Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Are My Friends Always Wanting To Move In With Me? Growing Together Being Weird

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or had a problem with it, but ever since I got Growing Together my sims friends are always asking to move in with me. Some of them are parts of big families too, and I just can't fit them all in my house 😅😅 It was a cute addition at first but now everyone is ALWAYS asking to move in. It's getting old.

Comments

• Options
    uquiuquiuquiuqui Posts: 23 Member
    I think its just another feature that turns weird because it happens a lot. I assume it gets triggered (maybe with a random chance?) when your relationship with a sim is high enough - I’ve had one Sim wanting to move in after knowing them for 2 days. To me it feels the same like the feature where Sims will call and ask you to hangout - cute at first, annoying after a while and at some point tolerated.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2023
    I’m just glad the devs were thoughtful enough to make “no” the first option because sometimes I click through those splash screens quickly.
  • Options
    ItsGamerRachItsGamerRach Posts: 42 Member
    uquiuqui wrote: »
    I think its just another feature that turns weird because it happens a lot. I assume it gets triggered (maybe with a random chance?) when your relationship with a sim is high enough - I’ve had one Sim wanting to move in after knowing them for 2 days. To me it feels the same like the feature where Sims will call and ask you to hangout - cute at first, annoying after a while and at some point tolerated.

Yeah exactly, I had a Sim I literally just friended the day before ask and I was like um no? 😂😂 It just feels like they should've put some restrictions on it, like maybe if the household is under three sims or they don't have a spouse they're living with or something 😅
  • Options
    Future wrote: »
    I’m just glad the devs were thoughtful enough to make “no” the first option because sometimes I click through those splash screens quickly.

I know 😅 I almost hit the 'yes' button accidently because I'm so used to it being the other way around 😂😂
  • Options
    PruThistlePruThistle Posts: 97 Member
    It's the same with Sims walking into your home uninvited and asking to be best friends. It's super annoying and makes it seriously awkward when my Sim refuses the offer. It harms what should have been a good, casual relationship because the one who was refused winds up holding a grudge.
  • Options
    PruThistle wrote: »
    It's the same with Sims walking into your home uninvited and asking to be best friends. It's super annoying and makes it seriously awkward when my Sim refuses the offer. It harms what should have been a good, casual relationship because the one who was refused winds up holding a grudge.

Oh yeah that's been happening a lot to me as well and it's equally awkward 😂😂
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I have sims who my sim has only met that day wanting to be BFFs! And several family members have asked to move in, even though the household is full. It’s annoying to have them hurt by having to refuse their request.
  • Options
    I have sims who my sim has only met that day wanting to be BFFs! And several family members have asked to move in, even though the household is full. It’s annoying to have them hurt by having to refuse their request.

Yeah I don't like that refusing gives a negative outcome to the relationship because I'm hardly ever going to agree to it and all of my friends are going to hate me 😅
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member

We don't have to worry about turning them down now cause the last update gives us the option to have multiple best friends.
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or had a problem with it, but ever since I got Growing Together my sims friends are always asking to move in with me. Some of them are parts of big families too, and I just can't fit them all in my house 😅😅 It was a cute addition at first but now everyone is ALWAYS asking to move in. It's getting old.

OMG I'm the opposite and my sims are chasing people around trying to get them to be roommates!! And then if they do say yes, they never turn up.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,580 Member
    edited April 2023
    I disabled both with my callandvisittweak mod as I do not like them.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    After accidentally clicking yes one time, I've found the easiest way to deal with this is just say yes. Then cancel while on the move-in screen. It avoids the hurt sentiment and your household can still stay the same.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I haven't been getting the move-in requests but my Sim is getting the best friend request spam like there's no tomorrow. He was at his last semester of college showering in the dorms. His girlfriend lived in the same dorm and was showering one stall over. Out of nowhere this female friend of his just shows up in the dorm and walks right into the shower to ask him if he wants to be best friends? I mean, come on, can I towel off and get dressed before you give me the best friend full court press? Lol, and I wonder what his girlfriend in the next shower stall over would have done if he had said "yes".
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    PruThistle wrote: »

I spend so much time going through my sims' contacts list and removing arbitrary grudges (with UI cheats). Don't want to be best friends with a rando who doesn't even have a strong enough friendship to be best friends, flirted with them once to meet a whim and is now expected to go to prom with them forever, did something I don't know what but for some reason they have a grudge now ....