Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BB's Build a City Challenge

This challenge is my own version of BACC (Build a City Challenge), although it doesn’t change the mold a lot, I wanted to create one I would think was fun!
For those that don’t know what BACC is, it’s a challenge where you evict and bulldoze every household and lot, then start from scratch with only one world unlocked, no public venues yet, and with randomized households!
I’m sure many of us have tried this in the past, I for certain have, but I could just never really stick to it without proper guidelines, so I made some myself!

Beware, there’s a lot of rules in this one, but all for the fun of it!

CREATING YOUR HOUSEHOLDS:
  • Randomize a number between 1-5, the result will be the amount of founding households you will start off with.
  • For each household, randomize a number between 1-8, the result will be the amount of Sims in the household.
  • The first Sim in each household must be young adult or adult, the rest must be randomized with a number between 1-6. (1 - Toddler, 2 - Child, 3 - Teen, 4 - Young Adult, 5 - Adult, 6 - Elder.)
  • For each household member, randomize a number between 1-2 for their assigned gender at birth. (1 - Male, 2 - Female.) (You are allowed to use any pronouns you want for the Sims no matter their gender).
  • Randomize Traits and choose an Aspiration based on the traits.
  • You are allowed to use the gallery when creating a Sim, as long as the Sim follows the randomized numbers, and you must still randomize the traits, too.
  • Pets are allowed as well, as long as you still randomize their traits.

RULES:
- Basics:
  • No using cheats or mods that makes the challenge easier.
  • Your starting funds are non-negotiable.
  • You are not allowed to travel outside of your home world before other worlds have been unlocked, with the exception of destination worlds. More below.
  • You unlock other worlds by completely filling up every neighborhood.
  • Magnolia Promenade is retail/restaurants exclusive and is unlocked from the start of the challenge.
  • Britechester is unlocked from the start of the challenge for the sake of attending university, but you are not allowed to build there yet, except for university housing, more below in “World Building” rules.
  • When you unlock a new world, you may start fresh with randomizing the number of founding households as seen in the “CREATING YOUR HOUSEHOLDS” section.
  • Having a job is not required but definitely recommended to ensure you can build community lots. More in “World Building”.
  • There are no requirements for spouses; they can be from any other available household, or a townie.
  • You must play each available household for 7 days at a time, and in the same order every time.
  • When you create a new household, they will be moved to the front of the order.
  • When you unlock a new world, it is entirely up to you if you want to keep playing the previous households or not.
  • There are no requirements for how many households you have per world, with the founding households being the only exceptions for as long as they live.
  • You may not merge together households by any other means than marriage or the friendly interaction “ask to join household.”
  • Lifespan lengths are entirely up to yourself.
  • Whether or not you have Neighborhood Stories on or off is entirely up to yourself.
  • Disable “Fill Empty Homes”.
  • You are free to use occult Sims as you wish.

- World Building
(This is where it gets long, but I promise it's worth it.)
  • Choose any world you wish to play in.
  • Evict and bulldoze every single lot in every world available.
  • You can choose any lot for any family to live on, this will be their permanent place of residence, with the exception being when the kids grow up to young adults and move out.
  • You may not build any public venues until certain criterias have been met, and then only with city funds. More below.
  • City funds are earned through your households paying their bills, so keep good track of it.
  • To build a park (with city funds) you must reach rank 10 of the botanist branch in the gardener career.
  • To build a bar (with city funds) you must reach rank 10 of the mixologist branch of the culinary career.
  • To build a lounge (with city funds) you must reach rank 10 of the musician branch in the entertainment career.
  • To build a gym (with city funds) you must reach rank 10 of either of the branches in the athlete career.
  • To build a library (with city funds) you must reach rank 10 of the author branch in the writer career.
  • To build a museum (with city funds) you must reach rank 10 of either of the branches in the painter career.
  • To build a nightclub (with city funds) you must complete the Party Animal aspiration.
  • To build a pool (with city funds) you must complete the Bodybuilder aspiration.
  • To build a rental (with city funds) you will simply only need the funds for it, no special criteria.
  • To build a wedding venue (with city funds) you must have two sims become engaged.
  • To build a retail lot/vet clinic, your household must have the private funds to buy a lot and build on it.
  • To build a spa (with city funds) you must complete one of the Wellness aspirations. Any one will do.
  • To build a café (with city funds) you will simply only need the funds for it, no special criteria.
  • To build an arts center (with city funds) you must reach rank 10 of the art critic branch in the critic career.
  • To build a restaurant (with city funds) you must reach rank 10 of the food critic branch in the critic career.
  • To build a restaurant (without city funds) you must reach rank 10 of the management branch in the business career, and also have the private funds to buy a lot and build on it.
  • To build a karaoke bar (with city funds) you must reach max level in the singing skill.
  • To build a beach (with city funds) you must reach rank 10 of either branch in the conservationist career.
  • To build Foxbury/UBrite commons (with city funds) you will simply only need the funds for it, no special criteria.
  • To build university housing (with city funds) you must be enrolled and living in the housing complex of your choosing.
  • To build community spaces (with city funds) you must reach rank 10 of the civic planner branch of the civil designer career.
  • To build an onsen bath house (with city funds) you must be residing in Mt. Komorebi and can only build it in that world.
  • To build on any career lot (with city funds) you must work there at any rank, and have the necessary funds.
  • To earn more households in your chosen world, you must either fulfil an aspiration (not counting children’s), reach rank 10 in any career, or have your current household’s kids grow up and move out.
  • If you create a new household, please refer to the “CREATING YOUR HOUSEHOLDS” section above.
  • When the kids move out they’re not allowed to take all of the money from their parents, but only about 30%, yet no less than 20k.
  • To change the attire of townies you must reach the stylist branch of the style influencer career. You may not change their physical proportions at all, except for hair, beards, and eyebrows.
  • When placing buildings, you are allowed to use the gallery, as long as it is within your budget.

This challenge will be adjusted by the release of the High School Years EP.

Below you will find an example of my randomized start to the challenge:
I chose Willow Creek as my starting world, because I enjoy doing things in order of the way they’re listed on the overview.
For my founding households, I rolled a 3 on https://numbergenerator.org/randomnumbergenerator, which means I’ll be starting with three households.
For the first household I rolled a 2 out of 8, and after adding the required adult, rolled for a teenager, then rolled for female and male.
For the second household I rolled a 6 out of 8, and after adding the required adult, rolled for 1 child, 1 teenager, and 3 elders, then rolled for 1 male and 5 females.
For the third household I rolled another 2 out of 8, and after adding the required adult, rolled for a teenager again, and then rolled for 2 females.

I also randomized numbers 1-26 for the first letter of their names for fun, but this isn’t a requirement in the challenge.
I will keep you all updated on my progress in this thread, and feel free to do the same if you decide to take up the challenge! Or make your own thread for it! It’s all up to you.
Therefore, my final edit of the founding households looks like this:
  • Willow Creek
  • 3 Families
  • Family 1:
  • 2 Sims, 1 Adult and 1 Teen.
  • Female, Jordan Crawford
  • Male, Xavier Crawford
  • Family 2:
  • 6 Sims, 1 Adult, 1 Child, 1 Teen and 3 Elders.
  • Male, Ulysses Johnson
  • Female, Dagmar Johnson
  • Female, Ulrica Johnson
  • Female, Quincy H. Johnson
  • Female, Fannie H. Johnson
  • Female, Hydrangea Johnson
  • Family 3:
  • 2 Sims, 1 Adult and 1 Teen.
  • Female, Viera S. Gibson
  • Female, Louisa S. Gibson
  • City Funds: 0

Comments

• Options
    dbrh79dbrh79 Posts: 9 New Member
    Try this one I created and am playing atm

**The Start from Nothing Challenge**

You start with a basic cheap house, with an end goal of having completed the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration AND have $100,000 AND have a 100 tile house.

The rules:
    No cheats EXCEPT the money cheat to set money to zero once you've built your micro house.

To start:
    Create a sim, any gender, any traits, but aspiration MUST be the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration
    Create a 20 tile home on an empty lot.

Buy the CHEAPEST items below and only these 8 items:
    Single bed,
    Shower,
    Toilet,
    Fridge,
    Stove,
    Fire alarm,
    Counter and sink,
    Armchair

Then use the cheat to set money to zero.

Now your sim is out in the world and needs to make their money any way they can, working their way up to a better life. You can start improving the house and buying better furniture once you can afford it.

Win criteria:
    1) Complete the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration
    2) AND have $100,000
    3) AND have a 100 tile house.

#Sims4challenge #Sims4startfromnothingchallenge
  • Options
    writtenShipperwrittenShipper Posts: 91 Member
    Really nifty challenge! I was working on something similar, but that one is... massive and probably way too much to deal with.

Only real change I made (for my own amusement) was adding another bit of randomization for Occult. I ended up with uh... a bit too many vampires in my opinion... so I'll be tweaking that when I bring in my next household. ^^"
    (Deven and Claire weren't rolled to be vampires - they're Terri's kids. CAS genetics said they're vampires.)

I think the only thing I'll make as like a 'permanent rule change' is allowing a Teen to change their Aspiration if their YA trait conflict with it somehow. Like if Leslie (Creative and a Snob) rolls to have Lazy as their YA trait, I might change their Aspiration to be Mansion Baron instead of job related.

My starting parameters:
    Family One:
    Rohan Dodd (He/Him, Vampire, Lactose Intolerant, Music Lover, Hates Children) - Musical Genius

Family Two:
    Duke Winn (He/Him, Sim, Goofball, Lactose Intolerant, Mean) - Chief of Mischief
    Terri Winn (She/Her, Vampire, Cat Lover, Recycle Disciple, Cheerful) - Eco Innovator
    Deborah Finn (She/Her, Sim, Geek, Loner, Goofball) - Computer Whiz
    Deven Winn (He/Him, Vampire, Yogi, Snob) - Zen Guru
    Leslie Winn (They/Them, Sim, Creative, Snob) - Opinionated
    Claire Winn (She/Her, Vampire, Independent)
  • Options
    writtenShipperwrittenShipper Posts: 91 Member
    Weird update for Family Two: for some reason, Deven Winn was not noted as a child of Rohan and Terri. So instead of fixing it... I just kinda... deleted him. Maybe if he wasn't a vampire I would've fixed the family tree, but... one less vampire to try feeding in a world that has more vampires than Sims? I'll take it.