Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please improve the quality of the Sims Thumbnail in the main menu.

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I loved the new main menu in The Sims 4, but I found the thumbnail quality used to show the Sims to be very poor. It gets blurry, and gives a sense of low quality. It's a small detail, but it would be nice if it could be improved.

cdSSDQG.png

tenor.gif
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    I can't say that's anywhere on my list of desires that they improve/fix 😄
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,536 Member
    I loved the new main menu in The Sims 4, but I found the thumbnail quality used to show the Sims to be very poor. It gets blurry, and gives a sense of low quality. It's a small detail, but it would be nice if it could be improved.

cdSSDQG.png

They really should fix that.
    It doesn't reflect well on the game that it's one of the first things you see when you load up the game, especially for a new customer.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EynSimsEynSims Posts: 1 New Member
    Here's how to fix the resolution. Go to C: > program files > origin games > the sims 4 > game > bin > res right click on thumbnailconfig.ini scroll to the [SimBust] section then where it says size_small and change the numbers from 64,64 to 256, 256. The sim should not look blurry anymore.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,536 Member
    EynSims wrote: »
    Here's how to fix the resolution. Go to C: > program files > origin games > the sims 4 > game > bin > res right click on thumbnailconfig.ini scroll to the [SimBust] section then where it says size_small and change the numbers from 64,64 to 256, 256. The sim should not look blurry anymore.

Thanks.
    Much nicer to look at.
    start.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It's your graphics settings. My sim looks very clear.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member

Thanks so much for this :) it was one of the biggest annoyances for me believe it or not lol.
    It's your graphics settings. My sim looks very clear.
    I don't believe it's graphics settings, I'm playing at ultra graphics on a 2k resolution and it was still blurry.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,723 Member

Thank you, looks much better. This should have been the default settings in my opinion.