Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storytime collaboration

Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
Parents are getting a divorce, but why? What would caused a rift so bad that things have progressed to this point?

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    They argued about who loves dragons more. They both felt that the other wasn't devoted enough to Torch, so they decided to find romantic partners who do.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    @Vivi_WillowTree I have some ideas but I'd really love to know a little bit more about their backstory? Careers, hobbies, traits, things like that. I can think of a few scenarios that are sort of real world based and some that are Sims world based. Some that are serious or a bit of a dark comedic twist.
  • Options
    Dad's information
    Aspersion: soulmate
    Traits: Romance, Non Committal, Child of the ocean
    Hobbies and skills: fitness, snowboarding, skiing, wellness, bowling, dancing
    Career: Marine biologist

Mom's information
    Aspersion: academic
    Traits: Creative, Non Committal, animal enthusiast
    Hobbies and skills: dancing, knitting, violin,  wellness
    Career: Arts Critic

Backstory: They met at a nightclub while out with friends. Their dancing chemistry made a romantic relationship very appealing and the two being Non Committal also had an appeal for both of them since they were on the same wavelength.  As time progressed their love was enough to take the leap of faith to marry and have two rambunctious children.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 there it is. Hope that is helpful for you and others.🙂
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    Well right off other than a love of dancing and wellness they seem like total opposites. Toss in commitment issues and this relationship was on rocky ground from the start. She sounds like a intellectual and a homebody, he's a jock and the outdoorsy type. You could go a couple of ways, they divorced because he's always running around looking for the next adrenaline rush instead of being there with her and the kids. Either one could break it off because they suddenly realize they can't stand being tied down with a family and a relationship, or they could mutually agree that they both aren't entirely ready to settle down even though there are kids involved now.

Personally, I'd pursue the he's too into being an adrenaline junky that isn't there for her and the kids, and when he is, he isn't intellectually stimulating enough for her.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited March 2022
    I agree with @DaniRose2143 in that these two really should've kept things casual. Or they could set some ground rules for an open or semi-open relationship to see if that helps. But I suspect that their other differences, possible career issues for both parties (noncommital isn't just about relationships, after all), and overall dissatisfaction would likely prevent even that from working. If they want to stay together "for the children," that could be worse for the children than they mean for it to be.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    If you need something drastic, then a marine biologist and an animal enthusiast could have opposing views of animals.

a) The marine biologist is okay with killing animals for science, while the animal enthusiast wants to be friends with all living creatures
    or the other way around
    b) The marine biologist wants to peacefully study ocean life, while the anima enthusiast is okay with exploiting them for money

Or maybe being non-committal they thought they needed a change of scenery, decided to move, but couldn't agree on what world.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited March 2022
    Dad, child of the ocean, marine biologist, wants a soulmate. He was exploring in Sulani and heard the siren calls of the beautiful mermaids and fell in love with one, since he wasn't that committed to his wife anyway, he cheated on her with the mermaid. He wants a divorce, because he thinks the mermaid is his soulmate and he wants to become a merman and live in Sulani with her. He has studied mermaid biology and believes they are just like human Sims.

Mom: Academic, animal enthusiast, wellness. Mom wants a divorce too, but she doesn't really care that he cheated her since she wasn't that committed, she just doesn't think mermaids are humans. She is an animal researcher who believes they are just fishes. She doesn't think it's healthy for the kids to be around talking fishes and is worried they might drown. She wants to keep the kids away from Sulani ocean and mermaids and live on a farm in the Cottage Living world.