Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I find the "invisible" blockage? (photo)

This just started, and I'm trying to figure out how to fix this area. In the photo, I am trying to place a small trash can to show the area. I already have on buydebug cheat to see if there is something there that would show up, but nothing. I also moved the ceiling light so it is not over the area either. I had to move the fridge because the sims could not get anything from it. Any ideas on how to find and remove whatever is causing this?

304848839_2250973718386244_1216483368371759815_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=56YUf8HXYtkAX_EIxy9&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=00_AT9z0fSvhX5WtYgCu8tQ7akq1c_pO9SPQBmV_CI_GRI8Cw&oe=631C83FA

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited September 2022
    From my experience it's either of two things. It could be a social jig that didn't delete itself when no longer needed, or it could be a piece of food.

The social jig sometimes shows up when you go into BuyDebug, but not always.

The food will be buried under the floor. It's slightly below the surface and that's why it can't be seen but it reserves that tile.

If you think it's a jig and you've got NRAAS Master Controller then click on the ground and choose NRaas | Master Controller | Object Stats | Not Inventory

Then click on the jig and confirm flush. The jig will have jig in its name.

I have made a video to show one method of getting rid of the food problem. If this is the problem, you will see a small fuzzy round shadow in the centre of the tile.

https://youtu.be/0gsTdw-NF6U
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have a feeling it might be food then, this is inside an apartment in the kitchen.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I have a feeling it might be food then, this is inside an apartment in the kitchen.

It could be either. If sims have been standing talking or otherwise interacting in front of the fridge and got interrupted they could have left a jig there. But it could also be food. I've seen a room with food scattered over the floor and it had a few routing errors until I managed to dig it all up and delete it. It usually looks like an apple.