Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The ea app is not downloading my sims 3 add ons

So I have a new computer sims 4 and thier packs download with no issue .Sims 3 after it install a couple store towns and one stuff pack .The download manager stops working .

Comments

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    There is an issue with Sims3 reinstalling on the new app. And even Origin. It took me a few tries but I finally managed to get 3 to reinstall on Origin.
    Then I install on new app as far as it lets me. Usually was base game and a couple of packs.
    I then copy the ep and sp files from Origin games and put them in the ea app folder. Bonus is if you already have an origin games sims3 folder as sometimes origin refuses to download as well.
    Note: I am still not able to get the SP Fast Lane to download or install in either app but may just use my disc for that one.

jv0t51wb73g0.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    There is an issue with Sims3 reinstalling on the new app. And even Origin. It took me a few tries but I finally managed to get 3 to reinstall on Origin.
    Then I install on new app as far as it lets me. Usually was base game and a couple of packs.
    I then copy the ep and sp files from Origin games and put them in the ea app folder. Bonus is if you already have an origin games sims3 folder as sometimes origin refuses to download as well.
    Note: I am still not able to get the SP Fast Lane to download or install in either app but may just use my disc for that one.

jv0t51wb73g0.png

I can't download origin anymore.I am just so upset now.
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    For those who don't find the EP folders in the same location as @Bluegayle

My Origin EPs are here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I finally managed to get Origin to download and install so redid my 2 & 3 that way. Then switched to EAApp.
    So my game folders are also in Origin Games now. Still not working 100% (Sims3) kind of a hit and miss on what loads. However 2 & 4 run perfect on EAApp.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    I am having an issue with store content. I've only gotten the free stuff by registering my expansion packs so far, but when I try to install them though the downloads dashboard by loading up the game they only work once during the game session and don't ever show up in game again unless I reinstall them. I'm glad I have not bought anything from the sims 3 store yet, because the bug is frustrating. I used to be able to play with the freebie store content without having to reinstall them every time, but my game has been buggy in this regard ever since I had the game regenerate a new Sims 3 folder in documents.