Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WCIF a wide, short curtain or blind?

StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
edited March 2022 in Build/Buy Custom Content
I'm trying to find curtains or blinds that fit this window properly. I own all the packs except the modern oasis kit and can't find one, so I'm pretty sure I need a CC solution.
The size of the window, in terms of width plus depth is one part of the issue...Like no game curtains/blinds fit it for both width and height. But also the lip at the bottom, which clips through a lot of them as well making the ones with the right width that are longer not work either.

22ff90f33a40012fc4ddfaf71787c1db5c27fe63.jpg

I really wish they wouldn't add windows to the game without also making sure there is at least one curtain or blind that fits it, or adding one if there isn't.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    @Stormkeep Do you want fully open, partially open, or fully closed?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @LMLS2143, At this point, I'll take anything that fits it, looks decent, and doesn't have clipping issues on that bottom lip. I prefer fully or at least partially open though. I like to let the light in!
    Also would prefer a shade of green as a swatch option. But beggars can't be choosers (and I can do my own recolors if needed).
  • Options
    @Stormkeep Give me a few minutes to throw together a couple of ideas and get some screenshots. That lower sill doesn't work or play well with anything. When they designed it no one was thinking curtains.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @LMLS2143, I totally hear you, I appreciate any help you give. I tried a few sources myself before posting and came up empty because of that darn lip. It's a bedroom window though, and to me it just looks wrong having no curtain or blind at all! :lol:

(Worth mentioning it's also an apartment bedroom window, which means I can't switch it to a different style even if I wanted to. It is a lovely window at least.)

• Options
    I really thought with all the curtains I have there was something that would work, but all I have are these two....

Peacemaker Drapery Delights-3 Tile
    o5nXgbO.png?1

ArwenKaboom S. H. Abby
    PhaAC9S.png?1

Both have clipping issues, and the set from ArwenKaboom are too long. If you can live with the first set there are like 5 more shades of green or aqua to choose from, 42 swatches in total for that one.
  • Options
    Here is a link to Peacemaker's drapes if your interested. If not his site is still a treasure chest of BB goodies.
  • Options
    I don't like the clipping, but that top one is actually a great option for a taller, similiar window which is catty-corner to the one I asked about. The curtain I have on it right now is much too long for the window and that one looks perfect. So, at the very least, you gave me a few new options for other uses. My preferred source of CC is my tumblr feed and peacemaker just got another follow. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    If you want to die and go to heaven just go to 'all' on his downloads page. I just hope your computer is ready for what happens next if you have as little self control as I do. I literally downloaded everything.☺️🀣 Curtains for short, wide windows like that aren't easy to find.
  • Options
    @LMLS214, I definitely have little self control. I've already downloaded all the curtains, and all the floors, and all the walls, and all the rugs (was just looking for more of those yesterday). ... moving into other areas of the catalog now. :lol:
  • Options
    Well then I probably shouldn't introduce you to The House of Harlix.

Oh wait...oopsie
  • Options
    Geezus...you sent me down quite the rabbit hole.

890 MB worth of new CC... and I was still browsing. I'm forcing myself to stop (for now). :lol:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    @LMLS2143 Wanted to thank you for your help and to let you know I did end up finding something that works without clipping. They are basic blinds, but still make me feel like it looks properly like a bedroom where you can block out the light. I ended up finding them on TSR here. I don't like how many ads TSR has, so it's always the last place I'm willing to look...but it has stuff I can't find anywhere else often enough.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep I thoroughly enjoyed helping out. I love cc so I was in my element. So happy you found something that works for your build.

I took the plunge a few years back and got a VIP subscription to TSR. No ads, no waiting, and you can put your stuff in a basket as you browse and download it all in one zip file. If you ever want recommendations on creators just let me know and I will be more than happy to share. As I told another forum member recently I am your one stop shop for cc!

• Options
    Oh, don't get me wrong @LMLS2143, I know how great TSR is with a subscription. I was a member through the entire TS1 and TS2 eras. The CC available for the franchise really exploded during the TS3 years though, and I didn't feel like it was worth the money any longer.
    I've been critical of their shameless over-use of ads the whole time though. :lol:
  • Options
    Fair enough. They were my gateway into cc and I've hung around. You are right, there are a lot of great creators on Tumblr and Patreon. My offer to help still stands, anytime, and now I know where not to start looking.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
  • Options
    @Stormkeep Did you pick up where you left off downloading earlier, or is the spell broken?😁
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @LMLS2143 I did.. I finished going through everything at both places you had recommended. The sheer amount of new CC I added to my game was actually pretty massive. Over a GB. O.O

Some really great stuff at both of those places.

I also ended up grabbing about 20 new things from TSR while I was there too. I have a bit of an addiction when it comes to CC shopping.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep I know what you mean. As of right now my mods folder is a dainty 105GB! Yes, you read that right, 1..0..5..!!!😲🀯

I don't have a cc problem. I have a no problem, as in I don't know the meaning of the word when it comes to cc!🀣