Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now Is The Right Time to Introduce Customizable Life Span

It’s still unclear how the Infant stage will be implemented. Many claim that it is an addition to the original Baby stage. If that’s the case, I think life stages will become even more unbalanced as it is now. IMO, the Adult stage should be proportionately way longer than it is, since right now it is already unlikely for an Adult sim to raise their children from Baby to YA but still remain in the Adult stage—which is a bit unrealistic.

I think it is time to implement a life span customization feature. This will allow more freedom for players to portray and simulate lives as they see fit.

Comments

• Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    We already have the ability to age children up when ever we feel like it without having to use cheats. What would life span customization add to that? I almost never wait until birthdays to age up infants, toddlers or children. When the teen years were the same length as the child years I would sometimes allow teens to age up on their birthday, depending on their story. Since the base game update for HSY, I now always age up teens well in advance.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    @Eleri , I personally prefer my sims to age alongside with the world. Allowing the span of each life stage to be customizable will ensure that other unplayed sims age appropriately and logically. Otherwise, I’ll have to actively enter Manage World to manually age them up, which would be a waste of players’ time.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    It's a huge part of why I finally gave in and downloaded a mod (MCCC). If they would give us that option in an unmodded game I would love that.

And it's mostly to make things longer, not shorter. To get the more realistic age spans I like (based on how old you should be when the child you had in your early 20s ages to teen and YA) I need longer YA and Adult stages. Otherwise on normal they are elders before they should turn 50. And on long I would have some stages that were correct and others that I had to keep a spreadsheet to remember when to manually age up. I play 20+ families in rotation so having the game acknowledge when I want them to age is very useful to me.