Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Were there ever any discussions about who's gravestones are in Forgotten Hollow?

Were there ever any discussions about who's gravestones are in Forgotten Hollow?

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Well….perhaps this is the time and place to start discussing who’s gravestones are in Forgotten Hollow.

Here are a couple of my theories:

1. The Forgotten Sims. We’ll never know who they are since they’ve been forgotten. Who? We don’t know.
    2. Dolls. Some folks find that creepy. I personally don’t.
    3. Clowns, buried alive but they’re trying to get out. No one knows how they got there, but I do. 😈
    5. Sim’s body parts. Far fetched but my guess is a headstone per body part, for example: “Here lies Right Foot. Right Foot was always right, but sadly, also a little down. May Right Foot rest in piece.”
    253. My final and most likely theory: Absolutely no one. It’s all just set dressing.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member

1. The Forgotten Sims. We’ll never know who they are since they’ve been forgotten. Who? We don’t know.

I would take this option out of these, not most likely but sounds like it B)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    1. The Forgotten Sims

Could also be The Hollow Sims.
    You know, like that T. S. Eliot poem "The Hollow Men" ? Very spooky.
    Or, like, just literally hollow for some reason. That is also spooky.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited November 2022
    According to his painting that is found inside Straud Mansion, Vlad was the sole survivor of a settling party of 25 Sims that disappeared. He was impacted so deeply that he never explained what happened to them, but founded the town on their last known location in their memory.
    Which is why I think the graves are of mentioned settling party
    and maybe several Vlads and/or Vlads relatives too
    as there is some headstones that have Vlad like pictures on them

the most curious to me are the headstone with doll in front of it
    headstone in the middle of the pond
    and the statues of werewolves, fairies, forgotten lady...
    none of it was explained so I assume they are simply forgotten people

= free real estate for your own stories :smirk:

also even just the paintings on wall are mystery
    like why would Vlad have these other people on his walls instead of himself being loner and all
    I came to conclusion that it isn't originally Vlads mansion
    and he took possession of it after whatever happened to those 25 people

ofcourse there is also possibility none of those people are actually dead
    considering this is vampires pack, it could all be simply a front for the non occult sims
    = vampires have to pretend to die once in a while and get new identity and their false, hollow graves are in forgotten hollow
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

I’m loving all the theories on here.
    Simmingal wrote: »

considering this is vampires pack, it could all be simply a front for the non occult sims
    = vampires have to pretend to die once in a while and get new identity and their false, hollow graves are in forgotten hollow

Makes sense!

I believe we (The Occult Players) deserve a Gamepack dedicated to “The Graves of The Forgotten Hollows”.
    The only chap who truly knows what’s going on in there is Grimmy The Reaper, He Who Reaps And Never Sleeps.

I always wondered, does he (Grimmy) clean that scythe when he returns to the underground after a reaping? And if so, with what? A cloth? A puff of smoke? His robe? Does he have an assistant and if he does, is it Cupid?
    What if Cupid used Grim’s scythe and Grim used Cupid’s bow and arrow for a day and a night? Would it make a difference? I’d like to think so. 😈

The questions, oh, the questions I have.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I always wondered, does he (Grimmy) clean that scythe when he returns to the underground after a reaping? And if so, with what? A cloth? A puff of smoke? His robe? Does he have an assistant and if he does, is it Cupid?
    What if Cupid used Grim’s scythe and Grim used Cupid’s bow and arrow for a day and a night? Would it make a difference? I’d like to think so. 😈

The questions, oh, the questions I have.

Sorry to disappoint,

It is I The Scythecleaner.

I clean them throughly of sims sins and soul particles with a little spell and silk cloth of Forgotten, sharpen them for the next reaping.

I lay them to rest in their beautiful ornate shadow boxes, each in their own

right next to the hula zombies Reaper brings to life when sims have died happy and content as that is rare and worth celebration in his opinion (and also because he loves a good beach party.)

every so often the specters trade some candy for me in exhange for the soul scraps I have collected (they know its my weakness)

also secretly I love those little fellows too much to let them fade away so I may or may not have given some of them parts of my soul too (just don't tell Grim I don't want to be demoted to digging position)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    According to his painting that is found inside Straud Mansion, Vlad was the sole survivor of a settling party of 25 Sims that disappeared. He was impacted so deeply that he never explained what happened to them, but founded the town on their last known location in their memory.

like why would Vlad have these other people on his walls instead of himself being loner and all

Love your theories! Such a pity I already made up my own vamp lore totally ignoring most of these.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Love your theories! Such a pity I already made up my own vamp lore totally ignoring most of these.
    Well to be honest I have so many differing tales of Vlad and Forgotten Hollow
    that I struggle to choose myself which one shall be applied :lol:
    answer is: all of them until they contradict themselves :sweat_smile:

past, present, future, endlessly.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    They are the graves of the people Vlad led from the Old Country, fleeing persecution for intermarriage between spellcasters and vampires, including his sister whose spellcaster husband was able to disappear in a puff of magic with their toddler son in his arms before the curse of the infamous and evil Sage Witch of the Realm of Magic destroyed the ground at their feet.

They fought valiantly but the planned surprise attack from the Realm was brutal. The Realm was under the leadership of this evil Sage Witch who had fanned the flames of xenophobia to her own political gain, citing intermarriage between vampires and spellcasters as the source of the gradual weakening of magick that had been happening for many years, that it was diluting and even polluting magical bloodlines.

So the families and couples made up of such intermarriage, finally were forced to flee and found in the New World a place where they hoped to be forgotten. But the Realm was not content ot leave them in peace and actively sought them out for "cleansing" seeking to spare no one...no one except Vlad, who was purposely left there alone once the very ground was sealed with a curse that would ensure he and any other vampires settling there, would remain so. They left him alive, grieving his sister and all he had loved, as a warning and a reminder of what would happen to any who defied the might of the Realm.

Ever since, the magic of the Realm has continued to weaken, because there is a secret about the origin of vampires and spellcasters that entwines their fates and affects their magic, and the curse on forgotten hollow must be discovered and reversed if either vampires or spellcasters mean to survive into the future.

The problem is, the very creatures who know what this secret is, have vanished into legend and lore and most doubt they ever existed. To discover the nature of the curse on forgotten hollow, someone with ties to them, must find the Fae.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Just wanted to say - excellent discussions! I love all the options! <3

I assume the gravestones are of, as already suggested, the people Vlad led from the Old Country, but why they're decorated with werewolf statues, etc., I don't know. The description of Forgotten Hollow, if I recall right, seems to imply that everyone is an ordinary Sim from the Old Country and that Vlad being slightly vampirish is unusual, so I assume any Occult elements would also seem unusual to them.

So I guess it's a case of - Why werewolves? Why not? ;)
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    According to the Werewolves pack lore, when Vlad moved to Forgotten Hollow he convinced the villagers that the werewolves who used to live there were a menace and they drove them out of town. "Then the villagers started disappsaring one by one". I believe its those villagers who are buried under.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited January 2023
    This is such a fun thread! Now that ai have the werewolves pack I want ot find out more about whatever is the root of the hinted conflict between vampires and werewolves. It's an interesting trifecta of rivalry and mistrust between three powerful occult. I wonder, are spellcasters and werewolves on friendlier terms with each other, than either is with vampires, or are they all mutual enemy rivals?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I love your sense of humor! Thanks for my afternoon chuckle.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited January 2023
    This is such a fun thread! Now that ai have the werewolves pack I want ot find out more about whatever is the root of the hinted conflict between vampires and werewolves. It's an interesting trifecta of rivalry and mistrust between three powerful occult. I wonder, are spellcasters and werewolves on friendlier terms with each other, than either is with vampires, or are they all mutual enemy rivals?

Lots of backstory in the Werewolves pack. I had to make some adjustments to my own game backstory when it came out. Luckily, it didn’t affect Morgyn, because in my game he’s not just a Spellcaster. You can dig the basic lore out through gameplay, or…. warning! There be spoilers ahead!
    Ancient Spellcasters attempted to create clones that didn’t need food. The attempt backfired, creating vampires who began to feed on everyone, including Spellcasters. The vampires intended to exterminate all Spellcasters. The Spellcasters then attempted to harness the power of the moon to fight the vampires, becoming Mooncasters. They also tamed cow plants. Some Mooncasters took wolf familiars and became so imbued with their energies that they adopted their traits and abilities and became werewolves. Intense rage became a concern, and in an attempt to reverse the lycanthropy, Spellcasters wound up breaking their home, Myshupotamia (The Magic Realm). Nothing was resolved between Spellcasters and the vampires, and the battle raged on, with vampires going after werewolves, as well. So werewolves and Spellcasters continue to be aligned against the vampires. Werewolves are okay with Spellcasters, but respond negatively to vampires. You should also dig into Greg’s lore. It’s really pretty deep.