Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you get toddlers to say goodnight to the moon

Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
Just what the topic says. Do you need a full moon? How do you get them to do it? Do you have to click on the moon? In my game right now it is a new moon, and clicking on the toddlers there is no interaction to do so. Can they do it for any phase? I so want to see it.
Post edited by Colorist40 on

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    I saw in another thread that it’s actually a thing children do rather than toddlers. Kinda annoying that they made that mistake in the patch notes.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I saw in another thread that it’s actually a thing children do rather than toddlers. Kinda annoying that they made that mistake in the patch notes.

I thought it said it's children who can ask about the moon phases and I imagine that would be accurate. But toddlers saying good night to the moon would have been such a cute interaction to have. Maybe you need to take them outside or in front of a window for the interaction to become available?
  • Options

In the patch notes it said definitely toddlers. This is what the patch notes said. There are also some particularly cute new interactions for toddlers. They have special questions that they can ask during each phase and they can also say goodnight to the moon. This will grant them special moon dreams, which may change depending on the particular moon phase that night. Prepare for cuteness overload. It wouldn't be as cute if kids did the saying of the goodnight. So I don't know. Thank you I will try both what you suggest. If that doesn't work I hope someone else has done this and respond with the answer.

• Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

I thought it said it's children who can ask about the moon phases and I imagine that would be accurate. But toddlers saying good night to the moon would have been such a cute interaction to have. Maybe you need to take them outside or in front of a window for the interaction to become available?

Thank you so much. I hope it isn't a mistake as I wouldn't find kids saying goodnight to the moon very cute. Oh well. Hopefully someone will figure it out and post on here.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I still didn't find out how kids can say goodnight to the moon either though so if someone may enlighten me :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    Don't they have to be outside? And if you click on the toddler while outside is there an option somewhere? Or maybe have a parent click on the toddler while outside & see if there's something like a "have [name] say goodnight to the moon" option?
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    Don't they have to be outside? And if you click on the toddler while outside is there an option somewhere? Or maybe have a parent click on the toddler while outside & see if there's something like a "have [name] say goodnight to the moon" option?

I tried what you suggested, it is a quarter moon, which by the way in Moonwood mills, I can't seem to see the moon no matter what phase it is in, but nothing. There is no option for the toddler to do it, nor is the option there for the parent to ask them to do it. Thanks though for trying to help

• Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but there is a new toddler book talking about the moon, so maybe they need to read that first? Worth a shot. I don't have any toddlers or I would try that.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    I'm sorry it didn't work @Colorist40 😕. Was just throwing some ideas out as I don't have any toddlers. Hope you, and other simmers playing with toddlers, figure it out soon.
  • Options
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but there is a new toddler book talking about the moon, so maybe they need to read that first? Worth a shot. I don't have any toddlers or I would try that.

That is an idea. I will give that a try. Thank you.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    it seems to be a parent interaction
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I noticed that the interaction was under my mom and not the toddler. If I click on my toddler while controlling his mom then it has an interaction to “teach to say goodnight to the moon”<br>I hope this helps!</p>— Shalice Bascom (@shalice21) <a href=" 18, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I think it's just another way to put the toddler to sleep.
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2022
    I found "Say Goodnight to the Moon" interaction under Toddler Care. So control the caretaker and click on the toddler, then Toddler Care, and it should be there. I've tried it only once so far and it either interrupted, or it involves the toddler asking for a book reading, not sure yet of the results. Will keep doing that and report if I find anything interesting.

Edit: It has to be night time, aka there has to -be- a moon to say goodnight to. Daytime naps and sleeping don't have the option.

980d2324f0e35e6573b33ff767c3f862.png
    Post edited by Lumiasta on
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    As @Lumiasta says, it's an option that pops up for the caretaker sim. But having tried it several times it just results in the sim putting toddler to bed. There is the new toddler moon book which we've read through twice, but that made no difference.

Currently my toddler is still at the babbling stage, do they need a high communication skill?
    Or is it just broken?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    As @Lumiasta says, it's an option that pops up for the caretaker sim. But having tried it several times it just results in the sim putting toddler to bed. There is the new toddler moon book which we've read through twice, but that made no difference.

Currently my toddler is still at the babbling stage, do they need a high communication skill?
    Or is it just broken?

Well I would think that they would have to be talking to say goodnight to the moon…. At least that would make sense.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the replies. I will try this. If my toddler learns to talk, I will try to have them say goodnight to the moon, if not, then I guess it is either as Lumiasta says that it basically is another way to put the toddler to bed, but the patch notes said it was cuteness overload, and having the parents put them to bed after clicking on it wouldn't be cuteness overload, so perhaps they need to learn to talk for them to be able to do it, or as someone said it could be broken lol. Thanks again for all your help
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Or is it just broken?

Well I would think that they would have to be talking to say goodnight to the moon…. At least that would make sense.

Agreed. Will try this. Thank you.
  • Options
    Lumiasta wrote: »
    I found "Say Goodnight to the Moon" interaction under Toddler Care. So control the caretaker and click on the toddler, then Toddler Care, and it should be there. I've tried it only once so far and it either interrupted, or it involves the toddler asking for a book reading, not sure yet of the results. Will keep doing that and report if I find anything interesting.

Edit: It has to be night time, aka there has to -be- a moon to say goodnight to. Daytime naps and sleeping don't have the option.

980d2324f0e35e6573b33ff767c3f862.png

Thank you that makes sense.
  • Options

Or is it just broken?

I hope that it isn't broken. I had them read the book too and there was no option when clicking on the toddler to have them say goodnight to the moon. Thank you.
  • Options
    My toddler has now maxed both Communication and Thinking, and I haven't found any questions the toddler might be able to ask. She will age up to child soon, so will test that out a bit, but seems Iron Seagull already confirmed children can do that, yah.

However, the toddler can dream moon dreams, different per stage. For me it seemed to start when the toddler reached Thinking 4 and was put to bed with 'Goodnight to Moon' option from Toddler Care at night time. The toddler's sleeping thought bubbles had moon pictures and if she slept until she woke up on her own, she got a moodlet from having had a moon dream.

I think that's how the non-werewolf-sims, or possibly even werewolves-that-sleep-in-beds would work too, but both her caretakers sleep with Wolf Nap, so I think the result is a bit different. No proper thorough testing done on what influences what, but thought that was cute, regardless.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    @Lumiasta glad you got the moon dreams, my toddler is out of rotation right now, but that sounds so cute.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    maybe it has to be a moon and nighttime, as the good night one for them to ask @Lumiasta?
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    Maybe. I was focused on letting them sleep through the night so they got the moon dream moodlet (no difference in question options with the moodlet or without), will try to remember to check when they have another toddler, the first one is child by now.

The child can ask questions about the moon, so far "Is Moon a Banana?" and "Is Moon a Sponge?", the question appears in the Friendly dialogue options at night time, not available during the day. So will definitely re-check the toddler's dialogue options when a little sibling makes an appearance.