Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kamio Play's | Chronically my sim adventures

KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
I’m starting a thread to keep my game play chronicled and together. I just finished a Royal Family Legacy of 10 generations and I wanted something different.

I always come back to legacy gameplay and restarting afresh just before the babies/infant updates seemed the way to go.

Sangrey Chronicles ~ A Legacy Challenge
Generation 1
1.0 - Alls things must start somewhere
1.1 - University and other things
1.2 - Will you say I do?
1.3 - Is This Just Filler?
1.4 - The Biggest Week of Their Lives... Well, so far anyway.
1.5 - White Wedding in Tartosa
Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
Post edited by Kamio on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2023
    I'm starting a new legacy because who isn't ahead of the babies/infants update?.
    Sangrey Chronicles
    A Legacy Challenge

Part 1.0 | All Things Must Start Somewhere
    As always I set off with grandiose plans of a classic legacy rags to riches story line with my sims working their way up from nothing. Key word being plans. And since when did anything ever go to plan in the sims?

Exactly three things surprised Elowyn (Elle) Sangrey in her life.

Elle’s entire life was mapped out. She knew exactly what her future looked like and what she wanted to do and when. Elle's greatest goal in life was to summit Mt Komeribi and she'd been training for that moment ever since she turned 15.

J1SYAiR.png

Slbl2q8.png

The first surprise was when she found herself falling in love with her academic rival Derick Staniland.

1eaZl9M.png

VhCE7Fq.png

KtqcYL5.png

It turns out love and hate have more in common than thought. Elle and Derick fell for each other hard and fast.

Elle’s plans for life didn’t involve a serious relationship before she’d finished uni and felt established in her career.

It’s a funny thing love. Elle wasn’t surprised by how quickly the two declared their devotion or the promises whispered in the dark at prom to build a life together.

No, what surprised Elle was how easily those promises came, and how easy it was to let go of the tight control she needed over her life and rewrite her plans to include Derick.

SqSKaqz.png

e9Zi8vk.png

WgpQeF5.png

After high school, Elle and Derik moved into a little apartment in Evergreen Harbour. The two lovers pooled their meagre funds and decided take a short holiday in Sulani before diving into university studies.

BVI9t7o.png

E28Ug1J.png

It was the perfect wonderlust holiday...

Yofyhk2.png

Gk7X57j.png

Fm3WNRx.png

nN6RwdL.png

HB1RwWo.png

fDbTo7q.png

If the below picture gives you house of dragon vibes... Um, no they don’t.

…and if you are questioning my inspiration for these two sims... no you aren't and I have no idea who you are talking about.

wevLDWR.png

tvTCXla.png

FDVzRGD.png

The second surprise in Elle's life (and some people would argue the biggest)... is when she bought a lottery ticket based on a whim ...
    AND WON!!!!!

I3TSn08.png

Um excuse me what? I have never had a sim win the lottery.... ever! I always make my sims buy a ticket because I've always wanted it to happen. Then, the one time I actually DON'T want them to win (because lets face it there is something great about classic rags to riches game play, building up a sims family from nothing without cheats).... my sim wins a cool $1,000,000.

I have no words.

Is this how I planned for this legacy to go?
    No.

Did I want my sims living in a big fancy house and not struggling right from the get go because the last legacy I played was a Royal Family Legacy Challenge with household funds costantly maxed out at $9,999,999?
    No.

Did I immediately move Elle and Derick into the dream home I built as the end goal for this legacy anyway?
    Yes. Yes I did.

HKUYTbs.png

It is a gorgeous 5 bedroom Georgian inspired mansion in the sun-soaked hills of Tartosa.

VIq2XuP.png

The house is just so dreamy.

gCQODEK.png

002C3xr.png

I'll post more details about the house later. As to what the third surprise in Elle's life was? Well, you'll just have to wait and see.
    Post edited by Kamio on
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Kamio! OMG! KAMIO! How are you!? It's been forever! I don't usually check the creative corner but I sure got lucky today!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    I really look forward to what you build with this legacy. The infants update and the coming expansion look really good and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't trying to push my story so I could get to new kiddos sooner than later.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    @Irishsong -AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to see you!!!

It really has been waaaaaay too long. I hope you are really well. I'm so good. I kind of stopped playing the sims last year and was debating having a year without the sims as a challenge to myself for 2023...however the infant update drew me back in :)

I'm a big family player and every time I try and do something different I find myself wanting my sims to have kids and develop generationally.

How are you?
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Sangrey Chronicles
    A Legacy Challenge

Part 1.1 | University and Other Things

So as promised here is the layout of the house - I'm so proud of this place and yes it is based on a real house/floorplan.

VIq2XuP.png

CVqix9I.png

First Floor
    With Library, Den, Study, Massive Laundry, Movie Room, Formal Dining and multiple covered patio areas.

w48kXat.png?1

Second Floor
    With Master Bedroom, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Ensuites and shared walk-in bathroom with separate toilet, bath and shower

azN9EQC.png?1

Backyard/Entertaining Patio
    Put the back of the property is an entertainers patio with outdoor kitchen, dining, fireplace and lounges. There is also a pool with its own covered seating area.

RqVyoQt.png

l4D4gXM.png

The family room is probably my favorite room in the house.

AAUNgwd.png

Photo of the back

EVjvdfi.png

Elowyn and Dean settled into an easy rhythm for their first semester of study. The morning light was best in the backyard so the two would often start off with a bit of yoga

x2cIrqP.png

WN8roOF.png

Elowyn would always sit wherever she was when she wanted to study and I thought it was so cute that Dean would also sit down next to her and join in.

UJeBOpB.png

1OrRP7b.png

SksHi2R.png

BaMAR1y.png

They worked on their presentations at the same time

D43moEI.png

mk1o1fr.png

but mostly stayed at home as much as possible getting use to their new neighborhood.

UmbqJCi.png

xcP2lSS.png

lDVBxE1.png

fLAiVCR.png

ErfAfIV.png

6Cj9t4D.png

YqXC8bZ.png

QiYOWTx.png

GtNe27G.png

I mean...can I have a kitchen like that please?

KCkrvBE.png

gCQODEK.png

Life was good...and they were happy. They went on the odd date night....

6FInpsE.png

OnsecbO.png

a0HiMbZ.png

W5oMUGH.png

Bubble tea wasn't Dean's favourite even if Elowyn couldn't stop talking about it.

Ms5fviv.png

Wa8Ysm7.png

CGZxQUu.png

sCB5Sce.png

Elowyn may or may not have gotten brain freeze at one point.

RJpr6e3.png

OovgJaR.png

I like to play with two week seasons however I changed between 1 and 2 while they were at university to suit my one season cycle play style for university studies.

At the end of their first semester it was Spring break and Dean and Elowyn went to Mt Komorebi.

0s9U5qT.png

ic93ehR.png

The two focused on growing their skiing and snowboarding skills ...

WDVzbzT.png

39aHDGq.png

H78Ba63.png

Which needed a bit of work with how often Elowyn found herself like this - even going down the bunny slopes.

sUxwKuC.png

jt0iuVz.png

They hiked...

qnmWMZQ.png

8fEEp8L.png

XGyEUKd.png

...took some photos with locals

nRwA4BX.png

....and tested out their climbing skills in the icy conditions.

yj9Bocd.png

pX1lhjf.png

Mt Komobrebi loomed in the distance calling to Elowyn and the next time she returned...she knew they would summit the mountain.

NTKMsPy.png
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Sangrey Chronicles
    A Legacy Challenge

Part 1.2 | Will You Say I Do?
    They say love doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be true and nothing spoke more to Dean than that.

Their life was busy and full. Dean could have waited... asked when they'd completed their studies but he knew Elowyn was his forever and always.

9RCGm9G.png

The sunday before their second semester Dean took Elowyn down to the beach and asked her the most important question he could ever ask.

VSfaNdr.png

9hIhGkZ.png

The yes she whispered was the most beautiful sound Dean thought he'd ever hear.

ipbXFQ1.png

fhTCC37.png

6HkHTPh.png

y89P6ij.png

Talk about a picture perfect proposal.

Gpne7Ns.png

Their 2nd semester passed without much fan fair. Dean and Elowyn threw themselves into their studies again...

Pe3slrP.png

q46TOd2.png

...and spent most of their time on campus. Studying...

wQ2jDtn.png

KtAYIvR.png

Checking out the facilities...

GOsu5CV.png

vSCPTpg.png

...and brushing up on their debate skills

8SAqqZT.png

HNwhbhl.png

11LonNu.png

Post edited by Kamio on
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Sangrey Chronicles
    A Legacy Challenge

Part 1.3 | Is This just Filler?
    End of semester celebrations involved running around the campus

H5ySinz.png

WIdIzCf.png

A quick smooch by the fountains....

DtuY706.png

....checking out a game at the stadium....

2sTodkD.png

....which Foxbury's team won!
    wZFWw7L.png

...and an adventure into one of the hottest nightclubs in the city

Hv90hcD.png

M5hHHmw.png

fqRcAb7.png

bW1EFay.png

I was in a bit of a building mood when the weekend rolled around for Elowyn and Dean....

bW1EFay.png

3V1PQVH.png

YKlVpEe.png

....so I went on a bit of a restyling spree at their house.

I added some more plants to the informal lounge next to the kitchen

fZvePov.png

4VpoPDE.png

...added a few bits and bobs to the study...

Lkd7Jro.png

...updated the library a bit...

Oe8eOQE.png

...mostly just start at the kitchen because I love it so much

gwBO7pL.png

...and changed up the formal dining from a long table to more of a square situation

Nqk9DqE.png

The odd shaped den is probably one of my favorite areas...

t6nhHaI.png

...but this cute little seating area out the front with water views is a hot second...

GZmGZ1b.png

p8T8nLF.png

Elowyn and Dean set out to spend some time with their friends in the city and went icy skating with everyone....

PTbMUIY.png

XnN3AzK.png

WFEd4xb.png

qT7sapK.png

0FRxG8o.png

Ad7fih8.png

dczA7ZD.png

...before inviting everyone back to their place for dinner and drinks.

Y8rjzjA.png

b4P3qJc.png

Like is it ok if I say how much I love their outdoor entertaining area?

BN0CVBE.png

It is beautiful. <3
    Post edited by Kamio on
  • Options
    Where are you finding the custom long hairs? They're gorgeous and I'm going to need them (or similar) for my own story in the future.

I love the design you've got going on! It seems so clean! I commend you on your building abilities. I'm horrible at building.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    jadetchijadetchi Posts: 60 Member
    The house, the sims... it's all just *chefs kiss*
    b8xtb7d56xd3.png
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Sangrey Chronicles
    A Legacy Challenge

Part 1.4 | The biggest week of their lives...well so far anyway

You would think planning for a wedding would mean the week before is ...well, focused on the wedding. But when have Elowyn (Elle) and Dean ever done anything by halves? Why fit a wedding into one week...when you could have a bachelor and bachelorette party? Graduate from college, go to the beach, have friends over for dinner and get married? What even is burn out?

Sunday - Day 1 - The Bachelor and Bachelorette

Elle and Dean are joined at the hip, so of course their Bachelor and Bachelorette parties were joined. The pair got ready together at home before heading out.
    liKD7JG.png

Seriously...Elle is the only girl Dean has eyes for and she melts just a little every time he looks at her.

OJB4J9g.png

I was a little proud of Elle's outfit for the evening. It isn't my normal style for sims...so it felt edgy and different and they say change is as good as a holiday.

EArsF31.png

The party was at the Rattle Snake Juice Bar.

cshDwwX.png

3E4Wf3Y.png

EPCt8df.png

The two hung out with friends and played a round of cards.

27xKupO.png

Snuck in a cheeky kiss.

PnoPtX7.png

And all around had a great evening.

Fch0KEr.png

Wednesday - Day 4 - Graduation
    After 4 semesters and their heads constantly buried in books, the two were just a little excited to be moving onto a new phase of life.

Zu8ylVd.png

AnafTJH.png

Elle was so excited she cheered after being awarded her degree.

EstEJG8.png

Thursday - Day 5 - Chill Days, Beach Trips and Friends

Dean started off his Thursday with a run along the coast of Tartosa.

BHvkfJJ.png

Elle kept to the tree line hills before joining Dean for breakfast on the foreshore.

HND2DJK.png

NkHFjDG.png

It was the perfect morning to soak in the sun's rays and lounge on the warming sand.

P1bXRnS.png

FP4Lx9W.png

I ended up redesigning their outdoor entertaining area. I hadn't really decorated with the outdoor desert lux kit and decided I wanted to give it a go. It isn't 100% their asthetic - Elle and Dean are more Hampton/Georgian leaning in their decor but it warmed up their outside area so it is staying for now.

qDWNDen.png

Elles good friend Tina Tinker, her wife and step- daughter came over for dinner because they hadn't been able to make the Bachelor/Bachelorette party.

pQ7KfkQ.png

kLCIQqD.png

Tina's step-daughter was feeling a little spicy and in the end her attitude and argumentative nature ended the evening a little early than planned so Elle and Dean decided there was no time like the present to check out their new hot tub....

nsaCtXa.png

S7XCxIt.png

Saturday - Day 7 - The Wedding

Elle and Dean got ready for the wedding in separate locations of the house. Elle and Dean weren't the kind to spend a night apart, but they felt they should embrace a small part of tradition and not see each other in their outfits ahead of meeting at the altar.

Elle did her own makeup.

B0DSzi7.png

7uOdfzD.png

rxfETJw.png

And did the tradition final look in the mirror before heading outside for a mini photoshoot.

drPGv7Q.png

gUGe5Ie.png

8Hssm3x.png

HEgwBg9.png

Dean was pretty impressed with his styling as well. It's a nice day for a white wedding.

KjZBkxg.png

uuEidPZ.png

xWbDGmf.png

Check out the next part for the wedding.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Sangrey Chronicles
    A Legacy Challenge

Part 1.5 | White Wedding in Tartosa

Ignore the fact that this was taken after the wedding...but I wanted to start off with a scene shot. Can we take a moment for the setting, for the pure, crisp, dreamy location Elowyn and Dean tied the knot?

ThS5uoG.png

Vows are not promises but privileges.

2HkIrcg.png

AuZSeCt.png

HLjY4u0.png

I get to laugh with you...

s1vaIha.png

qbzxIfG.png

R0AkVSJ.png

vtgweAB.png

artuzYq.png

....and cry with you.

fdIuRfU.png

1ZyEWj9.png

3xe1CD7.png

DBXA53J.png

I get to bump noses with you when I try to kiss you...

ojQLzrs.png

...and maybe give you a concussion.

d7paVnX.png

I get to care for you...

Sya9J4s.png

...and finally get my kisses right.

BDO4NjM.png

i4ZXyYF.png

I get to share with you.

8Cu9tUT.png

yyYXq2D.png

iQLrXFa.png

OhUfCUd.png

Xde49km.png

I get to run with you...

GNnokFM.png

ecDxKb7.png

...and walk with you.

ErYW4aV.png

dugcT6r.png

dFUbFrv.png

I get to build with you...

v1H37Jm.png

... and live with you.

f3o3fnD.png

I get to have you be the person I spend the rest of my life with.

LOYKQIb.png

I get to be there for you and support you.

cmJLODg.png

I don’t have to honour and cherish you – I get to.

i10bYTx.png

Post edited by Kamio on
  • Options
    @Irishsong - Most of the CC hairs are downloads from Maxis Match CC World on Tumblr or CC hair creators on Patreon that have made the file free. Aharrisbrittaney, Odyis, Nolan Sims etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Sangrey Chronicles
    A Legacy Challenge

Part 1.6 | A Honeymoon in the Country

In another life Elowyn might have happily settled into a quiet life in the country. Mild nights dancing under the stars, small moments of joy and peace, vast fields stretching into the distance and not a single person in sight.

Elowyn and Dean's honeymoon was a love filled time of pure and utter bliss. I mean, how many idyllic locations can one girl be kissed in....

i7oN4HF.png

rt3LlYb.png

ttZsKw2.png

iSsgIgm.png

...alot it turns out.

Vw3VC7T.png

EP3z4Gt.png

Like most honeymooner's their time in isolation was full of cheeky fun...

Ay51zAE.png

XwzgABd.png

bmeqYS4.png

...with just a sprinkling of exploration and adventure.

C6OqLqA.png

dtoExVW.png

1AD72MQ.png

kYTqCYB.png

aeqP18C.png

OORmhd5.png

0WDZfp0.png

Get your head out of your phone Dean and look around...he's as bad as any teenager...pfft!

jVfMe40.png

Yeah turns out it is amazing what you see when you just take a tiny moment and look around.

8n099H4.png

b6hqDpk.png

6r4jQSH.png

The two may have even snuck in a private moment in Henford-on-Bagley pub redoing their wedding dance.

UlL4S3z.png

2wQbMQI.png

6DcOkxe.png

[Imgur](https://imgur.com/BW92jJi)

And on that note...I'll see you in the next one. Just what....or who is waiting for these two just around the corner and is that the pitter patter of little feet in their future?