Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood Stories Bugs?

Neighborhood Stories is great and all, but literally every sim day, sometimes twice a day, my sims' old aging mother calls to ask her if she should try for another baby. Is there a way I can tone this down? It's quite annoying getting interrupted that often, and she will call even though I have neighborhood stories turned off for her.

Another thing to note is... The deaths...
https://simscommunity.info/2022/03/24/the-sims-4-story-progression-is-off-the-rails/
In this article shows a gamer confused over their sim dying to cereal exploding. ...
Cereal exploding? Okay, it's hilarious 😂 but severely unrealistic.

Lastly, does anyone else's game go through a baby boom like mine? It seems as though now every house has at least four children in my game.

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2022
    If sims call you about supposed changes you can actually not pick up the call and everything stays the same

ofc its no fix to these spammy phone calls but its something to save you click or two

i personally think we should have toggles for all types of phone calls separately cause they get spammy very quick and sometimes you just wanna pretend your sim doesn't have a phone

also baby adoptions and kid adoptions were kind of overactive yeah you'd have like one a day if you enabled all neighborhood story stuff for all households

it was also strange how the cribs would spawn in kids bedrooms instead of parents (this is with unedited maxis builds)

then again i don't really mind cause i was never gonna enable sim adoptions anyway given it spawns basically randomized townies to my households which i avoid like plague anyway

deaths i don't mind i think its fun
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2022
    Frogeems wrote: »
    Neighborhood Stories is great and all, but literally every sim day, sometimes twice a day, my sims' old aging mother calls to ask her if she should try for another baby. Is there a way I can tone this down? It's quite annoying getting interrupted that often, and she will call even though I have neighborhood stories turned off for her.

Another thing to note is... The deaths...
    https://simscommunity.info/2022/03/24/the-sims-4-story-progression-is-off-the-rails/
    In this article shows a gamer confused over their sim dying to cereal exploding. ...
    Cereal exploding? Okay, it's hilarious 😂 but severely unrealistic.

Lastly, does anyone else's game go through a baby boom like mine? It seems as though now every house has at least four children in my game.

I don’t want realistic deaths personally. I want death in the game but I also absolutely want it to be silly and lighthearted as possible there’s plenty of horrific all to real death on the news every day.

Also the patch notes said you could avoid those calls by putting your sim’s phone on mute.
  • Options
    Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I've experienced the baby boom. Which kind of scares me a bit because of immortal pregnant sims lmao. I need to make the time to fine tune some settings for my save and do a test. I wonder if you set a couple where neither one can get pregnant/impregnate or even just one, leave off the adoption setting but turn on the have babies and just see if that household will still attempt for a baby/call and ask for permission. I had a save where my Sims elder mother called her and asked permission to have a baby so I was like sure but I didn't think elders could get pregnant and low and behold she showed up tri3 pregnant and then died the next day... I have no idea if she had the baby before she died or how she was able to even get pregnant in the 1st place. Plus her husband died too so there was no one else in the household. The baby could have been taken away for all I know. I was shook.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    I’ve had the elderly parent ring their YA child about trying for a baby. I always just select the “don’t do it” option and said elderly parent says “you’re right”. At least the elderly parent takes it well! Perhaps she realises it’d be odd, given that she has four grown-up grandchildren!