Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing content of CC file, deleting cache?

So, this might get a bit nerdy...

I have several objects in my game where I created an overwriting file. Ie a painting. I keep the original swatches, but add my own swatches as one by one. Then it is easy for me to have personal paintings in my game, that looks a bit more classy than the one you create on the easel.

Normally when adding any CC I would (at least most often) delete the localthumbcache. I understand this should be done because the names and order of files in the mods folder was changed. But what if I just added one more swatch to an already existing overwrite file? No new file name, no changed folder placement, any hidden object ID should not be changed either. Or will the hidden ID be adjusted based on the number of swatches that *was* changed?

Should I still delete the localthumbcache even if no filename or placement was changed?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I would delete it but, I delete the localthumbcache.package file every time I close the game. I think in this case it's really up to you.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Thanks for feedback. Hm, that routine of yours might be the better solution. I might not delete after every session, but if I do it regularly I won't need to remember it when adding or removing stuff :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg