Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Several issues with store stuff and University and Fast Lane

A while back I upgraded my hard drive in my laptop to a 1 TB SSD hard drive. I figured that would make everything go faster. . . and it does, except that I can't seem to get Sims 3 to function like it should. If I have University active when I play, I get the error where you cannot save. If I remove University plants from my lot and every lot in the town, it saves just fine. I've uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled the entire game to see if it would help. Can't tell yet because other things have cropped up.
Bohemian sets disappeared. Store keeps saying I don't own them, and I have to go to the Bohemian Garden page to download it. That usually works. So, hopefully, if I ever finish redownloading my store stuff, I will find that it is functional again. . . And that brings me to the next problem. . .
The store sight is constantly fighting with me! It either won't let me log in, or I get halfway through a page of downloads, and it says "Bad Gateway" which is usually fixed by refreshing the page and that sets it back to page one and 16 items per page, when I have 14 pages at 64 items per page! (I own the entire store) And right now I am not able to log in, and before it logged me out, it wasn't letting me download anything. I've got three pages of stuff left to download. It has been frustrating to say the least.
On top of that, like many others, Fast Lane refuses to download and reinstall! If I hadn't upgraded the hard drive, it would still be there, but I upgraded and had to reset things. I know people Fast Lane still works for, but they haven't had to redownload it lately.
I hate the new EA Launcher. It has downgraded my collector edition of Sims 3 to regular, and I'm worried it is going to do the same to most of the other limited and special edition expansions I have! Has that happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    I decided to do a total uninstall and reinstall of my game after resetting my computer one more time. University plants are no longer causing the save error to happen. Store stuff FINALLY got installed though I haven't played enough to know if all of it is working, yet. I'm saving the store stuff to an external drive and hoping for the best! Fast Lane still will not download, though I know it is not just me with that. I'm still frustrated that the new ap has downgraded my collector edition to standard Sims 3, but not much I can do about that, either. :( Oh well, at least I got to come here and rant about the game. NOW I plan to actually play it! :D