Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Childs nose is bigger than parents?

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but my sims children are inheriting their parents features...but enlarged or reduced?

The mother is the top photo, and her daughter is the bottom. They have the same nose, but her daughters nose is noticeably bigger.

12-29-22-7-20-11-PM.png
02-21-23-6-52-08-PM.png

Comments

• Options
    LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    What does the dad look like?
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    What does the dad look like?

Unfortunately I don't have many photos of him since him and the Mom didn't stay together, but his nose is totally different. Also, her half sister has the same nose as her. This is the only picture I found of her father.
    12-30-22-3-15-22-PM.png
  • Options
    Here is her half-sister, same issue.

Mom
    02-23-23-7-51-53-PM.png

Dad
    02-23-23-7-51-50-PM.png

Daughter
    02-23-23-7-51-45-PM.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Could it be that length is a separate variable from shape? Looks like both these inherited noses are the length of dad's nose, but shape of mom's nose.
  • Options
    Could it be that length is a separate variable from shape? Looks like both these inherited noses are the length of dad's nose, but shape of mom's nose.

I was thinking the same, but wasn't 100% sure if that was a thing
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    It's the best I got ;)
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member

I've found that this is exactly how it works. Everything you can separately alter in CAS can be inherited from either parent. Leads to interesting results a lot of times.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited February 2023
    SimCrazy wrote: »
    Here is her half-sister, same issue.

Mom
    02-23-23-7-51-53-PM.png

Dad
    02-23-23-7-51-50-PM.png

Daughter
    02-23-23-7-51-45-PM.png

Both the mom and the daughter have thick bridges. Mom has chubby cheeks, where the daughter has chiseled cheeks, this may be creating more of an optical illusion. Also, daughter's nose is slightly wider at the end (which is merely a blending of the two parents' noses) and slightly longer, overall. That's my take on it, anyway. I used to draw portraits, if that means anything.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/