Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't we make ghost in create of sim ?

I hope we get an update that we can make ghosts in create of sim.

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Seriously! It's way overdue! As it is, we have to design Sims and then kill them and get them to come out of the grave. Not saying it isn't a good time, but sometimes you just want to make what you need and play it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Because Sims 4 just isn't Sims 3. :'(
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I know! I find it really strange that we can't. I know we can download a ghost from the gallery and change it to how we want, but you shouldn't have to. It's all very odd.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    It is odd and disappointing. Another that bugs me is being forced to start out in CAS instead of choosing a world, then getting to browse existing households and read about them before deciding whether we want to play them, or make a new household.

That leaves me with a lot of saves, each of which has a sim I didn't necessarily want, in it. Those unwanted sims I am forced to make (or download) feel like a burden, a hassle.

Like wanting to buy something and being forced to buy an additional item you don't want or need, first.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    If I start a new game and don't want to make new Sim(s), I usually go to my households in the library while in CAS and choose option to replace the new Sim with a sim/family I want. Then I just place my family in game. But I do agree that I would prefer to be able to go into the town so I can edit the town as I want and have available the home I have in mind for my new family. I want to be able to choose whether I want to go into CAS or edit the town.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Ok, so I’m beginning to see a pattern here.
    Last year we had a Wedding GP. Riddled with bugs of course, which is absolutely true to life, but that’s not the point. Here’s the thing: WHAT do we get when we follow the traditional way of marriage? That’s right, BOOM!! Babies. Or in this case, INFANTS. At this point we’re all aware that there’s an Infant Invasion on the Horizon. Nappies at the ready.

WHAT if the next EP is indeed themed around family/ generational gameplay? We already know it sort of is. I mean, bingo? Come on. So we all know what happens to immortals when they’ve reached the end of their days. This could mean that the Gamepack that follows might be themed around death and funerals and - let us hope for the WORST ☠️- a Grimm Reaper Career!
    Now, wouldn’t that be the perfect occasion for Ghost CAS to enter into the equation? Ideally, Ghost CAS would give us an option to choose a dark entity form or some other kind of ghastly manifestation, such as the banshee or an apparition similar to Closet Mouth, you know that weird portal dude from Poltergeist.
    All of this could and SHOULD be cross pack compatible with Paranormal and the likes.
    I think I’ve got it all figured out.

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Last year we had a Wedding GP. Riddled with bugs of course, which is absolutely true to life, but that’s not the point. Here’s the thing: WHAT do we get when we follow the traditional way of marriage? That’s right, BOOM!! Babies. Or in this case, INFANTS. At this point we’re all aware that there’s an Infant Invasion on the Horizon. Nappies at the ready.

WHAT if the next EP is indeed themed around family/ generational gameplay? We already know it sort of is. I mean, bingo? Come on. So we all know what happens to immortals when they’ve reached the end of their days. This could mean that the Gamepack that follows might be themed around death and funerals and - let us hope for the WORST ☠️- a Grimm Reaper Career!
    Now, wouldn’t that be the perfect occasion for Ghost CAS to enter into the equation? Ideally, Ghost CAS would give us an option to choose a dark entity form or some other kind of ghastly manifestation, such as the banshee or an apparition similar to Closet Mouth, you know that weird portal dude from Poltergeist.
    All of this could and SHOULD be cross pack compatible with Paranormal and the likes.

Also be perfect time to introduce ghost babies.😈
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    I'm not interested in CAS ghosts until they make ghosts make sense. Why do they have hunger and bladder need? To me, ghosts should only have three needs: fun, social and energy. The energy needs to be a special "spectral energy" that works differently from mortal body energy. They should have their own unique way of recharging it, sort of like the way vampires can use dark meditation to recharge vampiric energy.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    I'm not interested in CAS ghosts until they make ghosts make sense. Why do they have hunger and bladder need? To me, ghosts should only have three needs: fun, social and energy. The energy needs to be a special "spectral energy" that works differently from mortal body energy. They should have their own unique way of recharging it, sort of like the way vampires can use dark meditation to recharge vampiric energy.

Exactly this! That bothers me too. I once started a storyline involving a ghost, and I was like, how can she be hungry or need to pee??
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited January 2023
    Ghosts and PlantSims need a rework, in my opinion. Honestly, Aliens and Mermaids could use a touch-up too. But I doubt we'll get that.
  • Options
    @LJK I think of PlantSims as an abandoned concept at this point. Yes, you can still make them, but it's a lot of work, and I feel like they're less interesting than the PlantSims from Sims 2. One of the rare cases of Sims 2 doing an occult better than Sims 4.
    Last year we had a Wedding GP. . .
    This could mean that the Gamepack that follows might be themed around death and funerals and - let us hope for the WORST ☠️- a Grimm Reaper Career!
    I was never interested in My Wedding Stories, but My Funeral Stories would be right up my ally! It could introduce a new CAS-creatable "Specter" life state with a needs panel like the one I described above, and other features like you described. Also, if you own the pack and you invite a ghost to join your household, they would become a Specter. The BB and CAS assets could go modern goth (Vampires has the Victorian concept covered). Also they should introduce wake and funeral social events, but not micro-managy like the weddings, and coffins for dead people. Ideally they'd collaborate with Fake Gamer Girl.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Eleri wrote: »

I agree 100%! This reminds me of an old suggestion of mine:
    Other than alien, mer-sim, plant-sim, and ghost, I think the life states in The Sims 4 are quite detailed and well-done. Here, I have some suggestions on how ghosts can be re-worked to appear full-fledged and logical.

Needs
    Ghosts shouldn’t have as many needs as regular sims. In my opinion, a ghost would only have Fun and Social needs. Other need-based actions should only be taken because of their death types, which brings us to the next point;

Actions / Animations
    Ghosts perform need-based actions such as eating, sleeping, or showers because of how they passed away. For example, a sim died from starvation would find something to eat when they appear, but the food would not affect the ghost in any way (See: Appearances). Moreover, ghosts would actively avoid or receive strong negative moodlets when exposed in certain situations, based on their death types. For instance, a drowned sim would avoid going into a pool or open water, and would get a +7 Fear moodlet when they do so.

Right now, ghosts would still route with doors in mind. I think ghost should use a direct-point method for routing since they can pass through solid materials. Their animations can also use some fine-tuning, as they still present the running and stair-walking animations like regular sims. I would suggest ghosts use the floating animation at all times when moving, only difference is their speed.

Appearances
    Since ghosts are no longer regular sims, I think their appearances should be locked-in as the day they passed. They should not become fat or lean because of over-eating or exercising. As the food pile is a base game debug object now, I believe it is the perfect time that eating or drinking anything for a ghost should create a food pile or puddle on the floor.

What do you think? Add onto the tread if you have more ideas for this life state!
  • Options
    @Simmer_chiyen I love the idea of ghost behaviors being influenced by there manner of death. Here are some thoughts:

-Ghosts who died of cold gravitate towards campfire activities and warming themselves at a lit fireplace.
    -Ghosts who died of heat gravitate towards pools and sprinklers.
    -Ghosts who died of hysteria never autonomously tell jokes and get annoyed with anyone who tries to tell them a joke, giving the other person an embarrassed moodlet. In general, their behavior is similar to having 0/10 playfulness in the sims 2, gravitating towards serious things.
    -Ghosts who died of the death flower get uncomfortable around plants.
    -Ghosts who died of rabid rodent fever have a special "hates pets" trait that works similarly to the "hates kids" trait.
    -Ghosts who died of exhaustion never get flirty and always reject romantic interactions from others.
    -Ghosts who died from poisoning have a sort of unadventurous trait, where they are always happiest when they are at home and they don't like to travel.