Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update + Highschool years = is it working ?

Those who purchased the pack and started playing... how did it go so far ? Are there glitches that prevent you from saving (aging up/deformation/sudden celebrity status etc...) ? Is the gameplay working ?

Comments

• Options
    TastyO818TastyO818 Posts: 14 New Member
    Prom and Graduation aren't showing up my calendar..
  • Options
    mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    What time did you get your download? I'm in the Midwest, and thought something would happen between 1- 2PM.
  • Options
    wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    Seems to be ok at the moment, although Prom didn't happen. I got an invite to travel to someones house for a pre-prom get together, I did. Prom was meant to start at 7pm, no prompt to go, so I travelled to the auditorium which was empty....Looked at the calendar and the event had disappeared?!
    Will see if it works without going to the pre-prom party!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,415 Member
    The travel bug ruins it for me, I will focus on building until the big issues get fixed.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited July 2022
    Didn’t do that much yet as I just bought it and it’s early morning where I live, but I spent huge amount of time dressing my sim’s wife in the new outfits and hair. Then I moved their household from Moonwood to Copperdale and spent another few hours finishing their house. As much as we are all complaining about bugs in the new update, it did make the getting out of build mode on PS4 much smoother, at least for me. Also I noticed that lag rarely happens with this new update. Too bad it also gave those pesky bugs. And as I said it’s for PS4, PC players may have different experience.

Nice that adults can have pillow fights as well. Nobody aged up, no major problems so far. I did notice prom wasn’t on the calendar but I thought it’s because I have no teen in the house, only one child. It’s possible that was a bug. I did have football and cheerleading events available.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,002 Member
    The travel bug ruins it for me, I will focus on building until the big issues get fixed.

What is the travel bug?
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    For me the update bugs are travel and random global superstars. The pack is so buggy it's unplayable for me. The biggest issues I've seen (and have myself) is that there's no text with button prompts, no text with teen aspirations (literally it has nothing but an icon no description no goals) and bb being labeled as debug for the hsy new items.

Every prompt related to the pack is unplayable because there's no text. So there are new funny interactions, as example, but the button is just white. So you don't know what that interaction will do... at all. Everything is missing its description
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    For me the update bugs are travel and random global superstars. The pack is so buggy it's unplayable for me. The biggest issues I've seen (and have myself) is that there's no text with button prompts, no text with teen aspirations (literally it has nothing but an icon no description no goals) and bb being labeled as debug for the hsy new items.

Every prompt related to the pack is unplayable because there's no text. So there are new funny interactions, as example, but the button is just white. So you don't know what that interaction will do... at all. Everything is missing its description

i had to global supetstar bug when i updated my game yesterday lol... so i'm gonna trust your game and not buy the pack. thank you for your review
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited July 2022
    wahini2024 wrote: »

Have you tried to move your The Sims 4 folder out of your "My Documents" like someplace on your desktop, start the game, and let the game generate a new folder?

If everything works, then just move your saves, tray, mods, and anything else important back into that newly generated folder.
  • Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    edited July 2022
    The only thing that isn‘t working for me is the bobba tea bar. I can‘t click on it. Other than that I haven‘t experienced any bugs.
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Options
    christyruinchristyruin Posts: 65 Member
    I can't travel or eat. My Sims just reset every time I try. It only works if I take out all CC. I dont even have any gameplay mods, just CC. This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    I can't travel or eat. My Sims just reset every time I try. It only works if I take out all CC. I dont even have any gameplay mods, just CC. This is ridiculous.

Same here, anytime i ask them to eat they just reset everytime. Never had my game be so buggy like this before :(
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member

If you don't get the "bug" when you remove your cc, it's not a bug; it's a cc issue. There's a lot of information in the custom content/mods section of the forum on how to track down which piece or pieces might be causing it.
  • Options
    DerekanthonyDerekanthony Posts: 8 New Member
    it is mostly working for me, but the most annoying bugs i found, are i get a warning saying the game is not save-able when you exit, and i tried to demolish the high school and rebuild it, i get a warning on a few tiles that say you cannot build here even though there is nothing there
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    I'm having a great time with the new pack but I also turned off aging and set life span to normal. The travel bug is still there but your sim can just invite others after traveling.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

Do you have CC beds? Those are really broken right now. Some have been fixed and a batch fix is coming. Check the broken mods thread to find out more.
  • Options
    love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2022
    Was going good for 2 days! Now nothing is loading. I can get to the home landing screen and click on load save, then nothing, its in a never ending loading cycle! I have no mods or CC!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,541 Member
    Mine is working quite well.
    Perhaps repairing the game and generating a new Sims 4 folder, and then transferring my Saves, Tray files, Screenshots, and CC from the old Sims 4 folder helped.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    @CK213 yeah I always do the same
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I play with aging off so I have had no kind of issue with the aging bug at all. The celebrity thing I only seen when in del sol valley anywhere else I have not seen any celebrities other mine and premades. Thus far, I haven't been having any sort of issues.

Can travel to place to place fine and been going to schedule events on the calendar. Been having a good time with the pack. :3
    5vJrxmT.png