Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are my Sims Raves?

I have Get Together. But nobody ever sends me invites for things like Raves in Windenburg anymore. What's up with that?

I have Young Adults and Teens in my household.

Either something's up with my game, but I miss those hours and hours of raves. I mean, the programming's still got to be in my game somewhere, right?
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Comments

• Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I was thinking the same thing just the other day!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Now that you mention it, I haven't seen these in ages, either.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2023
    Now you’ve mentioned it, I haven’t gotten those calls for a while. There’s more packs so more calls about other stuff are pushing the rave invites down the list? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

There was that bug where you couldn’t harvest bizarre fruit from the plants in StrangerVille. 😫

I remember it got fixed but the issue was a later pack causing conflict.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    They are still there for some of my sims. I think the dance machine trait triggers it for them and once you get on the party scene then the invites keep coming.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    My current dance machine sims don't get those. I think the times I've gotten it, my sim has been friends with a Windenburg resident. I don't know if that is causation or merely correlation though
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I thought it was nerfed? To either extremely rare or never. People were completely about constant phone calls and invites so they suddenly stopped. All I get are annoying job calls which is like spam to me 😩
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I do think they nerfed it, but then added in additional phone calls (like should we have a baby on constant repeat) so it didn't solve the actual problem. I wish they'd put the party invites back in rotation and do an overall reductions like no household gets more than x number of calls of any type per day.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited March 2023
    They were nerfed to the point of almost non-existence due to complaints about too many phone calls and invites.

So instead of giving us a toggle option or a cell phone option (the happy medium choice), they reduced it across the board (the extreme end of the spectrum) in one of the pre-patch updates 2 or 3 years ago.... which has rendered the The Bluffs lot in Windenberg virtually useless.

With the Sims 4, it's all or nothing... there is no in-between (the happy medium).

This situation is yet another example that.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2023
    All I get is entirely random people calling me to find out if we want to meet up at a festival. If I wanted to go to that festival, I would go to it with my family.

Or phone calls from my boss telling me how I could get a promotion soon.

You can set up events and occasions all over the place; why can't we set up an event for a Rave?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I was thinking the exact same thing! It's not coming up, and back when it did, there was nothing going on.. So it was already bugged :(
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    We need call filters on an individual sim basis. Social sims would enjoy invites and advice calls, most teens would like invites to venues, sneak out events and raves, foodies would like invites to restaurants and festivals etc.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I thought this was just me. I never get them anymore
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2023
    I wish we could just turn off certain types of phone calls from our sims phones

I love some of them like the raves would be fun now but the big majority is just spam so I end up not even picking up unless i am utterly bored

well, not that i pick up my own phone irl either

in fact isn't it tad unrealistic that we have so many phone calls in the game like who even calls these days

maybe they should have done this spammy stuff with something like social bunny so say sim x could post theres rave at ruins and then you could click to go no need phone calling about it

but then again social bunny is whole another can of worms
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    We need call filters on an individual sim basis. Social sims would enjoy invites and advice calls, most teens would like invites to venues, sneak out events and raves, foodies would like invites to restaurants and festivals etc.

I love this idea!

Maybe if we all close our eyes tightly, click our heels together three times, and repeat "There's no place like call space" enough times, the gaming gawds will grant our wish?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain