Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any plans for Easter??

Verity15Verity15 Posts: 179 Member
I'm not sure if you celebrate Easter or not, if you do then I hope you have a very lovely Easter! 💛

For me Easter means no school for two weeks.... Whooooo🙃🙂

I don't really eat the chocolate because of my allergies.

I expect I'll just stay at home and chill for most of it

What will you be up to??

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2022
    Here in finland it means bonfires and witches and lots of chocolate so coincidentally enough perhaps my sims shall enjoy some of that :lol:

(I'll be doing my evil laughs very quietly however and locking my doors extra carefully because we don't want to alert the little witch kids that might possibly show up to my door to ask for candy if they notice life inside the house like sure its whole point of these festivities but this evil witch has hates children trait and would prefer to enjoy the candy herself)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Verity15 Enjoy your days off school! :smile: I will probably just have a lunch with my family and go to church to light some candles.

@Simmingal you celebrate easter in Finland with bonfires and witches? I will have to google that after lol. That sounds like halloween here in Canada. I sometimes hide from trick or treaters too and keep all the candy *evil laugh* :joy:
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @Simmingal you celebrate easter in Finland with bonfires and witches? I will have to google that after lol. That sounds like halloween here in Canada. I sometimes hide from trick or treaters too and keep all the candy *evil laugh* :joy:

yes its bit similar to halloween in that kids go door to door for candy except every kid is dressed a witch or old hag no other costumes allowed (okay they are but thats like modern take) and they give you cute decorated willow branch thingies (usually with like feathers and ribbons and such) in exchange with a little "spell" that are to ward off evil

bonfire also is to ward off evil
    (but tbh its mostly just excuse to burn things these days we love burning things)
    also theres like trillion variations of the "lore" but basically theres version where there used to be old hags terrorizing farmers with their "witchcraft" and hence you dress up as old hag and then theres the version of witches fly to some top secret mountain to party during easter time with the said old hags(cause i guess theyre witches or something) so you should ward them off doing the bonfire branch stuff

and then theres the church input of yeah its cause beard dude was ded for a little while so like its extra evil at that time so you should ward off evil
    (=witches obviously)

aand then theres the dodgy lore of random " well if you dont get dude you'll end up old hag so you'll also go to the mountain if u die without ever having romantic dude relations" but tbh i think that just sounds like lit ace/aro party so they truly failed the spook factor at that point

also pretty sure the bonfires thing is somehow connected to witch hunts so thats why its bonfire in specific

and then idk sweden also has easter witches but idk what their lore is its probably different cause i think the old hag part is like finland version

also pretty sure sweden idea is more like instead of mountain its devils secret love island the witches fly to and yeah that sounds less lit I'll just go to the mountain party

In conclusion: Agnes Crumplebottom would probably make awesome easter witch :lol: at least in finnish lore
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Another reason to love Finland! I want Halloween for Easter too! I have some fancy schmancy chocolates hidden under my bed to surprise my sweetie with, and I do like to color eggs but hardboiled eggs get tiresome fast and so I just am happy if the daffodils and tulips are up and its not snowing.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Another reason to love Finland! I want Halloween for Easter too! I have some fancy schmancy chocolates hidden under my bed to surprise my sweetie with, and I do like to color eggs but hardboiled eggs get tiresome fast and so I just am happy if the daffodils and tulips are up and its not snowing.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    We in Sweden celebrate Easter (Påsk) like the finns, but we have the bonfires on 30 April. :smile:

Finland was a part of Sweden for centuries, but then came the russians...

I have no plans for Easter. Might buy more candy and chocolates than usual, though. :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    Going to go to church and then possibly get together with family members.
  • Options
    dythiadythia Posts: 104 Member
    It's actually my birthday tomorrow so the day before easter I'll have fun with some of my friends at a party (Wednesday is very inconvenient to have a birthday on)
    g0fp4eb0ah2i.png
    How ironic.
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    Verity15 wrote: »
    Hope you had a lovely time so far :)
    Thanks, I hope you have (or had) a nice Easter as well. Happy Easter to everyone else too!

I'm going to go to church here in a couple hours with my parents and one of my siblings. After that we're going have lunch together. Hopefully it will be a fun day.
  • Options
    Neither of us grew up in very religious families, so we're quite content not to have to go to church today, but we did color eggs, and enjoy some lovely specialty chocolates from Spain, Poland, etc. and some pastries and coffee from Starby's

I also cut some daffodils from the garden and put them in a vase on the table. Had to cut out the anthers or else the pollen gets to me, but that's not that much hassle, to enjoy some daffodils.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I'm working lol. And mid-shift so I really couldn't do anything before or after anyway. I was going to have a plate of food sent home with my family since I'd have to miss dinner but now dinner is canceled anyway because somebody is sick with covid-like symptoms. So kind of a bummer I don't even get a plate of food but respect that we're trying to keep people safe. Hopefully we can just reschedule and I can even go and partake in the company as well.

I'm agnostic anyway so I don't celebrate the religious aspects of Easter or any other holiday I just like to enjoy the opportunity to spend time with loved ones so if we just postpone and do something in a week or two when it's safer it's not a big deal. I just hope it works out that we can because it's so hard to find time that everyone can make it for which is why the holidays are nice but oh well.

Happy Easter to all those celebrating it :).
  • Options
    happy easter to those celebrating whether secular or religious!

daffodils.jpg
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    BerrypichuBerrypichu Posts: 25 Member
    No plans for this easter! I haven’t celebrated it since moving out from my family’s home which was about 7 years ago. I come from a traditional Filipino household so Easter is a pretty big deal for my immediate family and extended. Ever since I moved to another state I stopped attending church and pretty much became agnostic, but I still appreciate certain aspects of my old religion. What I miss the most is the time I spent with my family. I hope everyone had a nice day ❤️
    My gallery: https://tinyurl.com/Berrypichu
    。◕ ‿ ◕。
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Only 2 little witches arrived at door this year

(I think they've learned that evil witch doesn't open doors or then we are just far enough from village center and covid has made them wary)

either way lots of candy for me and one branch is plenty to protect my cat from evil

...except actually he is probably the evil himself

so maybe it protects other family members from him instead :lol: