Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life Hardships!. . .unlikely but just a thought.

DollhouseCompanyDollhouseCompany Posts: 35 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I think one of the most key things that sims 4 is missing is hardships. Its very unlikely that most of these things will ever be brought to the game since the sims stays on the lighter side of things historically. But since i feel like writing about it , here goes. Heres some different situations that would make sims lives more dynamic, interesting and challenging on a daily basis. Some people will like these ideas and other will find them too dark.

Mental health - long lasting episodes of Depression and anxiety, the addition of medication to manage mood disorders and other mental health disorders. Or therapy.

Falling sick + Health- Chronic illnesses, that are life threatening. Addition of hospitals bills and hospital stays OR taking care of an ill relative.
Updated :smile: Injuries!!! - Broken bones, sprained ankles, casts. And then being healed.

Financial - Being evicted. Credit cards, debt. Loans. Mortgages . Return of the repo system. Having possessions taken if you havent paid bills. Homelessness.

Behavioral - Drug addiction, criminal activities , being arrested and jailed. Sims that are arrested have to post bail to be released sometimes.

Other - Natural disasters .

Aging - Canes, Walkers, Health complications , Needing at home assistance or requiring a rest home.

Extra: No more free clothes, sims have to buy clothes and shoes , etc. Just like they did in Sims 2. TOO many things are free in sims 4.

Post edited by DollhouseCompany on

Comments

• Options
    If cars become a thing in a future expansion, having car accidents occasionally would also work. And of course repo's.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    A slum? Sewer tunnels where criminals linger? Economic changes? Return of cops and bandits? And outfit wear and tear. Band aids- I mean, werewolves rip you apart. Bank robberies- what happens if you suddenly lose a whole bunch of money, can you still afford life where you're at? Sudden occult attacks in the town. Vandalism- spray paint, breaking things, etc. Enemy Sims actually are out to get you. Let evil Sims actually be evil.

But why would EA do this? Why, if we have a lot of chaos, it paves the way for... superheroes!!! And the villains, as well... Not every super is good, after all.

Sicknesses would also be good for a challenge- can you afford a few days off work? Maybe have a vampire think twice on feasting on a Sim, if they are possibly sick- or keep the mermaid in warm water when ill. Maybe the spell Caster has a curing spell or potion. Which is affordable- losing a week at work, or buying expensive medications?

Homeless- where to get food/water? What to use for shelter? Lots of interesting concepts you can have here.
  • Options
    A slum? Sewer tunnels where criminals linger? Economic changes? Return of cops and bandits? And outfit wear and tear. Band aids- I mean, werewolves rip you apart. Bank robberies- what happens if you suddenly lose a whole bunch of money, can you still afford life where you're at? Sudden occult attacks in the town. Vandalism- spray paint, breaking things, etc. Enemy Sims actually are out to get you. Let evil Sims actually be evil.

But why would EA do this? Why, if we have a lot of chaos, it paves the way for... superheroes!!! And the villains, as well... Not every super is good, after all.

Sicknesses would also be good for a challenge- can you afford a few days off work? Maybe have a vampire think twice on feasting on a Sim, if they are possibly sick- or keep the mermaid in warm water when ill. Maybe the spell Caster has a curing spell or potion. Which is affordable- losing a week at work, or buying expensive medications?

Homeless- where to get food/water? What to use for shelter? Lots of interesting concepts you can have here.

Bank robberies would be a blast!! We do need a criminal activity + superhero pack?! I remember earlier in a survey they mentioned it. But , i hope the good guys would have a hard time winning. Lol.

Also love vandalism! Sims could be caught doing that! Or catch other sims vandalizing and report them.

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I would actually not mind being the super Villain. Is there truly a way to take over a world...? But what about being framed for something? Or hacking a computer having you run the risk of getting caught?

Also, no more food automatically showing up in the fruidge. The challenge? Suppose a certain type of food gets recalled. Can you still make meals until the issue is resolved? Or add sicknesses to plants. Can you afford the protection for said plants, or must you run the risk of having bad crops?

A smaller set of challenges.

Pets: a dog randomly chases something and gets lost- and you have to find it. Your cat hides somewhere and has kittens- where are the fur balls? A raccoon got in the house, and got spooked- now it's on top of the fridge! How to get it down?

Bigger challenges:

Occult skirmishes. Crime rates rise and drop randomly, affecting good and evil Sims. Plague: can you stay healthy and safe? Martial arts: test your hooks and kicks to see who's the best, and know that you can defend yourself. Add bodyguards. Engage in political parties in the Sim world. As leader, you must decide what is best for your world... or get impeached for failure. And what do you do if something suddenly happens while you're in power? Do you have what it takes, or do you have to step down?

Kinda having fun with this topic. I wonder what else people come up with?