Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Pack - Stay Over Guests Won't Go to Bed!!

diego2memphisdiego2memphis Posts: 575 Member
Does anybody know how to make stay-over guests go to bed? It's a big oversight if we can invite sim guests to stay over but we can't make them go to bed. Am I overlooking something here? Thanks in advance!
Builds-Banner-1024x156.png

Find me on YouTube and on my website - mysimsloveaffair.com. I post stories, legacies and builds! 🥰
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2023
    Click on the bed and assign them to the bed.

I planned a stay over with my Sim’s girlfriend and noticed the gf was not listed as an option to assign to the other side of my Sim’s bed.

I ended up having to delete my Sim’s bed then I could assign my Sim to one side and the guest to the other side.

But generally speaking, they can be assigned to a random bed. When my Sim’s parents stayed over, I was able to assign his mom to one side of a double bed and his dad to the other side. Worked fine. Then when the stay over was done, the bed reset itself and no one was assigned to it anymore.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. My two stay-over guests are assigned to beds, but they are just running around the house eating and watching TV while the household is asleep. How do you make them actually use the beds they are assigned to?

Find me on YouTube and on my website - mysimsloveaffair.com. I post stories, legacies and builds! 🥰
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I didn’t know we could assign them to beds! My guest rarely got sleepy, but would occasionally crash on a lounge chair.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. My two stay-over guests are assigned to beds, but they are just running around the house eating and watching TV while the household is asleep. How do you make them actually use the beds they are assigned to?

My Sim’s guests went to sleep like normal. They’d cook sometimes, use the bathroom, play on the computer, leave and go to work, come back and sleep.

You can also click on them and ask them to relax or help around the house. Maybe if you press relax, they will be more inclined to sleep.
  • Options
    Future wrote: »

My Sim’s guests went to sleep like normal. They’d cook sometimes, use the bathroom, play on the computer, leave and go to work, come back and sleep.

You can also click on them and ask them to relax or help around the house. Maybe if you press relax, they will be more inclined to sleep.

Thanks! I will give that a try.

• Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Now. I don't have Growing Together pack yet, but I've had overnight guests stay with my Sims and I never had to assign these guests a bed or a side of a bed. But I do notice that they don't always sleep through the night or even at all and just do their things until they either have breakfast out of the fridge or make breakfast. I'd say about 60% of over night guests sleep. But I don't have a lot of sleepovers.

Maybe that has changed with the new expansion?
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    They were supposed to pull out sleeping bags if you don't assign them to a bed, but I have yet to see that happen.
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    They were supposed to pull out sleeping bags if you don't assign them to a bed, but I have yet to see that happen.

Me either.
  • Options
    I decided to assign them beds and lock them in the bedroom. We'll see what happens :D

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    I had a few stay overs, always the same sim in the same household. I assigned her a single bed and she used it several times.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I just wonder if they need a good size area to put the bag.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I found that even if I didn’t assign them a bed they used them. But when I didn’t have a bed and placed sleeping bag, they did not sleep. They never use their own sleeping bags.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    The bug report is here, only 15 me-toos so far and not very many comments, hopefully it will get more traffic soon...
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Guests-don-t-sleep/m-p/12405690
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    It more like they don’t leave and they get mad they can’t live with your sim when they ask.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    The bug report is here, only 15 me-toos so far and not very many comments, hopefully it will get more traffic soon...
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Guests-don-t-sleep/m-p/12405690

Thanks for this!

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top