Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim CONSTANTLY needs a day off!

ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
Hi! This is a true story.

My Single Sim has just begging to take off days lately. "Needs a Day Off" keeps reappearing every few Simdays. I don't have any mood mods or work mods, and I feel like it's just a implement bug. Tried taking days off and it reappeared again. It's getting a bit difficult to handle this. I know it's from using "Work Hard" too much, but it's hard to figure out what's the issue.
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    What are the personality traits? Any case it has high maintenance?
  • Options
    Good, Bookworm and Self Assured
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,852 Member
    Something may be getting lost in translation here. You said it yourself, the issue is you're using "Work Hard" too much. Your poor sim is just about at the end of their rope. You're pushing them too hard, ease up a little.😁 I never use that one for more than a third of a shift, half a shift tops. If I do use it for half a shift I won't use it at all the next work day.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    If you want to get away with making your sim "work hard" so often, maybe change one of their traits to "workaholic"? Or that might be "ambitious' in sims 4, I get traits confused between version sometimes.

Hoping that might help.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    My Single Sim has just begging to take off days lately. "Needs a Day Off" keeps reappearing every few Simdays.

So relatable.
  • Options
    I don't think so. The only trick is to take a PTO off. Kinda sucks.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited June 2022
    My Sims that are in the Painter career have the "Needs a Day Off" moodlet almost every time they get home from work. If they have the Responsible trait they'll always work hard at their job which, I guess, stresses them out a lot. I know that it typically unlocks the Workaholic lifestyle, which I find hard to deal with. I make sure that my Sims earn the Emotional Control trait so they have options to get rid of bad moods just like they did when they were teens. They can jog to clear their minds, write in their journals, or wind down with Classical music. I've also noticed that sometimes all it takes is a bubble bath to get rid of the moodlet. It really depends on the Sim's traits, and the activities they like to do. The moodlet is usually gone within a few hours.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    You’ll be hearing from his Union. 😀
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    You know what solves "Need a Day Off?"

Actually taking a day off. Just like in reality, you just need to take a little vacation sometimes. Even if it's just a day.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited June 2022
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    My Single Sim has just begging to take off days lately. "Needs a Day Off" keeps reappearing every few Simdays.

So relatable.

Was literally just going to reply along these lines myself. :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I try to mix it up a bit. My Sims tend to work hard on their own volition. But, it does make for a cranky Sim when they get home. So, if I can focus on it, I'll change out work hard for socialize with co-workers, and I watch the Sim-clock so that it's only for 10-15 minutes, then I switch them back to work hard. Eventually he does get the Workaholic lifestyle to my chagrin. But that's only really problematic when he chooses to go to work after hours. Face/palm. He started out as a school teacher and made it very high into the University level Professor. I tried to do the same thing for the school aged kids in my game. Burn-out isn't the goal.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    I find that most often, if your sim has ambitious, good or responsible in their traits (not an exhaustive list) - when they go to work, their default is to "Work Hard" through no interaction or direction from you. I try to check their work mode just after they leave so that I can adjust it to "Work Normally" "Slack Off" or "Socialize with Coworkers" at least once or twice every sim week. This has helped balance my sims moodlets when it comes to being tense from working too hard.

Also, the options seem to be different depending on what career path you're in. Example, one of my sims has an option to "Suck up to Boss" but others don't.
    OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    edited June 2022
    All my sims need a day off the higher in the career they are. It can literally be lifeguard or barista and they still get tense after a few promotions. No traits seem to matter.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I never get them to have days off. I'm pushing him to his best, so he can get the promotion. I wish there was a mod to remove this. This is nothing to do with traits. Guess I will be generous here and take some days off for him, just to kill him some time.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    If you insist on pushing him to the limit you can click away moodlets with UI Cheats.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-16-26240068
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    edited June 2022
    You can cheat the moodlet out if it's annoying or in the way. Just shift click the sim, cheat sim info, remove moodlet, scroll until you see "needs day off" (or similar), click it and remove. If it's not in cheat sim info it's further in the option wheel near the end.
    No need for ui cheats or mccc

I do that for the fire fear memory moodlet because it has a tendency to return.

Another option is the carefree (i think it's this one) trait in the rewards store in which they never get tense again
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I have a sim who gets that wish for a day off, but it's not from work because she only works three days a week. I noticed she gets this whenever she is tense for some reason so I get her to have a relaxing bath or something instead to ease away the tense moodlet.
  • Options
    I never get them to have days off. I'm pushing him to his best, so he can get the promotion. I wish there was a mod to remove this. This is nothing to do with traits. Guess I will be generous here and take some days off for him, just to kill him some time.

Out of curiosity what career is your sim in? I think I've had a sim in every career, if not really close to it, and I've never had to push one that hard to get to the top of the career quickly. If I want them to max out quickly, I keep them very happy, but I make sure they spend most of their time on a skill for the job and the daily work assignment. I don't worry as much about them being in the preferred mood, I'm more concerned with them heading off to work with the maximum amount of positive moodlets possible. I try to get as many long lasting moodlets as possible to carry them well into their work day.

I find that allowing them to socialize a bit with coworkers, occasionally schmooze the boss, and an hour or two of work hard, and the rest of the time work normal, they'll get to the top quickly. As soon as they get home I have them tend to any needs that are in bad shape, then have them tackle the work assignments, and finish up the night with one or two of their most favorite activities.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    First, I've grown out of mods, to simgirl, and for Dani's reply: When he got Tense I believe he worked in business. He was always in a "very" mood and his needs were making him "Feeling Great". Just seems to be a thing just related to the "Work Hard" worktone.
  • Options
    I've only played that career a couple of times and I don't recall my sim being all that stressed. There are so many hidden traits and different combinations that apparently you've got one that is sensitive to being pushed hard. They do have individual personalities, and this one likes to take things more casually.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    My sim recently completed the Investor branch of the Business career and I don't recall any unusual stress. I had him quit, enroll in Uni, and then he's going to complete the Management branch. Can't remember what his traits are. Will check next time I play.
  • Options
    That's strange. I gave him tons and tons of traits.