Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better builds to improve Get Famous' world?

nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for builds to improve the world that comes with Get Famous. I feel like the (sadly, only) bar that is aimed at celebrities is kind of lackluster and doesn't scream "famous" at all. Well, the world in general is lackluster but that's another subject.
I want to emulate the "high fashion" aspect that TS1 Superstar had.

Do you have anything in mind that you can find in the gallery? How did you improve your world to make the most out of the glamour, fashion, luxury aspect of this pack?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I have a struggling artist sim so can't really afford anything high fashion. I did build her a small coffee shop in the small park lot, it's on my gallery if you want to take a look. I was planning on adding signed autographs from celebrities on the walls to make fit the neighbourhood better.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8C2CDF1118D711EC81D219BFEC232A3C?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=crocobaura&max=50&maxis=false

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for builds to improve the world that comes with Get Famous. I feel like the (sadly, only) bar that is aimed at celebrities is kind of lackluster and doesn't scream "famous" at all. Well, the world in general is lackluster but that's another subject.
    I want to emulate the "high fashion" aspect that TS1 Superstar had.

Do you have anything in mind that you can find in the gallery? How did you improve your world to make the most out of the glamour, fashion, luxury aspect of this pack?

I found a PBP Studios Remodeled that is fantastic.

Here are a couple of examples of the interior:
    As you can see, a platform was added, carpeting, drapery, etc. This is far more lush than the original. Plus, the Awards Show takes place upstairs away from the Lounge portion of the establishment.
    YfRY6ad.jpg

This is my Teen Global Superstar, winning his fifth Best Song Accolade, in a row.
    71OgOIh.jpg
    The name of this build I put in bold, so you can find it, should it interest you. I am not the builder, I just enjoy having it in my game. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Alerian has a beautiful and very "famous ppl only" Luxe Lounge that I think would match what you are looking for.

(They only have tray files, btw, they do not have an EA ID): Luxe Lounge
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    I did build new lot for Orchid A Go Go but I would not call it luxurious or high end its more like bunch of performance venues and cinema and like space to hold fan meetings do some comedy music whatever less fancy everyday celeb stuff

I haven't really gotten around to building the bling part of Del Sol yet

well I have tried and failed many times :lol:
    I hope to eventually build new accolades venue since its tad sad but its turning out such struggle I keep bailing :lol:

I think the lots in this world just might be cursed, haunted ... here we go again going to Forgotten Hollow instead

the Sol in here is just too much for my poor vampire eyes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I built an old bank that was converted in to condos....(in my mind). I feel like it suits the landscape well

d5c4SJu.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Just tagging @DaniRose2143 for her input bc I know she has both built and found on gallery some terrific builds for Del Sol Valley
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    edited March 2023
    MarmeladArt has a great super fancy restaurant in the style of PBP studios. They also have a gorgeous penthouse restaurant build for San Myshuno that is perfect for wealthy/famous sims.

Fleuralia has a wonderful lounge lot for award ceremonies, movie premiers and celebrity hang out, the gallery pics don't do it justice. I added a recording studio on the upper floor for my music producer sims to mix tracks.

Simlicy's Starbucks & Grocery store lot is multi functional and can be used as a gym/bar/cafe or retail as you prefer. If you prefer just a gym I recommend TamoSims Pectoral Fitness, I really like that build it fits nicely in Windenburg also.

I usually turn Ward Park into a little outdoor bar/cafe lot also by MarmeladArt I think.

I hate museum lots because they are so boring so I make that lot a classy spa or a restaurant/nightclub. Currently using a restaurant I got from the gallery but changed it up a fair bit and made it experimental menu and formal attire. I can't remember the original creator but my version on the gallery is called Escarole Exquisite.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    edited March 2023
    I added a few things to the museum, such as things for children to do there, some outdoor tables, and some vending machines, I also added a basement with some get famous activities and photo studio using Moschino stuff in the basement.

You can make your own practice studios to take pictures and stuff too.

I also changed ward park a bit, giving it restrooms, the setup to play your guitar ( from city living ), and some children’s outdoor park activities and a couple of things for pets.

I also don’t have much use for mansions, so I added a mall ( retail lot ), to one of those lots on the hill. I found the mall lot on the gallery ( it also has a fake water park ( pool area ) , and I added a few extra things to do like an arcade, and small movie theatre. It gives my sims their 4th mall in the the sims 4. Most of the malls I have in the sims 4 are downloads from the gallery with slight changes, and have changeable lot types. A good place for my teen sims to hang out. One mall I found in the gallery which is currently in magnolia promenade, I added some rooms to ( made a second story to the building ), added the costume and hair changer ( from get famous ) and rack of clothes, and the photo object from get to work. Then I made a room set up like a vampires living room and added a camera to take pictures. There is just so much you can do with several packs in the sims 4.

I really like this thread I’m going to look up some of the lots and names that are posted here.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I think for Del Sol Valley I just spiffed up alot of the pre-existing lots TBH!
    So PBP Studios I just upped the glam factor and made it way more practical so it could also function as a bar or nightclub.
    The Lounge I turned into a bar/movie theatre so you can hold screenings there as well as all the regular lounge functions.
    oh, and I absolutely hated the museum so I demolished it and made it the site of the original Plumbob Studios way back in the 1940s! It is still a Museum, but left as it would of been back in the '40s.
    I never downloaded any of the builds though as I assumed that nobody actually went to Del Sol Valley!!LOL
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited March 2023
    Not sure if these are the style you're looking for, but I personally love what I have placed there and my sims actively visit these lots:
    Picture It Nightclub by RaiMagic
    Simart Gallery by osiazul
    Magna Quarter Fitness by EridaniSims
    Del Sol Movie Theatre by SimerlyPoe
    The White Elephant by Xinqun
    jObNUnV.png
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Thanks everyone for your recommendations! My save is going to be much more enjoyable now :)