Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They said if your werewolf used Lunar Howl they may never be the same again

I thought they were just talking about the change in temperaments. I'm not sure what happened but my werewolf Ava no longer has the ability to change back to her human form. Like there is no transform or return to normal buttons. Gone. Poof. Into thin air.
vaqu7Rb.png?1

The fact that the button has completely disappeared, not just been greyed out, makes me think this isn't temporary. Is it a side effect of the howl or is it connected to one of the 3 new temperaments? She got Anti-Capitalist Canine, Mark Of The Forest, and Survival Instinct. Surely this has nothing to do with those.

A quick google search brought up something that suggests using the lunar howl may permanently lock them in their wolf form. If that's true would doing lunar howl again reverse it? Or is she doomed? I'm sitting here on pause, I don't want to save if she's doomed and can never, ever change back, but I don't want to just exit and lose 2 hours of game play. If this is what I think it is, oh momma, they weren't kidding when they said your werewolf may never be the same again.

Help?

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I don't have a solution, but I would do a Save_As for now.

I have a werewolf that was stuck in wolf form after I changed his clothes in CAS. He reverted back to human form after the next rampage, so maybe try getting your were's fury up in the save_as, let her rampage and see if that repairs her?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    I'm getting a funny feeling this wasn't an accident and that it is a random chance card that can pop up when you do the Lunar Howl, or it was triggered by that and what I did next. After the howl, and her temperaments reset, she went into a rampage. When she did that, I instantly hit regain control, she went through the process of regaining control and ending the rampage, she transformed back into her human form and then immediately went through the transformation back into her wolf form again. At that point I went to change her back to human and that's when I noticed the return to normal button was gone completely, not even a trace of it.

I'm not sure if it's the Lunar Howl alone or the fact that I combined it with regain control so close together. I'm going to do the save and see what happens. At the very least it's a great reminder to hit save before you mess with something like this.😲
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    That's sort of interesting, not the best for your Ava but for the story of someone else they may turn on their humanity altogether.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I have used Lunar Howl on 3 sims and it just changed their temperaments and put them in rampage mode. Glitch perhaps?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I went back and tried it all again, repeated the steps, and the effect didn't repeat. It's a random chance card or maybe a glitch, but my woman's intuition is telling me this wasn't a glitch. I really feel like this is something that can happen to anybody at any time. They didn't say it could happen in the description but they did strongly hint at it. That last sentence: "Be warned, she may never be the same again", has a certain foreboding to it.

All I can say is be very careful, and save before you use it. On the plus side, I'm headed over to the what happened in your game today thread to show off the hilarity that occurred while Ava was retrying her howl. Lou, Evie, and Ava all were in top form.

• Options
    duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    Oh man, that's wild, I was wondering about the description of the Lunar Howl as well since it mentions maybe never being the same again, however my werewolf sim has used it a couple of times without anything seeming to change aside from her temperaments. I'm really curious if what you're experiencing is what the description was referring to or if it's a glitch of some kind... it does seem kinda suspect like you said. Either way, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully if it isn't a glitch there's some kind of way to reverse the effects since the message is so cryptic. 🤔
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • Options
    duriankind wrote: »
    Oh man, that's wild, I was wondering about the description of the Lunar Howl as well since it mentions maybe never being the same again, however my werewolf sim has used it a couple of times without anything seeming to change aside from her temperaments. I'm really curious if what you're experiencing is what the description was referring to or if it's a glitch of some kind... it does seem kinda suspect like you said. Either way, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully if it isn't a glitch there's some kind of way to reverse the effects since the message is so cryptic. 🤔

I'm going to stick with the save where it all went wrong and play through another 2 or 3 sim days and see if she regains that ability to switch forms. If not and nothing else weird happens I'm going to assume it wasn't a glitch and this really is a risk we take when we use it.
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Well it may have thrown a spanner in the wheel, but it's a good way to spice up your story. Your sim Ava is afflicted just like Greg. She can maybe try to help him back to humanity as she tries to find her own way back.

But just a thought, what happens if you lunar howl the next evening? You can do this once a night, right? Also, if all else fails drink the cure.
  • Options
    Well it may have thrown a spanner in the wheel, but it's a good way to spice up your story. Your sim Ava is afflicted just like Greg. She can maybe try to help him back to humanity as she tries to find her own way back.

But just a thought, what happens if you lunar howl the next evening? You can do this once a night, right? Also, if all else fails drink the cure.

I'm curious about that too. I'm going to find after I get some sleep myself. At the moment I'm really unsure what direction this is going in story wise. I might roll back to the previous save or find a new path forward. I had no idea this could possibly be a side effect of the lunar howl. Talk about plot twists, this is a doozy.
  • Options
    I forgot to add my sincere thanks to you @EnkiSchmidt. Your suggestion to save as led to my retrying that howl and the truly hysterical events that followed. I haven't laughed that hard or for that long in awhile and I feel so good for having those laughs. I hit pause at exactly the right moment to catch lightning in a jar. Check it out in the what happened in your game, non-serial thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Whatever happened to Ava was nothing to do with Lunar Howl per se. I was waiting for nightfall to try the howl again and she went into a rampage. I hit regain control, it worked and she came out of it her human self again. When this all started, right before she did the howl, her fury was as close to maxed out as it's possible to be without triggering a rampage. After the first howl I had her try regain control, and she did, but then she did the quick change from wolf to human back to wolf. Afterward her fury was still maxed out but not enough for a rampage, the regain control didn't clear her fury like it's supposed to. This time when she started rampaging and I did regain control it cleared her fury like it should and she returned to her human form.

So, what we apparently have is a glitch, and you shouldn't do the lunar howl while you're werewolf has their fury nearly maxed. They won't be permanently stuck like I thought was happening, but they will have to wait for another rampage to occur, then do the regain control again to clear everything and restore the ability to swap forms at will.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I had the same thing happen to Rory. The option to change into her human form doesnt appear at all. I think its a bug.
  • Options
    @kostasmpi Was her fury high enough to where it could trigger a rampage at any moment? I'm beginning to think in Ava's case it was a timing issue bug.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I didn't think about this last night but I am now. We know doing the lunar howl will trigger a rampage. In Ava's case she was very near a rampage already before she did the howl. So when she did the howl and I did the regain control it only canceled the rampage trigger by the howl. That whole experience then partially triggered the fury fueled rampage, enough to put her into her wolf form and take away some functions, but not enough to have her completely lose control. Once she finally got to that point and started a proper rampage then I could do another regain control and snap her out of that loop she was stuck in.

So yeah, it seems like it's not a good idea to do the lunar howl when they're near a fury fueled rampage. Get their fury level down first then, and only then, do the howl.
  • Options
    Kbobs666Kbobs666 Posts: 1 New Member
    Weird the exact same thing happened to my sim, high fury level before and everything! Must be a weird glitch, unless they intended for that to be part of the lore.
  • Options
    Kbobs666 wrote: »
    Weird the exact same thing happened to my sim, high fury level before and everything! Must be a weird glitch, unless they intended for that to be part of the lore.

Welcome to the forums.

It feels like a glitch. The best, and easiest, work around right now is don't use the lunar howl if your werewolf has a high level of fury. I've used it a couple of times since with little or no fury built up and haven't had a problem.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member

I'm curious about that too. I'm going to find after I get some sleep myself. At the moment I'm really unsure what direction this is going in story wise. I might roll back to the previous save or find a new path forward. I had no idea this could possibly be a side effect of the lunar howl. Talk about plot twists, this is a doozy.

Why don't you do a save as and try both ways.
  • Options
    @Behappy1st I did, and it appears it's a glitch where if their fury level is really high when you do the lunar howl they temporarily lose the ability to switch back to human. It cleared the next time she went on a rampage and I clicked on try to regain control. If you see that your werewolf has the angry moodlet for The Beast Beckons, don't do the lunar howl. I tried several times now with lower fury levels and it hasn't repeated.
  • Options
    elaliresfelaliresf Posts: 2 New Member
    I came here to reverse the lumbar howl like u and I think I found a solution? if u have mcc commands u should click on you sim and then click on mc cheats, occults cheats, werewolf cheats, and then click on "try to regain control" but I think it will only work if u have the try regain control werewolf ability. anyways I'm not sure 100% that it works but my sim returned back to its human form so it's worth a shot
  • Options
    elaliresfelaliresf Posts: 2 New Member
    > @DaniRose2143 said:
    > @Behappy1st I did, and it appears it's a glitch where if their fury level is really high when you do the lunar howl they temporarily lose the ability to switch back to human. It cleared the next time she went on a rampage and I clicked on try to regain control. If you see that your werewolf has the angry moodlet for The Beast Beckons, don't do the lunar howl. I tried several times now with lower fury levels and it hasn't repeated.

dd> @DaniRose2143 said:
    > I thought they were just talking about the change in temperaments. I'm not sure what happened but my werewolf Ava no longer has the ability to change back to her human form. Like there is no transform or return to normal buttons. Gone. Poof. Into thin air.
    >
    >
    >
    > The fact that the button has completely disappeared, not just been greyed out, makes me think this isn't temporary. Is it a side effect of the howl or is it connected to one of the 3 new temperaments? She got Anti-Capitalist Canine, Mark Of The Forest, and Survival Instinct. Surely this has nothing to do with those.
    >
    > A quick google search brought up something that suggests using the lunar howl may permanently lock them in their wolf form. If that's true would doing lunar howl again reverse it? Or is she doomed? I'm sitting here on pause, I don't want to save if she's doomed and can never, ever change back, but I don't want to just exit and lose 2 hours of game play. If this is what I think it is, oh momma, they weren't kidding when they said your werewolf may never be the same again.
    >
    > Help?

I know I'm late in like 8 months but u could use it for the future.

I came here to reverse the lumbar howl like u and I think I found a solution? if u have mcc commands u should click on your sim and then click on mc cheats, occults cheats, werewolf cheats, and then click on "try to regain control" but I think it will only work if u have the try regain control werewolf ability. anyways I'm not sure 100% that it works but my sim returned back to its human form so it's worth a shot
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I thought they were just talking about the change in temperaments. I'm not sure what happened but my werewolf Ava no longer has the ability to change back to her human form. Like there is no transform or return to normal buttons. Gone. Poof. Into thin air.
    vaqu7Rb.png?1

The fact that the button has completely disappeared, not just been greyed out, makes me think this isn't temporary. Is it a side effect of the howl or is it connected to one of the 3 new temperaments? She got Anti-Capitalist Canine, Mark Of The Forest, and Survival Instinct. Surely this has nothing to do with those.

A quick google search brought up something that suggests using the lunar howl may permanently lock them in their wolf form. If that's true would doing lunar howl again reverse it? Or is she doomed? I'm sitting here on pause, I don't want to save if she's doomed and can never, ever change back, but I don't want to just exit and lose 2 hours of game play. If this is what I think it is, oh momma, they weren't kidding when they said your werewolf may never be the same again.

Help?

Can you roll back a save? I do a Save As for each and every gaming session, so I can go back and recover save if need be. I think you just had one of those moments where experimenting got your Sim into some hot water. I'm so sorry this happened to you and your Sim. I hope you can go back to an earlier save and go forward from there.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @elaliresf @GalacticGal That problem ended up sorting itself out when she had her next rampage and it's never popped again. I guess it was just one of those one-in-a-million coincidences.😁
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 716 Member
    I have left points unused because I am afraid to try this and some of the others. This is the one that I am most afraid to try. I am never sure what is glitches and bugs and what is purposeful, but I am sometimes quite unhappy with what happens in the game. For now, I will just not spend points rather than try this.