Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite radio station?

What is yours? Mine is Latin Pop from Jungle adventure pack.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Love the carnival radio station.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited October 2022
    I like most of them except the S-Pop station and ones for kids. I make sure all of my frequently played sims dislike those so I don’t have to listen to them. 😆
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    I like most of them except the S-Pop station and ones for kids. I make sure all of my frequently played sims dislike those so I don’t have to listen to them. 😆

S-pop is my second favourite 😂
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I mostly love hip hop, my only first favorite music came back with Get Famous back in 2018, and then to the base game back in 2019
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Pop and hip-hop
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    At this point none of them
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    Pop, Blues, and Jazz are my favorites. Hip-hop and Alternative are not far behind.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Spooky! ❤️

But I also like World, Alternative, Metal and Classical, with a few others now and then. I tend to get bored listening to one type of music all the time so I like to switch it up. But Spooky is my default.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Metal ! B)
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Metal.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited October 2022
    I wish the Classical had more classical, instead of new age and cinematic music. The TS2 classical station had Schubert and stuff.

I'm also fond of world, hip-hop, pop, S-pop, alternative, carnaval, electronica, retro. Spooky and summer strut are fun but they don't have that many songs so they get old quickly imho.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Rock and Electronica.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Retro is my absolute favourite.
    I love the music from the old sims games.

Metal and Strange Tunes are also favourites.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    I like the Retro one. There aren’t any I dislike really.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    My gameplay is very character driven, which means that my personal musical interests and my sim’s musical interests do not always coincide.

I’m aware that this wasn’t even the question, I just felt the need to sort of mansplain that fact…

Speaking of, let me elaborate: One of my teenage sims could be listening to S-Pop all day long and you know what? That’s their choice. Entirely their choice. Who am I to say they’re not allowed to listen to their favorite radio station? Personally I don’t like the S-Pop genre, especially those really fast - moving, hyper hamster squeak tunes that make a triple double espresso sound like chamomile tea…

When we find ourselves in the aforementioned situation e.g. teen listening to S-Plop, I’d immediately switch and shift my attention to another sim. Together we’ll hop-chop - teleport to the jungle and enjoy the squawks of macaws and the chop-chops of patrolling choppers and steal gilded toads from an ancient civilization while the sulking BOBBA Tea sucking teen remains at home, S-Bobbing.

Even though I do like many different musical genres, my mood dictates what my ears need at a specific moment in space.
    Unfortunately I suffer from terrible, absolutely awful mood swings… so…..the clang of radio METAL could easily change into the soothing humty dumms thumbs available on Lullaby Channel within one fart of a fraction of a second.

To make an already boring and long story longer and boringer, the sim that resembles me the most (the erratic dude) loves listening to METAL, Alternative, classical, world, Latin, the other calm piano one that came with knitty, spooky, electronic, custom….and some of the other ones…I’d actually have to go into the game to see what they’re called….. I have no idea…

To be clear, I can’t possibly listen to ALL tunes within a specific genre. Goodness no. I’m sound sensitive and very particular about certain frequencies: I don’t like anything high pitched and I despise songs with whiney vocals and lyrics, like most current pop songs, aka I’m not part of the Sims 4 target audience. 😆

One station that I love in The Sims 4 but absolutely not IRL is Talk Radio. Talk Radio works especially well in my Apocalypse save: I pretend it’s a constant news feed, providing the listener with updates on the next possible disaster.
    Most of my lots are haunted and built on quake zones, but that’s another long and rather uninteresting story.
  • Options
    SdnPlyr8SdnPlyr8 Posts: 14 New Member
    Summer Strut! Metal is a close second, though.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I have no favorite.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Mixed music? I think that's what it's called
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Omg I totally forgot about the Strangerville station! That one is my other favorite, next to Spooky.

The heart wants what it wants.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Alternative, Retro and Electronica. I have set them to play various MP3 tracks via custom music.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Pop is my all time favourite.

Runner-ups have to be hip-hop, s-pop, alternative, cottagecore.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Electronica, Nu-Disco, S-Pop, Latin Pop, and Hip Hop are my favorite stations.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I like the classical ones, jazz, blues, electronica, singer-songwriter both latino stations. I don't really care of any of the others, maybe METAL (love the air guitar) and island radio are okay.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.