Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High chairs not working

Since the patch today the high chairs have stopped work can’t give toddler food or drink or put them in it is this happening or anyone else

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    They still work in my game. Perhaps you have some mods installed that aren't compatible?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Actually the high chair hasn't worked properly since over 4 years now.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited June 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Actually the high chair hasn't worked properly since over 4 years now.

Yes, I know there is the one parent who puts the Tot in the chair and before the meal is served, the other parent or Sim comes along and takes the tot out of the chair bug has existed almost from the beginning. But, as far as being able to set them into the chair, it works in my game. and lately, the parent has been able to serve them food, too. I think the secret is, to have the other Sim/parent, etc. be completely occupied doing something else. I've currently got four Toddlers in my game. The boy is a few Sim days older than his triplet sisters. :open_mouth: Yeah, my Sims are living in Crazy Town at the moment.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    I forgot to mention I have no mods or CC it was working fine before the latest patch
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    I forgot to mention I have no mods or CC it was working fine before the latest patch

I have the same issue.
  • Options
    TamsinTamsin Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?
  • Options
    imelfamilyimelfamily Posts: 18 Member
    I just don't use highchairs.... the toddler can open food and I pull the food on the counter, have the toddler grab the food, then I put it away.... all manually....
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I noticed that when you click on the High Chair and choose "Feed toddler", the sim giving the toddler food will do nothing. You have to manually click on the toddler and then select "Feed Toddler" from the pie menu.

High Chairs have always been a mess, with sims constantly putting the toddler in or out of them. I really wish they were programmed better.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Have they ever worked? I just put one of those cute bear chairs in my dining area and have the toddlers take a plate and eat there.
  • Options
    SignofhatredlolSignofhatredlol Posts: 44 Member
    I’ve also faced this problem. Actually, the high chairs have not worked since I started playing the game. This has resulted in some of my toddlers starving… I’m currently trying to get my toddlers to take their own food when the parents don’t want to help out.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited July 2022
    Issue in my game too if you click the highchair itself. The workaround is to click the toddler or refrigenerator instead. Highchairs are basically made of fail anyhow so I mostly just drag food over and let them eat from there. I still tend to keep the stupid chairs around though since I don't know how parent autonomy works without them. I do want them to be able to feed their kids by themselves, especially in families with a lot of sims cuz I myself can sometimes be an unobservant twit.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    High chairs make me want to pull my hair out. Even when I get a parent to put the kid in the chair, I have to pause the game and instruct them to give food or they will just take the kid right back out of the chair.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    The high chairs are so useless. I just allow my sim's toddlers to just eat anywhere like sit on the floor or something lol
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    I haven't used the high chairs in years. Tried them for a while then never allowed them back.

Yes, having a spare dining chair in the kitchen (not attached to a table) is great for toddlers to use when they pick up a plate of food.
  • Options
    foraging_gingerforaging_ginger Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SamadamsPlayer said:
    > Since the patch today the high chairs have stopped work can’t give toddler food or drink or put them in it is this happening or anyone else

Mine were working and just broke with this last patch too. I found a mod that fixes it but I can’t remember who made it. But I added it to my game and now they work fine again. I will try to find it and post it.
  • Options
    chillabychillaby Posts: 35 Member
    Mine broke a long time ago, friend. Either that or the parents broke. Personally, as soon as toddlers are able to move about on their own, I make them as independent as feasibly possible because their parents are sometimes mechanically useless, as others have said. I will pull food out of fridges and instruct the toddlers to come grab a serving, which works. Thankfully they've fixed the bug where toddlers could only eat certain foods! That almost led to some of my toddlers starving, too!
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I've seen these same issues in my game! I haven't been able to clean the high chairs or put the toddlers into them to feed them since the newest update. It always says that the chair is already in use. It's really annoying since I've been doing my own 100 Baby Challenge. I use those chairs a lot for feeding them. I hope this issue gets fixed soon, because the way I've found to work around it is kind of hard to do. I've noticed that the toddlers can still be put in the chair if they are picked up, but they tend to demand to get out of the high chair almost right after being put in it. I have to pause the game at the right time just to be able to hit the option to give them food, which only works if I do it this way. Any other time I try to put food there, the option doesn't pop up and the high chair continues to say that it is already in use.
  • Options
    SignofhatredlolSignofhatredlol Posts: 44 Member
    So… as I said before, I faced this problem. Today I was playing the Sims 4 again, and this time I tried dragging the food to the floor and directing the toddler to grab a serving. This helped. The toddler was no longer starving.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    So… as I said before, I faced this problem. Today I was playing the Sims 4 again, and this time I tried dragging the food to the floor and directing the toddler to grab a serving. This helped. The toddler was no longer starving.

Great tip, this does work well, but it would be really nice if the chairs would just be fixed so we could use them :)