know about the toggle!

Being able to elope in Tartosa is a nice addition. Looking again at all the stuff weddings entail, I could see myself having weddings for certain Sims, if their personality fits having a lavish wedding.

I'm still recovering from a major elbow surgery, so adding more to my Sims game while I'm limited to mostly one-handed games is a huge plus. And of all the occults, werewolves do look the most entertaining to try. :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited April 2023
    If it was for gameplay in the packs
    I'd say werewolves because I am still recovering from the wedding horror show
    and I found werewolves and Greg delightful

I do however adore couple dancing n such though
    so yeah idk I couldn't really play without

As for worlds Tartosa be pretty if it wasn't always such bad weather
    which okay is extremely stunning if you want the bad weather

but most of the time I was trying to have chill sims vacation vibes
    and the game just threw me endless thunderstorms
    so I got kind of sick of it and didn't go back yet :sweat_smile:

Moonwood was not as stressful for me it was all rather lovely n vibing
    but as builder I do find its strangely challenging to build there

probably just because I struggle to define what is ultimate werewolf house style
    and how it differentiates from other houses i have :sweat_smile:
    I love my occults so I just want them to have the best y know

B/B I think exteriors from MWS are pretty versatile
    I find myself using them everywhere (but i do build lots of old buildings, churches, mansions so forth)

I do also think that if you don't have luxury party stuff
    then mws furniture will certainly work for those needs

werewolves furniture i do think i use mostly with the occults
    it mixes well with RoM stuff and theres some worn pieces if you like that

i can't really recall using the exterior stuff much though
    probably because i haven't
    maybe if you build lots of industrial stuff or such it might be useful

as for CAS
    wedding stories adds lovely evening wear and Werewolves adds some torn rocker fun

I think there is a simple question to ask thyself, is it rags or the riches you seek?
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all the input!

I bought both and so far, I've browsed the build/buy and CAS + walked around the worlds with a Sim. I'm going to write up my 1st impressions in case anyone browses this board for help making this same decision in the future.

Everything in Wedding Stories is so much nicer in game than it looks in the preview/not on a Sim or in a house. The CAS has some lovely unique dresses, a feminine pantsuit, and some amazing cultural items. The build/buy has some of the nicest windows and doors in the game, and many of the objects are more versatile than they appear to be. Some of the wedding seating, for example, would look nice in homes or other venues. Tartosa is already one of my favorite worlds. You can swim in the water, shop in the main area, rent a place to stay, and more. It'd be a lovely world for taking pictures of Sims.

Everything in Werewolves is very well done. The grunge theme is strong in both CAS and build/buy. The CAS is super unique with torn and tattered clothes along with some nicer pieces. It'd be great if you're playing a rebellious teen or a Sim starting with nothing, even if they're not a werewolf. The build/buy is perfect for rundown houses, basements, or even haunted houses. It does offer some nicer items too, including some of my favorites in the game like the moon mirror, crib with a moon, flower lamp, etc. Moonwood Mill is dark and a little spooky, which is perfect for the pack.

Overall, I'm really impressed by both packs. They're a lot higher in quality (world, CAS, build/buy wise) than other packs, in my opinion. Even if I never use the gameplay in either (I will at least try them though), they're worth it to me. :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I can so relate. I mostly go for the worlds & build objects 1st also.
    Anyways, so what I understand is that you only have just the last few Expansion Packs & about 9 or 10 Gameplay Packs?

I recommend buying Werewolves for now, because Moonwood Mill goes perfectly with Glimmerbrook & Forgotten Hollow.
    I also recommend buying Get Together, because it's a perfect sister World with Henford, plus it's way bigger & cooler.
    Later on, get Wedding pack for Tartosa & Island Living pack for Sulani, these two packs are also perfectly connected. <3:pB)

If you're interested in any of the other worlds, I can advice you on them also.

Oh, & have fun. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Thank you so much for all the input!

I bought both and so far, I've browsed the build/buy and CAS + walked around the worlds with a Sim. I'm going to write up my 1st impressions in case anyone browses this board for help making this same decision in the future.

Overall, I'm really impressed by both packs. They're a lot higher in quality (world, CAS, build/buy wise) than other packs, in my opinion. Even if I never use the gameplay in either (I will at least try them though), they're worth it to me. :)

Have fun and do share some pictures with us!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’ve gotten more use out of Werewolves personally, but for my tastes they’re both worth buying. I’ve really appreciated all the new men’s clothing that comes with My Wedding Stories.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    I really enjoy the wolf pack, it’s up there with the vampires and spellcasters. The rage thing is a bit annoying but sometimes it can be comical.

I don’t use the wedding pack much as my sims tend to just propose and elope on the spot, but it does add a significant depth to weddings. It makes you want to have them. I’ve thrown several since the pack was released.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited April 2023
    It seems like Wedding Stories would be better for you. I own both of them and as I adore werewolves, the gameplay in this pack is heavy on occult. World is small, but has a lot of secrets, again, mostly accessible only by werewolves. So if you don’t plan to play as werewolves you will not see 80 % of stuff in this pack. And if you live in Moonwood Mill you will see bunch of werewolves running rampant during full moon plus you may get beating from Greg, when he decides to venture outside of his shed, lol.

Wedding Stories will give you more advanced weddings (they are not that buggy at this point as many still believes) and also few other parties. You wrote you have Growing Together so I think with new family dynamics and compatibility, weddings should be a lot of fun. The most buggy thing at this point is couple dance, so don’t expect too much. Usually it’s short and prone to resetting. Sometimes you have to click few times to get them even start dancing. But overall this pack does make family gameplay better (big families especially) and we get one of the best male suits and female pumps in game. I’m still angry they didn’t added new high heels though.

Overall my opinion is that you should go with Wedding Stories, unless of course you can buy both.
  • Options
    OP has purchased both packs.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Simmingal wrote: »

-snip- ...

As for worlds Tartosa be pretty if it wasn't always such bad weather
    which okay is extremely stunning if you want the bad weather

but most of the time I was trying to have chill sims vacation vibes
    and the game just threw me endless thunderstorms
    so I got kind of sick of it and didn't go back yet :sweat_smile:

-snip- ...

I can't remember if you use mods or not. Bienchen has a mod for less rain and more sunshine. She also has a mod that guarantees a lot will stay sunny for 24 hours after your sim enters it, if you use the sunny lot trait.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2023
    this thread actually helped me decide too. It seems like after the recent patch that the pack is more playable now, so I just got it on sale. kind of excited to see tartosa on my own screen, it looks very nice.
  • Options
    Have fun! I'm planning a wedding and hopefully I'll be able to contribute to these threads afterwards. 🙂
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    Well, weddings are now and then. With werewolves you can play those things every day. 😊 I like both but for more game play go with werewolves.
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    The one annoyance I have with the world of Tartosa though, is the lack of swimmable areas. there is one small waterfall area, and then one tiny spot by the beach lot, everything else is not usable. What a waste of an ocean world lol.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited May 2023
    I know OP decided already but this is an interesting choice.

As someone who has both packs and didnt do the main gameplay of either of them, MWS blows Werewolves out of the water. The CAS is wonderful for formal outfits, the build buy has some beautiful items, it adds wedding bouquets to the flower table, you can make more cakes, Tartosa is way better than Moonwood Mill, there is a collection you can get there and it introduces Greta Laurent and her family. Greta was in my HSY class and my sims best friend so that made it worth having this pack 😁.

Werewolves CAS and build buy and world and premades just doesn’t appeal to me. I heard if you actually do the gameplay it’s the other way around and Werewolves is far superior though.