The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big Project: Making Checklist for all Lots/Houses. Help Please.

I've (perhaps stupidly) decided to try a second time to slowly renovate each world. I've broken it down into phases, made a bit of a plan.
Got as far as placing my first lots in Willow Creek.

I want to make a checklist to make sure each house is functional for at least visiting with my active Sims and to make sure they are more-or-less up to date with DLC.

So, what do YOU include on your own list of "Must haves" ? What does each lot require for it to be complete?

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,908 Member
    edited April 2023
    I'm (probably ridiculously) decided that as I go through each house I may have to add those new light switches to practically every room. I just know it's going to feel weird having some lots with them and some without.

Oh, and Laundry! Gotta have a washing machine.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Every house I use has a computer, laundry, thermostat, robo vacuum, dishwasher, yoga mat, knitting basket, and decoration box. I consider these essentials.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 335 Member
    For me it’s the umbrella stand, thermostat and decoration box.
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 307 Member
    The only priority I have for houses is a bookshelf. When my Sim starts off, if they can afford it, I purchase a more comfortable bed so that they don't wake up with the cheap bed moodlet.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,829 Member
    The thermostat for sure. I think that’s the only thing I have consistently added to lots my sims visit.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,138 Member
    I've never thought of it as such tbh I feel the challenge is more to not just build same houses and venues everywhere so to follow set list of items I feel it would really restrict the possibilities :sweat_smile:

but I think most lots should be able to fill sims needs and if toddlers/infants or pets are to hangout on the lot then their needs

also I think pretty much every lot should have stereo or musical instrument as option just because total silence is not a vibe
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,436 Member
    My #1 thing for me personally is the layout has to be user-friendly for me. I don't care about the "stuff" in the house, but if I ever decide to place households in those houses that are actually going to be incorporated into my story, I have to know that the house is at least route-able without me having to do a major reno on it.

I also don't worry about furniture style or placement of items until I'm actually playing in that house, then I decorate it to what I feel matches the sims who are living there.

Mostly for me, I need the exterior of the houses to be cohesive and match the vibe of the world/neighborhood so when my sim is out and about the aesthetics of the world make sense.