Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A question about filling an empty world with sims

I found a world that has all the lots, both community and residential, but no sims. I figure the game will auto populate all the NPCs, those needed to fill the different jobs. But how do you go about adding household members, both single sims and complete families throughout a newly started world?

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Are you using NRaas StoryProgression? If so, you can use rapid immigration to add however many households you want. All the relevant information for it, and for SP immigration in general, is here:

http://www.nraas.net/StoryProgression-FAQ-Immigration

You don't need to worry about the immigration gauge; just look at the second section. I'd suggest saving a number of households to the in-game bin so SP has bin sims to draw from. Since your town won't have any residents yet, SP won't be able to draw genetics from the town (except from your sims, which you might not want), and the EA option produces zero-slider sims. If you set the chance of bin offspring to 100 and the EA option to zero, or something close, SP will use the bin sims' genetics to generate the new sims.

If you don't use SP, I'd just save interesting sims from other towns and place them in the new town. If you let EA immigrate in the sims, they'll all be the usual zero-slider puddingface types, and that gets boring quickly.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I make or save interesting households I find and add them to the empty town. Also, rapid immigration through SP as mentioned above :)
  • Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    Every sim I’ve ever made stays in the “family box “ ( or whatever it’s called where all sims are saved when created) in edit town mode. I find it interesting to see what storyline Story Progression will give them when I’m not playing them . I’ve also created sims for this specific purpose.
  • Options
    NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    KNORear wrote: »
    Every sim I’ve ever made stays in the “family box “ ( or whatever it’s called where all sims are saved when created) in edit town mode. I find it interesting to see what storyline Story Progression will give them when I’m not playing them . I’ve also created sims for this specific purpose.

That's what I do. I've accumulated a fair number of sims over the time I've been playing, so I just use them.