Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mannequins in Bubble tea stores

Can you use mannequins on lots you don't own? I feel like they would be really helpful in the bubble tea store or any clothing store really, but I don't want my sims to have to own it for me to dress and pose them.
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    I know there was a bug a while back with mannequins which if you tried to download and place a lot containing mannequins your game would crash to the desktop without warning. I don't know if it's been fixed.

I don't have HSY, so I can't speak to the bubble tea shop specifically, but when mannequins were working correctly if you put them in your build you would have to have your sim own the shop for long enough to dress and set prices before being able to use it as unowned visit only in your game.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    That's really annoying! That means they are basically useless
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    That's really annoying! That means they are basically useless

Yeah they need to update get to work. They should also make it where you could pick any outfit off of a rack, because although I like my sims to use a clothing store, I don’t really care to run the store. They also need to add a simple clothing lot trait, where you have to buy a specific pieces of clothing to open them up in CAS for specific households.
  • Options
    trogametrogame Posts: 37 Member
    > @DeadFishy said:
    > Can you use mannequins on lots you don't own? I feel like they would be really helpful in the bubble tea store or any clothing store really, but I don't want my sims to have to own it for me to dress and pose them.

@DeadFishy you can purchase the lot, dress them and sell it and then use it.
    I have downloaded lots with mannequins in the past with no issues (not this year tho).
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    A lot of things went wonky in the July 26 patch, but, that patch fixed the mannequin bug at least :)
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-07-26-2022