Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curseforge Showing Mod & Tray Files Altogether Help

Hello! I just downloaded the Curseforge app to manage my cc & mods folder, as I'm always wondering what's what. It loaded in my current mods folder, but it also loaded in a ton of tray files, and I'm not sure why. I thought that the app was only supposed to show mods and cc. This is very annoying because as I'm scrolling through my mods on the app to organize them, I'll come across sections where it's just a bunch of tray files. Some of them aren't even my creations, they may have just been downloaded to my gallery collection at one point. So, does anyone know if there's a way for me to only see my mods & cc in the app and not tray files? And, does anyone know why this is happening and if there's a possible fix maybe outside the app if there isn't one within? Thank you! (I did close out and restart the app after it loaded up the files, and that did not fix the issue)

Comments

• Options
    mueller_litemueller_lite Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm also having this issue. Incredibly annoying since I have A LOT of files in the tray folder. And since CurseForge doesn't currently have a filter feature for TS4 mods, the whole thing is a mess.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Just copy the tray file in your tray folder that way you won't have duplicates that's what I did
    Hopefully they will fix it so that your tray files are not duplicated or shown in the curse forge app
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    curse forge also does not put the mods like mc in folders
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    Just copy the tray file in your tray folder that way you won't have duplicates that's what I did
    Hopefully they will fix it so that your tray files are not duplicated or shown in the curse forge app

What do you mean by copy the tray file? Copy it to where? And doesn't copying make more copies aka more duplicates? I'm sorry, I'm just a little confused by what you mean. Hope you're having a great day!
  • Options
    twofacedlietwofacedlie Posts: 1 New Member
    The easiest way to do this is;
    move your tray file out of your sims 4 folder entirely,
    refresh your mods in the curseforge app.

Now it should only show the mods and you can move the tray file back into your sims4 folder. As long as you don't refresh the mods in the app it should stay that way! At least this is how it worked for me.
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    The easiest way to do this is;
    move your tray file out of your sims 4 folder entirely,
    refresh your mods in the curseforge app.

Now it should only show the mods and you can move the tray file back into your sims4 folder. As long as you don't refresh the mods in the app it should stay that way! At least this is how it worked for me.

Thank you this worked. The clutter was driving me crazy.