Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Subjects?!

lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
Okay, so I assumed we would have some form of this because it’s an active school but I’m theorizing on how this is going to play out. All of the things mention in the other pics I believe were shown in the trailer and would feature in game so I am assuming these are all the subjects we are able to select as well.

I believe it’s going to be a lot like the university classes where we can pick the subjects for each semester but instead of rabbit hole we get to go to the classes (art classes will contain painting, science will have something to do with the new telescope and maybe research table, computer science is obviously computers maybe programming, simlish- charisma). I am really excited to see Foreign Languages!

How do y’all think that these subjects are going to be played in an active classroom and how do you think social studies and some of these other ones listed will be done? Do you think we can choose different subjects like the university setup? Do you think these subjects won’t be in it and I am reading too much into it?
Edited for spelling
bteqysdugtzl.jpeg

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I really hope our teens will be able to take a variety of courses and we get to select which ones. I'm really tired of 'do homework'. I want the option to do math homework, or do history homework.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    While I don't see them doing a class for business as that is more of a college course, I do see them possibly have classes for math and all that, Maybe similar to DU where you can pick the classes you want to take and the homework would based off that. Though this time the classes are more interactive.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Did they confirm there will be subjects? I am really hoping for practical stuff like art, science, PE, cookery, woodwork.

I have a dreadful feeling all we are going to get is a classroom of teens sat at desks in front of a whiteboard with a teacher doing some interactions.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I’d love a geography class. I’d like to know more about SimNation!
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    Did they confirm there will be subjects? I am really hoping for practical stuff like art, science, PE, cookery, woodwork.

I have a dreadful feeling all we are going to get is a classroom of teens sat at desks in front of a whiteboard with a teacher doing some interactions.

They didn’t confirm subjects but they posted this along with the other two (room essentials and lunch time). Both of these had items that have been shown or discussed that will be coming in the new pack (chair hammock, bubble tea) as well as some things we already have. I would assume that subjects would be part of this gameplay. I could be so completely wrong and just reading into it way too much.

• Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    We need subjects! For different classrooms, for a variety of class animation, otherwise, the non-rabbithole high school is a cage.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    :D I just realized this in simgirl1010 thread.
    Teens are required to level up skills in the base game for high school, so this seems like fleshing that out and perhaps setting up students for University.

If not, then it's a missed opportunity.
    Currently you have to look up University degree requirements in a guide to decide what skills your high school sim should level in prep for uni.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds