Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Install Store Content

I had been playing sims 3 on my laptop, but decided to play on my desktop computer instead. So I installed the game on it, and then, instead of installing all of my store content, I copied the contents from my game folder on my laptop to the game folder on my computer, including my game in progress. After a few sim days of playing on my computer, my sim lost the ability to do several of the affectionate interactions with her pets. In the process of working out that issue, I discovered that all of the Bohemian plants and produce in her storage and the greenhouse in town were missing. However, the plants were available in Buy Debug. I bulldozed and replaced the greenhouse, but the plants were still missing. I tried placing the greenhouse in another world, but the plants still weren't there.

I checked the save I had originally imported, and found that the Bohemian plants and produce were missing there too. So they must have been deleted when I moved the save. There were also issues with the pizza oven and baking station. My sim couldn't use them either, not even after I replaced them. So I decided that it would probably be best to generate a new game folder and install everything directly. But when I tried to install the first items, I got a message that I couldn't install them because my game needed to be updated. I had updated it, but I tried doing it again, several times, in fact. Yet I still can't install any store content, because it says I need to update my game.

Can someone help me to fix this issue?

Comments

• Options
    AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Did it yet solved?
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    No. Apparently, nobody who knows what to do has seen this. Maybe the only way to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall. Eventually, I'll try that, but I don't have time for that right now.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    A little late to the party but I am having that same issue. It either says package is empty, I need to update or even I don't have the expansion installed that is required. None of which is true. I have tried the uninstall etc etc but didn't help. If you get help please post on here.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion