Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Sims 4 Castaway spin-off game?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
edited October 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
As the title says...

I wouldn't mind a spin-off for a Sims 4 Castaway. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Would you like a Sims 4 Castaway spin-off game? 27 votes

Yes
59%
LaBlue0314Isb917elanorbretonmaggiemae8135mystang1972catloverplayerEnkiSchmidtRedShoe7keylimepiesimsxxxsillysimsHopeyStarrSERVERFRAEllupelluelluJustinB113IsharellNightwalkerArkanis 16 votes
Yes
3%
SheriSim57 1 vote
Justine Keaton
22%
SelinaKylesMDianaSimsColton147147Atreya33ZoeyevesterCordeliaBeaufort 6 votes
This isn't a No option
14%
crocobauraBMSOKimmerSprigh 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    This isn't a No option
    I'd like an EP with a Castaway theme. A spin-off would be boring with little replayability. They could make it in the manner of Batuu, but we should be able to live and build there.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Yes
    It wouldn’t need to be castaway but I’d be really hyped if they announced a completely standalone sims game that isn’t sims 5, based on the sims 4 engine. Like Urbz or Medieval. It would be fun :smile:
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    If it meant that there would be no phone, tvs, computers, stereos, etc and no random sims from 3 worlds away barging in, then sign me up!
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    I would like a one but not cast away I think they should do a time period one of the 60s or 70s
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    If I can recreate my guys effectively then absolutely.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited October 2022
    This isn't a No option
    This is.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Yes
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I'd like an EP with a Castaway theme. A spin-off would be boring with little replayability. They could make it in the manner of Batuu, but we should be able to live and build there.
    I hit the second yes, because I would rather have a Castaway EP…… but if they aren’t going to do that I would take a spin-off.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,428 Member
    Justine Keaton
    Castaway gameplay would be nice but I don't want it to be completely separated from the rest of the game. I remember the sims 2 era where people had to create cc version of the object of sims 2 castaway to use it in the normal sims 2. With journey to batuu the devs have proved they can create a separate world and disabled all other packs in said world. So they can use this system to keep unwanted features out of the castaway world.

As for the theme, I enjoy the sims medieval spinoff more than the castaway spinoff so I'd prefer a medieval theme just a tad bit more. But I'd be interested in both
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes
    Yes I"ve been wanting a castaway pack for the longest.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes
    Yes, pretty please. :p
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Yes
    I would love it!

A small number of Sims, stranded at a tropical island somewhere. Like Sulani, but no buildings beyond the ones you construct.

No townie generator. All Sims, "citizens" or community workers (bar, musicians, etc) is created by the player.

No technology. The cellphone will be a distant memory, and the 'phone' in this game will be a trained parrot/seagull/hawk/eagle. And only Sims with a relationship bar higher than 30% would contact you for social stuff.

Food will not be infinite in a fridge. You'll have to send your Sims off into the wild to hunt for material, fruit and herbs. You could still become a farmer if you find enough herbs. Your Sims will collect building materials, gather water, forage, hunt, and fish.

I'm unsure what kind of 'money' system this island would have.

I'll stop here. But darn, the stories I could create.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    This isn't a No option
    I would love it!

A small number of Sims, stranded at a tropical island somewhere. Like Sulani, but no buildings beyond the ones you construct.

No townie generator. All Sims, "citizens" or community workers (bar, musicians, etc) is created by the player.

No technology. The cellphone will be a distant memory, and the 'phone' in this game will be a trained parrot/seagull/hawk/eagle. And only Sims with a relationship bar higher than 30% would contact you for social stuff.

Food will not be infinite in a fridge. You'll have to send your Sims off into the wild to hunt for material, fruit and herbs. You could still become a farmer if you find enough herbs. Your Sims will collect building materials, gather water, forage, hunt, and fish.

No money involved, just a barter system for stuff and errands.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Yes
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would love it!

No money involved, just a barter system for stuff and errands.
    I like the idea about an advanced barter system. Far better than my idea about seashells.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    Spin off as its own game not just DLC? HELL YES
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    the answer is not on the poll but my answer would be no since when they made castaway i tryed it but did not like it much so no
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I would like to see Sims Medieval spinoff more though, but dont mind Castaway spinoff either. Would be fun.