Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GrT Family Dynamics Issue

I took my YA mother sim, YA father sim and just Infantatized infant sim into CAS to edit the infant a bit. Wanted to edit the family dynamics of the couple and if possible, to/with their daughter, as well. But even between the couple, it's all greyed out and it says "Can not edit preexisting sim." I'm not trying to change who they are in relation to each other, but the family dynamic option....

Can anyone please help me out here?

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes! Use "cas.fulleditmode" before entering CAS and you can edit everything!
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    I was hoping there was some other way, but yes I'll try that. Thank you @alan650111
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @Serendipity38 have you used the cheat cas.fulleditmode that might work
  • Options
    @DarkLady2788 yes, @alan650111 suggested that as well, and it did the trick. Thank you both!
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    I was hoping there was some other way, but yes I'll try that. Thank you @alan650111

Family Dynamics aren't supposed to be editable in CAS, you're supposed to change them through game play. Kind of like non-blood family relationships.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    I hear you, @Eleri . But before I went in to edit with full edit mode in CAS, there was NO family dynamic listed for the couple to one another, or between each of them and their daughter either. It just said "Family Dynamic". Well, I've edited that to have them all "Close" to one another, we'll see if and how gameplay alters that going forward.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I hear you, @Eleri . But before I went in to edit with full edit mode in CAS, there was NO family dynamic listed for the couple to one another, or between each of them and their daughter either. It just said "Family Dynamic". Well, I've edited that to have them all "Close" to one another, we'll see if and how gameplay alters that going forward.

It’s just because you were playing those sims before the pack was installed. With newly created sims you would get to choose family dynamics in CAS to start.

In an existing game you would have gotten a pop up after a while suggesting your first family dynamic. Your sims wouldn’t have had any until that happened because you never gave them any.

Your sims not having any at all is just one of those things that only ever happens when a pack is new. If you waited then eventually the system would have started up on it’s own and any new sims you make will start with them.

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Eleri wrote: »

Family Dynamics aren't supposed to be editable in CAS, you're supposed to change them through game play. Kind of like non-blood family relationships.

Not really true at all. They specifically said in the livestream that you could change them through either CAS or gameplay.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Not really true at all. They specifically said in the livestream that you could change them through either CAS or gameplay.

I’m not sure the wording they used, maybe they just said it badly but think they were referring to the initial CAS when you make the sim or to using full edit mode.

You can’t change existing family dynamics in CAS without cheats and it seems intentional.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I’m not sure the wording they used, maybe they just said it badly but think they were referring to the initial CAS when you make the sim or to using full edit mode.

You can’t change existing family dynamics in CAS without cheats and it seems intentional.

That's very different from saying they "aren't supposed to be editable in CAS," which is what I was responding to. The gurus made a point of saying that we can make those changes if we want to. If that's through cas.fulleditmode, who cares? Most of us use that all the time.
  • Options
    I see what you're saying, @JustinB113 and it makes complete sense. I'll keep that in mind going forward, thank you!

And thank you to everyone else who replied as well. I hope everyone's enjoying the new gameplay from the new pack as much as I am! :D