Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the new game play

SystemSystem Posts: 6,565 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This discussion was created from comments split from: Where are the new game play.

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Saving their resources for full-sized, rideable dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    That's indeed the big question since Cottage Living.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Keep in mind how old the original code for base game is.
    I think they don’t have any other choice but to reuse gameplay to not break the code and the game.

Just look at how messy MWS was at release. It added new functions that was gonna go with that old code. And see what happened.

All of you want more topping on the cake not considering the fact that all the weight of the toppings will make the cake break.

So don’t be rude towards devs without understanding the background.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Kai252018 wrote: »
    Well I guess it's ok to reuse and reuse game play for all packs these days. I'm wondering is it a lack of experience on the game play production or the money? I'm really craving for new game play.

It's not only ok, it's actually a good thing for game companies to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4aAG1dHiw0
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    They saved all the gameplay for werewolves!!!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Keep in mind how old the original code for base game is.
    I think they don’t have any other choice but to reuse gameplay to not break the code and the game.

Just look at how messy MWS was at release. It added new functions that was gonna go with that old code. And see what happened.

All of you want more topping on the cake not considering the fact that all the weight of the toppings will make the cake break.

So don’t be rude towards devs without understanding the background.
    If the cake is so fundamentally flawed, perhaps they should stop adding to it and just make a new one. Selling poorly-made cakes isn't good.

:)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Gordy
    This I have to agree with!
    When they say Sims 4 still has many more years ahead of it I get scared.

I love the game.
    But I’d love a new version freshly coded so we actually can enjoy all features without glitches and bugs.

Edit: with dragons for grims sake!
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    A properly rendered dragon, actual size, with full capability, would probably blow the game so smithereens. We are talking about a creature that is roughly the size of an Avro Lancaster heavy bomber - ~71 feet long, 100 feet wingspan (building lot about 24 x 33). That's before it moves, flies, blasts out fire, or anything else dragons do. Not counting the size of the treasure hoard, either.
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    @Oldeseadogge - Maybe if there was a special lot for the dragon that would support a dragon without blowing the game to smithereens, maybe that would work. We could have a craggy mountain dragon lair and then the treasure hoard caves underneath that we could explore like the Jungle Adventures temple.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Excellent suggestion! This follows the pattern found in fantasy literature. It's not that adding dragons is a bad idea, it's not. It's that the game engine is not designed to handle such creatures and that its current state of delicateness only increases the probability of problems.