Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on growing together clothes and items ?

babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
So I’m not usually one to have issues with the clothes that they put out but I am on ea.com and I’m looking at what’s included in. The clothes are not a hit for me and build mode. It’s just not it. build mode has a few number of items including a few different items that is already in the game before I just fixed differently
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    And that being said I thought we would have much more to look forward and I’m saying that as a Canadian who is four dollars away from $70 for the expansion pack with tax it’s around 65 something
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I like the hairs, the jewelry, the dresses and some of the sweaters. The only issue I have is with the skin marks, they seem to be restricted to upper body only.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I like the CAS for this one. It looks like casual, everyday items. But different strokes for different folks.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I like the CAS. I don’t think it will be great for full outfits but we’ve had some really good CAS packs lately. This one seems more to have good items to pair with existing CAS. I really like the elephant top the deaf lady wears in the promotional picture. Has some menswear staples like polos etc too. I like the idea of clothes that kids and adults get the same version of.

For build and buy I really need to see the world and how to use the items to really judge it. I like some things like the rec centre signs and the bee sleeping bag a lot. But the usual kitchen, chairs, tables etc don’t really stand out to me yet.

I’m predicting a 7/10 for both CAS and Build and Buy, solid but not amazing if you have lots of packs. We shall see 🙂.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I will be waiting for it to go on sale. To many times I have jumped in a bought a pack right after it comes out and am tired of it in a week maybe 2, just not worth that much for such a small return. I will get some game play with the free update and wait for the 50 percent off on the growing together.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Personally, I love the new items, CAS and BB. Everyones different though. Life would be boring if we all liked the same things I guess. :)
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I didn't know you could look at the items in advance. I've always just waited for a GameChanger video.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited March 2023
    I don't like much the CAS or BB. Those are never a priority for me, but other packs have had better and more interesting ones. Frankly I feel the same way about the world. I'm still really looking forward to the gameplay systems.

Edit: I love the moles, birthmarks etc. though!
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I see a few hits and a few misses. I see some pieces I like such as the new facial hair, some hairs, some shirts, and the new shower/bath. I realized the other day we only have like 3 shower/bath combos in the game so it's nice to see a new one.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2023
    A majority of the CAS I like. It's a mix of modern and vintage. That bandana hairstyle head scarf I love! I see a lot of modern stuff for BB too but I'm excited to have windows, doors, fencing, and columns to build Craftsman style homes.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    A majority of the CAS I like. It's a mix of modern and vintage. That bandana hairstyle I love! I see a lot of modern stuff for BB too but I'm excited to have windows, doors, fencing, and columns to build Craftsman style homes.

My exact thoughts! And man did I squeal when I saw the new build mode stuff, I always need new windows!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    A majority of the CAS I like. It's a mix of modern and vintage. That bandana hairstyle I love! I see a lot of modern stuff for BB too but I'm excited to have windows, doors, fencing, and columns to build Craftsman style homes.

My exact thoughts! And man did I squeal when I saw the new build mode stuff, I always need new windows!

New siding too 😍 hoping for good swatches because I'm sick of using the BG siding.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m currently renovating my save so I’m gonna have to rewatch the build/buy and cas videos because the pictures are way too small for me.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I love the clothing item choices actually. There's so much items geared for young adult and younger.

This clothing seems to be more appropriate for Adults and Elders in being comfortable, conservative suburban clothing. Looks very nice I like it. I guess the more mature or 'parent' look really. It also has a vintage look to it too.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I haven't looked at the clothing yet but I was just watching a bb video and I love almost all of the items, some of them are so adorable.

I'm off to find a cas vid next...
  • Options
    Future wrote: »
    I didn't know you could look at the items in advance. I've always just waited for a GameChanger video.
    It’s on ea.com if you look under growing together you see cas and build buy items you get with the pack
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    There are some items that I like, others that I don’t. Also there are items that I wish were included but weren’t.

I love the fireplace, piano, rug, shower tub combo, the new pictures frames, the treehouse for instance.

I wish they had included new kitchen counters. Nice, simple, classic counters like those you find in suburban houses.

I wish some of the new windows, especially the double ones had shutters,

CAS wise, I really like the Teen-Elder Afro-textured hairs, the others however are not great. I kinda wish we also had a second version of the puffs hairdo without the beads, but it’s just my opinion.
    Also many of the assets look like things we already have.
    There’s stuff that I like though like the cute tank top.

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited March 2023
    After watching some videos (instead of just looking small catalogue pics) my opinion has changed a little. There are items in BB that I definitely like, that seem classy and bring something new design wise - like that shower tub combo or the couches! Overall it feels a little mismatched, but that's okay. The CAS however seems like the most boring one in the world (apart from the skin details). I don't know if there was a single clothing piece I was really excited about and the overall style choice really feels like what we already have. Curious to see if I'll actually use it once it's in my game... since after all it looks like it would be easy to use and that's the one positive I'm gonna say about it.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    The items are nice and simple, there's not loads of either compared to HSY as an example. The texture renders and general quality look good. Bit underwhelmed by the kitchen set but they're still really nice. Right now I'd rather have the expansion focus on gameplay with this one because I've plenty of CAS and BB and am looking for more deep gameplay (no mods for me as I'm on PS4).
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I seen a lot of items the are nice but I seen some that are so cute.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I have not yet dived very deeply into this all, but I watched an early access video showing most of the BB an I must say I liked 95% of the stuff quite a lot. I like the feel of mixed styles, modern mixed with heirlooms. There's lots that I can make good use of and the swatches seemed nice, too. I expected more toys etc, but maybe I left my computer for a sec. Either way I actually have enough toys in my game including lots of CC that I hope will still work.

CAS I only saw in he live stream, and back then I loved it for its random-everyday style, being a mix between Henford country style and a regular middle class family living in the suburb. My CAS catalog is packed already, and I was glad to think the new items were a bit unique compared to what I already got. Which is very good and increases the chances that I will actually use it. Skin marks will be fine, but is not really something I missed, seeing this mainly interesting for story telling. Afraid that the game will add random birthmarks to all new sims, just like it normally overdo a new feature. With infant glasses I expect that the smart game will suggest glasses for sleepwear and not for other outfits, like it did for years for other age groups. I miss a clear-all-button for easier removal of random stuff in CAS, but that is another story...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    CAS gets a 5/10 rating from me. I like a few items but most of it is 'meh'. But this comes from a CAS CC junkie, and I know not everyone has the same taste in clothing. The B/B selections are quite nice. Especially the new Craftsman style doors, windows and archway. Lots of cool swatches to choose from and I see myself designing and building a lot of Craftsman homes in the future. The more modern windows and doors are also going to be useful in my builds. Love the new walls. Especially the rock ones. But only one new floor? Surely, they could have created more to match the new wooden walls. I like the new sofas, rocking chairs and the coffee table. The other chairs not so much. There is one that should be in a Back To The Future pack I will probably never use. Most of the new furniture is better suited to the new rec center than in a home. But the new shower/bath combo is nice. Same with the new kitchen appliances. I was disappointed there were no new kitchen cabinets, nor did I see a matching dishwasher. So, the B/B section gets a 6/10 but only because of the doors and windows and walls. I did not include the new infant items in my rating, though, because those were created for just the infants. That section gets a 9/10. I love the fact the infant beds can be upgraded to toddler beds. And that mobile for the infant bed is beyond adorable.