Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Mundane Things" GP concept, for all the ones who wants more realism

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,115 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Like Laundry Day and Bust the Dust, this time, a GP instead a SP or Kit based in mundane things from real life.

EA sell to us dirty clothes and dust in the past, why not more chores? Also, for people who wants less realism in the game, this could be completly optional in all senses.

No new world, but if the next GPs world will have 5 lots, I prefeer no one.

New items and gameplay:
  • Lawn mowing with new lawn mowers and weed growing gameplay. Each lawn mower (3 in total) could be upgraded. Mowed grass can be used as well in a new composting bin, to compost leaves and other organic items and select the desired fertilizer depending of the installed pack.
  • Swimming pool cleaning gameplay with new leaf nets and underwater filter (with upgrades). Sims could refue to swim in a dirty water pool. Also, sims can catch frogs in the pool edges.
  • Woodchopping gameplay for off the grid appliances that needs wood or coal, including new shed, axe and stump. Each off the grid appliance could require certain ammount of wood to work. Two sheds, two axes and two stumps.
  • Drainpipes and roof gutters tool (not decoration), including new water leak from roof gameplay if Sims don't clean the drainpipe. Three variations: aluminium like Get Together, plastic PVC and old fashoned forged metal.
  • Water heaters, including new gameplay to regulate water heat and pressure for plumbing and appliances, triggering new interactions and moodlets. Three water meters: tankless wall mounted, tanked wall mounted, large basement one.
  • Aquariums, including interactable aquariums (feed, clean, replace) and at least six new square/rectangle small ones with upgrades like filter, auto feeder and internal thermostat. Bowl aquarium could require manual care.

All the new gameplay listed above can be deactivated in options menu.

BG updates:
  • Drainpipes and roof gutter tool. BG variation could be the same from Get Together, aluminium, but now as a tool with gameplay instead a wall or roof decorative thing.
  • Aquariums update for small aquariums only like Cats & Dogs or Snowy Day ones. A new box shapped aquarium could be included.
  • Laundry gameplay option in Packs Options for Laundry Day owners.

Delivery Express: utilities stuff
  • Water meter in two variations: concrete shed, wall mounted and exposed ground one
  • Gas meter in two variations: ground feeded and wall mounted
  • Electricity meter in three variations: ground feeded, ceiling feeded and wall mounted
  • Roof antennas: parabolic antenna (similar to StrangerVille one) and ham radio antenna
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'd hope Aquariums would be their own separate thing because I do want more for them, but the rest I am more than happy to avoid.
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I'd hope Aquariums would be their own separate thing because I do want more for them, but the rest I am more than happy to avoid.

Like me with Werewolves pack. I don't care a fudge about occults, but lunar cycles and telescope BG update it's all what I need!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @Mak27 i agree with you 2000% forget occults the game needs more realisim like for example a sims family starting out in an appartment where there dream is to own have there dream home built
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @Mak27 i agree with you 2000% forget occults the game needs more realisim like for example a sims family starting out in an appartment where there dream is to own have there dream home built

Can’t you play that out with City Living and/or Eco Lifestyle? Both feature apartments, and your sim can try to save up to build a house on literally any other lot in the game.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    It's not my style, but it sounds like a good pack for those who want more chores in their gameplay. A pack devoted to just one chore is kind of a waste in my opinion, but one packing a bunch all at the same time actually sounds like a worthwhile project. A base game update or the pack itself could also add a new interaction with rugs to beat them out in the yard, including a rack to hang the rug on and a rug beater to wack it with. While we're going with the chore theme, why not add mopping, polishing, power-washing, and waxing for hard-surface floors like wood, stone, and tile? Might as well go all-in and add back the requirement to trim bushes and water flowers from TS2 with this pack too, since that's one chore that was actually a base game feature that they removed.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    or sims doing spring cleaning @SimsLovinLycan getting rid of old stuff they no longer went to keep to make room for new ones exemple say you have in game a vampire theme baby room and went to redecorate it to a werewolf theme baby room sims move out everything from the old theme clean the room repaint then sims decide if they went to sell the old furniture still in excenlent condition to have the simoleon from the sale in there household funds or give it to a family member in there houseold thats moved out but can not afford the furniture if there family is getting bigger (moved out sims) witch in term is called hand me down? like i said this is an exemple i am using
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    or sims doing spring cleaning @SimsLovinLycan getting rid of old stuff they no longer went to keep to make room for new ones exemple say you have in game a vampire theme baby room and went to redecorate it to a werewolf theme baby room sims move out everything from the old theme clean the room repaint then sims decide if they went to sell the old furniture still in excenlent condition to have the simoleon from the sale in there household funds or give it to a family member in there houseold thats moved out but can not afford the furniture if there family is getting bigger (moved out sims) witch in term is called hand me down? like i said this is an exemple i am using

Yes, yard sales are a great thing to add to a pack like this! Then, people who want a more immersive clearing out/redecorating process than just selling the old furniture in Build/Buy could have some fun too! Maybe even have something pop up in Neighborhood Stories when someone else is having a yard sale too. The mailbox could have a golden glow around it on the day those things happen, so you know to check it (because not all of us check the mail every day...guilty as charged).
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Would be nice to be able to sell furniture with those tarpaulins they have at the flea market in San Myshuno. I used to play a sim that upcycled broken furniture from the trash and it would have been lovely to be able to actually sell it in game without setting up a shop.