Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else have Sims walking through walls since yesterday's update?

It's not happening often, but a few times now I've had Sims just walk through walls as if they are not even there. Never saw it in my game, like...ever...until after the update yesterday (which I applied early this morning).

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this too or if maybe my game is borked and I should run a repair.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Don't think it's the patch, my sims are walking through walls, tables, counters and it's bugging me. Going on a few weeks now.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I have not patched my game since CoL release, and some sims walk through walls and objects. They obviously have routing issues as they slow down and nearly just about slide instead of walking, though, so maybe this is something totally different from what you see. When it happens (not often, so I don't really mind) there will typically be another sim getting in their way. I don't know when this started but it must have been minimum 3-4 months.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm familiar with the kind of routing or animation issues where they pass through solid objects sometimes too, that's been a problem with the game (at least for me) since it first came out. I forgive that one, because the alternative is more frequent use of the routing failures instead, like we had so much of in TS3...I'd rather have what we have now than go back to that.

But I'm seeing something completely new, where a sim just routes as if the wall isn't there at all. It's not happening near a doorway or anything, they just are picking a route that goes right through a wall.

I've only seen it 3 times so far. So it's not the norm, but it's still jarring. I had one instance where a Sim heading to the back yard at my direction just got up and walked through the back wall of the house. The door is on the front with a secondary door on the side...they didn't even head in either of those directions.
    And it's not confined to just that one lot, because both of the other times have been other lots. Once at University in the Foxbury commons and another time in Glimmerbrook at a retail location I have there.

Edit: Oh, it just occurred to me, the Sim I'm seeing it happen with is a witch, who uses the transportalate spell by default. Maybe the game is showing walking animation, but choosing her routing as if she is going to just transportalate there.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Oh I've had this problem often here and there, but I always chocked it up to the fact that my game is modded up the wazoo.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I was playing a couple days ago after a long time of not playing, and I was surprised to see a lot of sims glitching through walls, objects and staircases. I had a party at a sims' house and the guests kept walking through the staircase.
    I think the routing is quite buggy right now.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I have had a couple do that very slow jittering motion which used to precede them going through the walls. But so far, she just jittered her was to the end of the wall. :open_mouth: I'll keep a closer look as I play today.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I've had them walk through walls before the latest patch. Not a long-standing thing, so maybe since the previous patch?
  • Options
    I've had them walk through walls before the latest patch. Not a long-standing thing, so maybe since the previous patch?

That could be. I had it happen 3 times all in a few hours right after patching, which made me think it could be related to the new patch...but now I haven't seen it happen again since. So it could just be a rare enough occurrence I hadn't noted it before.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Actually, this was added to a patch quite awhile ago because Sims were often getting stuck. So it now has a way that unless they actually are stuck, to keep moving. Honestly, the getting stuck thing a meter or more from an object was much more annoying than clipping through objects or walls.

I remember someone tested this before that. Putting a few of the toddler toy blocks around them could trap the Sim, lol!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I think they adjusted this when the game was patched for DHD. I wish they had found a better fix for routing than going completely through walls and other objects.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I've seen them walking through walls and fences long before the patch.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    Don't think it's the patch, my sims are walking through walls, tables, counters and it's bugging me. Going on a few weeks now.

I'll second this and add my sims have always walked through walls periodically before and I never used the move objects cheats before. But as more packs have been added over time they are consistently doing it now.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Yeah, before my Sims could clip through the door, but still got through it.
    I played yesterday, and my Sims walked directly through the wall, and later on the door. Even though it is kind of funny, I would like it fixed soon.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    not really but then again i use lots of debug fences anyway that sims do not consider walls so at this point ive probably just gotten good at ignoring :lol:

also i recall having olive specter jump through wall to outside mid aging up before but that was ages ago
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    not really but then again i use lots of debug fences anyway that sims do not consider walls so at this point ive probably just gotten good at ignoring :lol:

also i recall having olive specter jump through wall to outside mid aging up before but that was ages ago

I've had this happen a few times recently when sims age up. I guess there's not enough room inside so they jump outside.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I've never had a sim walk through a wall, but I've had them walk through a half wall many times.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I saw this happen once the other day but I'm not sure if it was just before or just after the patch. The sim took a path straight through a wall, but the door next to him opened, so I just mentally presumed it was graphics lag.

Now I'm curious to see if this is a pattern.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    Jyotai wrote: »
    I saw this happen once the other day but I'm not sure if it was just before or just after the patch. The sim took a path straight through a wall, but the door next to him opened, so I just mentally presumed it was graphics lag.

Now I'm curious to see if this is a pattern.

:lol: That's awesome that the door opened at least. I honestly don't know if the door opened or not when I have seen my Sim do it because they have always walked through walls no where close to the door they should have used, so the door was off camera. Now I'm curious.

It still hasn't happened again, yet, in my game since the 3 times within the same play session that prompted my OP. Very strange.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I had a hard time with my Strangerville play yesterday. My Sims kept jumping ahead or behind a few paces at the bar and walking through tables. I had a hard time getting them to sit at the bar to eat or drink. They couldn't travel out of Strangerville to festivals without taking more than one Sim with them. Hopefully it doesn't happen again tonight.