Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Need Help Please

87REUWn.png
Hello does anyone knows what could be the mod that causes this issue?

I have tried the Better Exception Mod but nothing comes up and have also tried 50/50 method. Have removed all mods and added one by one but still can't find the mod with the issue. Repaired the game numerous times and reset the Electronic folder to default but having no luck because the issue still persists, Im lost on what I could do next. Almost forgot to mention my game is patched to the latest patch version 1.95.207.1030 and the mods I have so far are compatible or updated to the latest patch, Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Ohh wow. Sooo nothing is showing in your fridge that can be cooked ?? Not cool !!
    Soo- First we need to know, if this is a Game Issue, Mod issue, or CC issue. Adding in one Mod at a time, doesn't effectively determine the problem. Especially if its more than one mod conflicting. What you'll want to do instead, I have outlined below.

So- Here is Step 1. (This SHOULD work no matter what!) - If it doesn't, then its a bug that you'll need to report it to EA.
    Cut your entire Mods folder out.
    Delete .localthumbnailcache from The Sims 4 folder.
    Start game in a new save.
    (IF) problems persists- exit game and repair thru whatever App you're running Sims on.
    Then start new save and recreate error.
    If not fixed, open a report to EA. (BUT) This SHOULD fix!!

Once you have fixed the issue, now you want to re-create it, so you can locate and fix it for good.

Step 2.
    Put your Mods folder back into your Sims 4 folder, but remove ALL CC, leaving only Mods.
    Start a new save, and recreate the problem
    (IF) Problem has returned, you know its being caused by a Mod.
    (IF) problem has not returned, you know its being caused by CC.
    Exit game.
    DO NOT SAVE.

Step 3.
    (IF) being caused by CC
    Remove only Mods from Mods folder, leaving only CC.
    Start a new save, recreate the problem.
    Once you have confirmed the problem is CC, exit game. DO NOT SAVE.

Step 4.
    If Mods or CC is causing the problem, it doesn't matter, the method for 50/50 is the same. (This one is for Mods)
    Take all your Mods and split them in half.
    Put half into a different folder on your desktop.
    Put the other half into the game.
    Delete .localthumbnailcache found inside The Sims 4 folder.
    Start game in a new save, and recreate the problem.
    If the problem is not recreated, that means the problem is in the other half of the Mods.
    Exit game. DO NOT SAVE.
    Remove Mods in Mods folder, and place inside another folder on desktop. Call it clean, tested, not broke.. something.
    Place other half of Mods inside Mods folder.
    Start a new save, recreate the problem
    This group should produce the error. (If it doesn't, scroll to bonus section)
    Exit Game. DO NOT SAVE

Step 5.
    Remove the group of infected Mod, cut in half, Put half in other folder (you should have two folders at this time) one folder should contain the first group, which did not produce the error, and one folder should hold half of the group that is being tested
    Place 1/2 of the infected group into the folder, and half in game.
    Start game. New save. Recreate error.

-Repeat this same process, splitting mods in half, and testing each half, until you get down to the problematic Mod or Mods-

Step 6.
    Once you locate the problematic Mod, check to see if there is an update for it.
    Delete the old Mod files, replace with new Mod files.
    Delete .localthumbnailcache.
    Start new save, recreate the problem.

Congratulations! You have now fixed your game!

**BONUS SECTION**
    So- if splitting the groups in half, doesn't produce an error in either of them, it means you have a conflicting Mod or CC.
    To fix this, split the whole group in half, and then split on of those halves into smaller groups. I usually start with just half of half.
    At this point, you'll want to create a folder to put directly inside the Mods folder, to hold the extra Mods or CC you're testing against the larger group. When you have tested one, test another. Make sure all groups are tested together, but separate.
    Eventually, you will come across a group that is causing the error. When this happens, cut the larger group in half, and repeat.
    As your groups get smaller and smaller, you'll eventually end up with 2 or more Mods that are conflicting with each other.
    Update them. Don't forget to delete your cache file, and you should be good to play again!

Happy Simming!

• Options
    aryia74aryia74 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Katiardguez said:
    > Hello does anyone knows what could be the mod that causes this issue?
    >
    > I have tried the Better Exception Mod but nothing comes up and have also tried 50/50 method. Have removed all mods and added one by one but still can't find the mod with the issue. Repaired the game numerous times and reset the Electronic folder to default but having no luck because the issue still persists, Im lost on what I could do next. Almost forgot to mention my game is patched to the latest patch version 1.95.207.1030 and the mods I have so far are compatible or updated to the latest patch, Thanks.

Do you have srsrly's cooking mod? This looks like it could be hers.