Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with the Desert Luxe Kit on EA Desktop

kozardiikozardii Posts: 29 Member
I have the original game and I launch it from EA Desktop. I get the message on the game's main menu saying that I can claim the new Desert Luxe Kit for free. However, when I click on the button to actually claim the kit, nothing happens. And if I try to get it from the EA Desktop App, I have to pay for it?..

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I used Origin, but the payment screen did pop up, with a price of $0. Others mentioned that too.
    It might ring through as a charge of $0.
    I went to use Paypal, and where the Paypal payment screen would have popped up, it went back to Origin and showed that I own the content.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I used EA desktop and it worked fine for me.
    Are you running the latest OS and app updates?
  • Options
    kozardiikozardii Posts: 29 Member
    I used EA desktop and it worked fine for me.
    Are you running the latest OS and app updates?

Everything is updated, yes. :(
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,933 Member
    I think its about the payment method, if its up to date in the EA app or not. Following advice i got on another thread i logged onto the origin website (cause i uninstalled the origin app weeks ago) and clicked on the kit, i was then able to download it thru the EA app after, without putting in any payment info.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    DeeB424DeeB424 Posts: 35 Member
    edited October 2022
    I can't download it in Main menu as described on ea.com. It's not there to complete. I go into Kits and its says owned but no download. I've gone into game (multiple times) the kits items are not available not shown :( frustrated
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    DeeB424 wrote: »
    I can't download it in Main menu as described on ea.com. It's not there to complete. I go into Kits and its says owned but no download. I've gone into game (multiple times) the kits items are not available not shown :( frustrated

I would contact EA and explain your problem to them.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @DeeB424 Did you try clicking on "My Collection" on the left side of the app? I was looking for games I own that weren't installed and found them there.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @DeeB424 I forgot to mention, the first row shows installed games. I needed to scroll down in My Collections to find the uninstalled. All my purchased games were there.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I could not figure this out myself, but I still have Origin installed so I used that to get the kit then went back to playing through the EA app and it showed that I owned the kit.