Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst neighbor ever?

So, I want to play a little family who is really ruining the hood. They are supposed to be the worst kind in any way possible - perhaps more in actions than in looks, though. But when at it, I can't think of a lot of stuff that will make them *worst neighbor ever*.

The couple is Max Villareal and Lilith Pleasant. Lilith already had a child with someone else, just to point out that this family is different. Max did join the Criminal career. I just sent him out to be rude to random NPCs, but I need something more.

What actions are there to make a family bad? Please add activity for kids also, as the toddler will soon start school, and there is a new baby on the way.

What 's real bad actions?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    Toddlers have one a good one, make a mess. It has the added bonus of not needing you to queue it, they do it autonomously and they do it a lot. Get your family access to the neighbors place and send them over and let toddler run wild. Have the adults barge in and make themselves at home. If they have actions that allow them to break things, break stuff. Swiping stuff would work too.

I don’t have anything really creative, but neighbors like that would be a nightmare.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited September 2022
    1. visits your house uninvited at random times of the day no warning

as small kiddo i would make my way to visit my neighbors that had cute chinchilla and now that i think of it must have been awkward to find random kid in your house talking to your chinchilla

and yes i would very much hate it :lol:

2. plays loud music outdoors/ in apartment so everyone has to hear it

I used to live in this student housing once and my upstairs neighbors used to play macabre songs full volume at midnight

also my current neighbors sometimes ruin my lovely afternoon with awful electronic noise music duntsdunts

3. speaking of which construction noises etc is another one basically anything that makes lots of bothersome noise like people fighting babies crying stuff like that

4. having rage filled dog that is ready to attack you anytime you pass by the house, had one of those neighbors too before

5. trying to sue you for having pink flamingo on your own lawn or such nonsense they do in those fancy neighborhoods

6. not picking up after your dog... makes for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 neighbor relations

7. flying drones over your neighbors house or whatever nonsense like that

8. misfired fireworks are not nice surprise

9. actually fireworks in general i hate them

10. tbh building ugly modern house is all it takes to be hated in beautiful old neighborhood

11. causing fires, burning stuff ...often

12. just generally being very worrisome like carrying weapons while picking up your mail like um sir what is that for i am worried

13. littering. so much littering.

aand if you'd like to take occult route i don't think neighbors will enjoy being your vampires snack or target practice or constantly running into rampaging werewolves or whatnot

speaking of which dog points can indeed be replaced by werewolves

aand yeah just generally bothering people trying to just chill in their houses
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    They need to kick over your trash cans and steal your newspapers, just like in the Sims 2. Only thing about kicking over trash cans is that they need to be in an angry mood to do that.

How do I ruin a guest's house? Very simple: prank toilets and use sinks until they get dirty and break. Yes the game will let you do that. If they need to sleep, wake them up, and take over their beds. Also, you can be extremely rude to them and you can put them in a horrid mood that way.

Kids and toddlers? They both can make messes wherever they go wherever you please.

If they are occult, you can also have an easier time breaking things. For Spellcasters, Zipzap is a must, that can break most appliances.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Awesome, thanks! Some of those were a bit RL-ish, but still gave me a few ideas for my game. I will definitely give them a large dog with not so nice traits. And how could I forget about the "make mess" which is a nightmare even to their own parents. I was hoping for ideas not needing my sim(s) to visit the neighbor, but I guess the easiest way is to go to their neighbors' houses.

When my sim was walking past the decorative houses along the street, I wished he could stop to rob their mail boxes :) That would probably be more along the lines of a criminal, though, and not just a neighborhood annoyance.

Max and Lilith resides a flat at Grims Quarry, so the streets are already very trashy. A few more filthy objects at their gate won't really make much difference. But hey, they could redecorate their flat with only industrial stuff simply to annoy that ECO idiot of a neighbor? ;)
  • Options
    SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    I think the best thing you could do is create a Sim with the appropriate traits. If you select one of the "Deviance" aspirations when creating a Sim, you get the Dastardly trait (which is a Sim that is more successful at mean interactions), then select Mean, Evil, and then the last could be slob or maybe erratic. Then make more Sims to be part of your household that are similar to this, with different Deviance aspirations, where maybe the 3rd trait is negative but different (kleptomaniac, ect.) If you create a few Sims like this, you should end up with a family that the entire neighborhood will not like. Another thing you could do is move your trash can around and then knock it over. This will leave trash plants all over your lawn. Not sure if this will produce the desired effect but thinking it might. Aside from calling or visiting in the middle of the night, that's all I got.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    The dastardly reward aspiration also comes with interactions under mischief "Spread Vicious Rumor" (gives a strong angry moodlet), Subtly Debase (gives a very very strong 50+ sad moodlet), and "Plant Seeds of Doubt" (gives a strong tense moodlet iirc).

Fight your neighbors too. Fight them often. Win fights. Give them that dazed moodlet.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Well, I'm not familiar with reaching the top of any Aspiration. I never focused much on that in my game, but I do realize that there are some features I've missed.

Max Villareal has the Deviance aspiration (Public enemy), and among his traits is Evil.
    Lilith has the aspiration Deviance, too (Chief of mischief), with traits Kleptomaniac and Slob

So, I guess they will easily make quite annoying neighbors :) I just need to pay attention to their aspirations a bit more, I think.