Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, spring roadmap just ended! Let's talk about summer, fall and winter roadmaps!

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,115 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Summer of the Sims 2022:
  • Expansion Pack: High School
  • Kit #1: chore or new item (gameplay)
  • Kit #2: chore or new item (gameplay)
  • BG Updates: pre-teens, spiral stairs and body hair

Fall of the Sims 2022:
  • Stuff Pack: cars related
  • Refresh: Dine Out
  • Kit: Pre-teens CAS
  • BG Updates: ceiling painting, pool tables and free babies

Winter of the Sims 2022/23:
  • Expansion Pack: Hobbies
  • Stuff Pack: Swimming Pool
  • BG updates: pool cleaning, water slides, curved pools, hobbies system
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    It appears like there will be no more gameplay kits. Highschool EP sounds boring, hope there will be a fall or winter EP.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1000454/no-more-gameplay-kits#latest
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I would be pleasantly surprised if we got shorter teens. I would love to have children with different heights even if all the Sims end up being the same height as adults.

I don't know what kind of gameplay kits they should add but I thought these kits were suppose to be for niche ideas. Bust the dust was already the chore kit. I wouldn't want to buy something similar.

If we ever get cars. I don't think they'd be sold in a stuff pack. Too big of an idea.

I have mixed feelings about the baby update. I do like that I don't have to worry about Sims laying the baby on the ground and just leaving them. Though it would be nice if you can use a stroller to take a walk with them.

Yeah, I can see ceiling paint coming in a base game update but not sure when.

I really hope we get 2 or 3 refreshes soon, maybe in September again. I would rather have refreshes than more kits. I would like Luxury Party stuff to get a refresh. They could add a party planner career and maybe this sim could handle all the details of a party autonomously if you choose.
  • Options
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I would be pleasantly surprised if we got shorter teens. I would love to have children with different heights even if all the Sims end up being the same height as adults.

I don't know what kind of gameplay kits they should add but I thought these kits were suppose to be for niche ideas. Bust the dust was already the chore kit. I wouldn't want to buy something similar.

If we ever get cars. I don't think they'd be sold in a stuff pack. Too big of an idea.

I have mixed feelings about the baby update. I do like that I don't have to worry about Sims laying the baby on the ground and just leaving them. Though it would be nice if you can use a stroller to take a walk with them.

I really hope we get 2 or 3 refreshes soon, maybe in September again. I would rather have refreshes than more kits. I would like Luxury Party stuff to get a refresh. They could add a party planner career and maybe this sim could handle all the details of a party autonomously if you choose.

I don't think Luxury Party deserves a refresh. The first SPs are likely gameplay Kits from now. So I think the first two years of SP should be cheaper than a nowdays SP
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    SnaveXs wrote: »

I don't think Luxury Party deserves a refresh. The first SPs are likely gameplay Kits from now. So I think the first two years of SP should be cheaper than a nowdays SP

The main object I liked was the buffet table from that pack but you can get one now in My Wedding Stories GP. I don't know Luxury Party stuff is sorely lacking but I guess it would be considered a kit today.
  • Options
    Chore kits like lawn mowing or swimming pool could be nice kits, also some realism like water heaters.
  • Options
    Chore kits like lawn mowing or swimming pool could be nice kits, also some realism like water heaters.

I'd like a kit about motorcycles and bicycles for kids and toddlers. My sims would like to be able to fix them up if needed, change a tire, repaint them, inflate the tires, etc. Pools are nice, but my sims mostly don't get their own pools, just use the community pools. I'd like the pool party event and some big slide to create a water park. Also swimming class for toddlers.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I have no interest in chores.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Highschool Expansion Pack
    Base Game update on Preteens, Body hair, Better Babies, and Spiral Stairs.
    Kit of something
    Stuff pack because why not.
    I would like an update on GTW because sick Sims need to go to the doctors!!! Also Sixam needs everything in it. It need to be a world to explore.
    Done Out Refresh because we have a lot more food and drinks now and it needs to be updated.
    Cars need to be hunted please and thank you.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    It appears like there will be no more gameplay kits. Highschool EP sounds boring, hope there will be a fall or winter EP.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1000454/no-more-gameplay-kits#latest

Sad for gameplay kits :(

BUUUUT about High School...

Pre-teens
    Fixed teens (different size, between pre-teens and young adults)
    Potential hobbies
    Boarding schools
    Acne
    After school activities
    More traits
    Maybe enhanced swimming pools instead a SP
    Chores for teens
    Teacher as playabla career
    Prom parties
    First love/crush for pre-teens
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

Sad for gameplay kits :(

BUUUUT about High School...

Pre-teens
    Fixed teens (different size, between pre-teens and young adults)
    Potential hobbies
    Boarding schools
    Acne
    After school activities
    More traits
    Maybe enhanced swimming pools instead a SP
    Chores for teens
    Teacher as playabla career
    Prom parties
    First love/crush for pre-teens

New hobbies are always welcome and more activities for swimming pools would be great too. Teens would be nice if they have a wide variety of activities so we can make both nerdy, academic high achievers but also troubled teens that find it difficult to stay in school.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2022
    Summer of the Sims 2022:
    • Expansion Pack: High School
    • Kit #1: CAS items inspired by "school wear"
    • Kit #2: B/B items for decorating your garden/patio
    • BG Updates: body hair, new whims (or whims overhaul)

Fall of the Sims 2022:
    • Stuff Pack: Sweet tooth (It's a fanmade concept. Please look it up. It's so good!)
    • Refresh: Get to work
    • Kit: CAS inspired by a designer no one ever heard of
    • BG Updates: new type of ladder, car

Winter of the Sims 2022/23:
    • Expansion Pack: Showtime
    • Stuff Pack: Cars (incl. fixer upper car)
    • Kit #1: CAS cosy winter wear
    • Kit #2: B/B for decorating your house for the holidays
    • BG updates: songs added to various radio stations, a new "fan" T-Shirt, a mechanic outfit, R&B radio station added, updated favorites for CAS to include R&B as possible like or dislike, new category added to favorites: "food"

Post edited by Erja888 on
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Summer:
    - Swimming pool SP
    - Bathroom Kit
    - Sleepwear Kit
    - Body hair

Fall:
    - High School EP
    - Indian/oriental Kit
    - Outdoor Retreat refresh

Winter:
    - Nectar-making SP
    - Luxury outdoor clothing Kit
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Are we being realistic or are we saying what we want because that will dramatically change my answer. My (mostly) realistic speculation would be

Summer J-S
    SP-pools
    Random kit
    EP- Highschool

Fall O-D
    Random Kit
    Granite Falls refresh
    GP Bands related

• Options
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Are we being realistic or are we saying what we want because that will dramatically change my answer. My (mostly) realistic speculation would be

Summer J-S
    SP-pools
    Random kit
    EP- Highschool

Fall O-D
    Random Kit
    Granite Falls refresh
    GP Bands related

The only thing I am confident will happen is that there will be a kit for every month left of the year. Ten maybe an EP and another GP.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I don't expect 3 GPs in one year.
  • Options

I didn't expected a GP (MWS) followed by another GP (Werewolves) in a short period of time, so I think a third GP it's possible if 2022 will have only one EP.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member

I didn't expected a GP (MWS) followed by another GP (Werewolves) in a short period of time, so I think a third GP it's possible if 2022 will have only one EP.

Agreed