Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim 3 CC question

How do y'all install CC in Sims 3? I tried to go to Mod the Sims and download that FrameworkSetup.zip, because it's the one I know and trust. But I keep clicking Download and nothing is happening. It won't download. I'm looking on YT, but some of those ppl's CFG files look a little sketchy. What are y'all using to install Sims 3 CC? Thanks so much

Comments

• Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    Nevermind, I was supposed to Right Click it to Download it. But it did say it wasn't safe....I haven't downloaded it in a couple of years, so if anyone else has had the message and downloaded it, please update me on how it's working. Thanks so much :D
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited December 2022
    There will be a Downloads folder created on installation of Sims 3, that's where the CC goes. Mods however go in a Mods folder that you create yourself, with subfolders of Packages and Overrides, and a little text file called Resources. I got my instructions for the Mods folder ... at NRAAS I'm pretty sure.

In the Downloads folder, is where you'll save the CC files or extract them to. To install them, you can either double click on one, which will trigger the EA App and the Welcome launch thingy, and the installing/success! (or fail) progress bar box thingy. Then double click on each after that.

Or you can launch the EA app and the Sims 3 Welcome box/launcher first. If you've slotted the CC into the folder yourself, it might not show up in the downloads tab of the welcome box, and if they don't then double click on them in the folder, but they definitely will show up if you've dowloaded them from The Store - then you select them with ticks and then press "install" in the welcome box downloads tab. There'll be a little number on the downloads tab's button to indicate new items/to install.

As each item installs, an installing box will come up with a progress bar and will announce in that whether it succeeded or failed. It will fail if you don't install the bought item or expansion pack/world it needs first. It will also tell you if any items were already installed.

So there.

Good luck.

I remember you from university, I still have your story.