Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a menu reorganization for fridges and computers

When I try to interact with computers, it has something like 1-2 seconds of lag before opening the pie menu, and a lot of interactions are uncategorized on it...

The same happens for fridges and stoves, having multiple interactios on them, and if you try to open the Cook/Cook Gourmet Meal/Bake/Make Preserve, the game will freeze and likely take 5-10 seconds until it opens the menu and it still takes some time to load all the thumbnails... and if you try to use any of the filters on the recipe list, the game will again freeze until it loads everything again.

With that said, a menu reorganization for these things would be more than welcome, and a performance fix on cooking menus is a must for the game.

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Oh, my! Yes we do!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I agree, with the addition of more and more recipes it has became a must.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Yes I had a mod that put the Open option on the first menu. I’ve removed so many mods I can’t remember what it was but it is sorely missed.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    The menu is causing a lot of lag so there needs to be some reorganization and optimization for it, or maybe that's just not possible and simply too many recipes have been added to the game.
  • Options
    that1chickthat1chick Posts: 15 Member
    I agree it would go a long way to have this reorganized a bit better. My game doesn't lag at all when going through the menus, but it makes some tasks really tedious when you have to repeatedly go through menus to get to what you need. I'm honestly kind of surprised that we have such limited options for career stuff. I think it would be kind of neat to have an option to have your sim go through their work emails. I just wish there was more for my workaholic Sims to be able to do idly from home related to work. Just being able to go through emails, research tasks, or prepare for the next day would be cool to have access to.
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    That brings up a good point, because I had a sim complete the computer engineer career for the computer glasses, but they don't exactly make it clear where the said glasses are in the first place and the CAS descriptions of the various glasses listed there are not showing for me...

End result; I moved the sim onto the oracle, but he has glasses stuck to face now despite my trying to remove them...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I think an update to the cooking menu is in order. We have so many recipes that it is a pain if I want to select a specific meal. I would like some kind of search bar to type in the recipe. I would also like filters, similar to the ones we have for inventory or even furniture. It would be nice if we could filter unlocked recipes, vegetarian recipes, lactose free dishes, uses chopstick dishes and a filter by pack.
    the cakes also really need to be relocated under baking because no one cooks a cake.