Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disaster Has Struck

kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
I have been having problems recently with my game freezing and/or crashing when using the Social Bunny app. I don't use mods or cc and I have reported this on Answers HQ. This evening whilst using the Social Bunny app my game once again crashed. When I have gone to relaunch the game I was told a file was corrupted and I needed to repair the game. Despite three attempts I am unable to repair it. I have tried restarting the EA App and my computer to no avail. When making further checks it seems as if it has damaged my hard drive. I have uninstalled and I've managed to repair the drive. Now to reinstall. Fortunately, I backed up my saves on Tuesday before the update. I backed up the saves from today but I can't be sure they will work. If they don't then I have lost everything I had done on my new save. I have quite literally been playing morning and night since the patch came out. Only 2 of those days were spent on my main save because I started a new save for my Aspiration Challenge when Growing Together came out. I will be so disappointed if I have lost it all. Wish me luck.....

Edit: It is now past 3am and my game and packs have just finished installing. I haven't been able to sleep at all. My prayers to the God of Saves has actually worked and all of my progress is there. I haven't lost anything! I am now way to excited and exstatic to sleep and just want to game!!!!!
Post edited by kerryemmiebeth on

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Crossing fingers and toes! Sounds like a nightmare, especially when you obviously would rather play with new features than spending a day or two on tech stuff. Hopefully you find a way.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Crossing fingers and toes! Sounds like a nightmare, especially when you obviously would rather play with new features than spending a day or two on tech stuff. Hopefully you find a way.

Fortunately I managed to sort my tech issues out quickly and my game has just over an hour to go until it is installed. I will be so upset if the save files I copied do not work. I am not exaggerating when I say I have barely slept since the infant update came out. I have played non-stop and I have been playing continuously with my new save since Growing Together came out. I can't settle tonight until I try my save files out. I know I can always put Tuesday's saves back in and that is much better than losing everything but it is today's save that I really want. I don't think I will be using the Social Bunny app much from now on. I'm not risking going through this again.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

I have honestly never used that "social bunny' thingy yet. Heh! Good to know it may be an in-game malicious app. (kidding)

Anyways, I hear you on that about being stressed over the game since the last major GT patch. I have finally got it working smoothly today.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    I can honestly say that I have never had a problem with a patch or new pack but that could be because I don't use mods. I have occasionally dabbled in a bit of cc but I never keep it my game for more than a few days because it scares me!! XD I decided to back up my saves this time just because of what other people were saying really and I am VERY glad I did. I was having this problem pre-patch so I am completely sure it was nothing to do with it but the threat of problems with the patch has probably saved me a lot of heartache!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    This was a monster patch, though, followed by an EP that has to be stuffed full! I may have lost my gaming rig. Windows crashed on me and in the rebooting process seemed stuck on a page that even when I clicked on one of the three icons in the lower right corner of said page, nothing happened! Hubby took a quick look at it this morning, to learn that the hard drive is no longer receiving, whatever that means. I'm now very afraid to change out Origin for the App on this laptop, for fear whatever happened to the rig, will happen to this and I'll be unable to access my latest novel. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    This was a monster patch, though, followed by an EP that has to be stuffed full! I may have lost my gaming rig. Windows crashed on me and in the rebooting process seemed stuck on a page that even when I clicked on one of the three icons in the lower right corner of said page, nothing happened! Hubby took a quick look at it this morning, to learn that the hard drive is no longer receiving, whatever that means. I'm now very afraid to change out Origin for the App on this laptop, for fear whatever happened to the rig, will happen to this and I'll be unable to access my latest novel. :open_mouth:

Oh no. That doesn't sound good. I was having this problrm with freezing and crashing with Social Bunny for a while now. I've not touched the app today! I don't want to spend another 5 hours reinstalling my game plus running the risk of permanently damaging my hard drive. I was lucky this time that my hard drive could self-repair and I was able to back up my save files before I uninstalled and they weren't damaged. I hope you can get your computer sorted. I'm looking forward to your next installment.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Well! Now I'm glad I got tired of using the Social Bunny pre-ep.
  • Options
    OceanbornAngel13OceanbornAngel13 Posts: 104 Member
    This is why I backup my Save on Google Drive, so I always have a place to retrieve them in case of emergencies.
    You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited March 2023

Oh no. That doesn't sound good. I was having this problrm with freezing and crashing with Social Bunny for a while now. I've not touched the app today! I don't want to spend another 5 hours reinstalling my game plus running the risk of permanently damaging my hard drive. I was lucky this time that my hard drive could self-repair and I was able to back up my save files before I uninstalled and they weren't damaged. I hope you can get your computer sorted. I'm looking forward to your next installment.

Thank you. My next segment has been rewritten, if you will. I had, thankfully, placed all the pictures I needed into imjur before the crash. You'll find it on page 1134 on the What Happened In Your Game Today.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

Thank you. My next segment has been rewritten, if you will. I had, thankfully, placed all the pictures I needed into imjur before the crash. You'll find it on page 1134 on the What Happened In Your Game Today.

I've read it. I love the mod you were using to get the birth story. It was very realistic. It is so lovely to see the new family looking so happy, I look forward to the next installment whenever you can get your setup sorted. I hope you can manage it before too long and without too much stress.